Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Next in line to leave?

Scan

So most of the top 5% of the playerbase and some haters have moved on.

The high achievers and "other game" fans have not resubbed.

What we have now is the 90-95% at the top of the tree, (raiding, pvping etc)

How long before this 90-95% group of players begin to post the same things? I feel the game is aimed at the 40-45% player mark. They should raise the difficulty level and final endgame achievements to the 80%+ mark.

So only the top 20% get the very best stuff, the best titles, the best rewards. If not then you will slowly see the high end players whittle away. Nothing cheapens a game more than welfare loot, and welfare titles etc. (When you can aquire something so easily it loses all its luster)

You will still see trolling and hating posts until you hit that 50%ish mark and then we will only see fawning and bum kissing posts. By then ofc it will be too late and the game will either be F2P or dead in the virtual water.

I place myself roughly in the 75-85% area, i feel i owe to the SW IP to give them maybe 2-3 months to get their shizz in order.

However, not listening to the hardcore has already had a toll, i just hope BW takes heed.

Edited by Scan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is mearly a warning from a player that goes back to the ZX81 level of gaming and played UO/EQ1.

Aiming the game at the below average skill/ability level will make this game the butt of the mmo world.

This is mearly a warning from a player that goes back to the ZX81 level of gaming and played UO/EQ1.

Aiming the game at the below average skill/ability level will make this game the butt of the mmo world.

You mean like that horrible failure of an MMO WoW does? Yeah, no possible way for an MMO to succeed like that :rolleyes:

You mean like that horrible failure of an MMO WoW does? Yeah, no possible way for an MMO to succeed like that :rolleyes:

You have not completed all of wow's content, pre nerfed.

You did not kill C'thun, or pre nerfed Magtheridon. WoW at the very top is aimed at the elite players, you can say it isnt but this only tells me you have no clue what you are talking about.

Sure WoW nerfs content when new content is released, but thats not what you are saying..

Nothing in an MMO is hard!! Say what you really mean. Only the people that can spend 10 hours a day in a game should get the best gear. I don't have a job so I should get the best gear.

Pushing buttons is not hard. Yes, there needs to be time sinks, but to claim "I'm in the top 85% is BS, you just have more time."

Edited by asciiadam

My cousin is 7 yrs old and she plays WoW. WoW makes more money than every MMO combined...again, my 7 yr old cousin plays WoW. Bioware keeping things simple (like WoW does) is not a bad idea.

I personally want complexity but I'm not arrogant enough to believe that if a game doesn't do what I want it will fail ;)

My conclusion? Casuals make the world go round :)

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Aaaaand? You have to put into your head that 80% of WoW players are casuals, it's they who pay the bills. So naturally, most themeparks coming out in the last years have catered mostly to casuals.

TOR is as casual as you go for this reason.

Actually, listening to hardcore players cost Blizzard over 2 million players so, really, get used to it or go to play some REALLY hardcore game (I mean games where being 'hardcore' doesn't mean sitting 12 hours a day in front of a PC and using addons and macros to play)

How long before this 90-95% group of players begin to post the same things? I feel the game is aimed at the 40-45% player mark. They should raise the difficulty level and final endgame achievements to the 80%+ mark.

So only the top 20% get the very best stuff, the best titles, the best rewards. If not then you will slowly see the high end players whittle away. Nothing cheapens a game more than welfare loot, and welfare titles etc. (When you can aquire something so easily it loses all its luster)

You will still see trolling and hating posts until you hit that 50%ish mark and then we will only see fawning and bum kissing posts. By then ofc it will be too late and the game will either be F2P or dead in the virtual water.

I place myself roughly in the 75-85% area, i feel i owe to the SW IP to give them maybe 2-3 months to get their shizz in order.

However, not listening to the hardcore has already had a toll, i just hope BW takes heed.

And your statistics are based on what exactly.

Just because you were playing on systems most of us wasn’t born to remember doesn’t make your %'s any more accurate. This game was always supposed to be casual, it was marketed that way.

Nothing in an MMO is hard!! Say what you really mean. Only the people that can spend 10 hours a day in a game should get the best gear. I don't have a job so I should get the best gear.

Pushing buttons is not hard. Yes, there needs to be time sinks, but to claim "I'm in the top 85% is BS, you just have more time.

Again then i call you a lier, mmo's at the very top are hard. The timing, refexes and co-ordination required are immense.

You can post a blanket statement like "all mmo's are easy" but then those in the know, know you to be full of it.

I don't think you know what a % is really used for.

My cousin is 7yrs old and she plays WoW. WoW makes more money than every MMO combined...again, my 7yr old cousin plays WoW. Bioware keeping things simple (like WoW does) is not a bad idea.

I personally want complexity but I'm not arrogant enough to believe that if a game doesn't do what I want it will fail ;)

My conclusion? Casuals make the world go round :)

WoW at the very top is (the hardfest .5% of the game) aimed at the elite, the hardest of hardcore gamers.

Skill, co-ordination, teamwork and reflexes are all required to server first content.

If your telling me your 7yr old sibling is in server leading guild then he is one gifted kid.

You have not completed all of wow's content, pre nerfed.

You did not kill C'thun, or pre nerfed Magtheridon. WoW at the very top is aimed at the elite players, you can say it isnt but this only tells me you have no clue what you are talking about.

Sure WoW nerfs content when new content is released, but thats not what you are saying..

A friend of mine who is a dev for Blizzard has told me that one of the 'key mistakes' they made in the last release was making the content too hard and they are going back to WOTLK level difficulty for raids and instances.

WoW at the very top is (the hardfest .5% of the game) aimed at the elite, the hardest of hardcore gamers.

Skill, co-ordination, teamwork and reflexes are all required to server first content.

If your telling me your 7yr old sibling is in server leading guild then he is one gifted kid.

Can't tell if joking or on crack.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.