My server is dying, allow free migration!

Mauriciocruz

My server (Kai-kan) has gone from being full and under heavy load under the christmas holiday, to having around 1-2k players online (a few hundred more under peak hours) according to SWTORarena

http://www.swtorarena.com/?app=statistics&module=server&section=view&region=eu&location=en&server=kai-kan

Even though I know it's not fully accurate, you can really feel it. 40 players in Ilum, 150 on Imperial Fleet and I have met maybe 4 republics under leveling. I know that some people like this, but I love the immersion of having hundreds of fellow empires around me in highly populated server. I'm really concerned if servers will die now when free subscription end, and it was wrong of you Mythic to make so many servers on launch.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's irrelevant, Blizzard succeeded to make the worlds biggest MMO with a modified WC3-engine.

What's irrelevant is that website, how do they have actual figures on server population? Do they have access to IP tables on BW networks? Your server might seem less crowded because the shards have been increased, must notibly in Ilum...

My server (Kai-kan) has gone from being full and under heavy load under the christmas holiday, to having around 1-2k players online (a few hundred more under peak hours) according to SWTORarena

http://www.swtorarena.com/?app=statistics&module=server&section=view&region=eu&location=en&server=kai-kan

Even though I know it's not fully accurate, you can really feel it. 40 players in Ilum, 150 on Imperial Fleet and I have met maybe 4 republics under leveling. I know that some people like this, but I love the immersion of having hundreds of fellow empires around me in highly populated server. I'm really concerned if servers will die now when free subscription end, and it was wrong of you Mythic to make so many servers on launch.

Lol, your server numbers make me highly jealous, republic fleet on KJ has 40-60 at peak hours and I've never seen Ilum higher than 20, this was after having queues in the first week.

Id rather see a Bioware managed merge than ffa transfers though, this way the populations could be balanced as best as its possible with the current numbers

Lol, your server numbers make me highly jealous, republic fleet on KJ has 40-60 at peak hours and I've never seen Ilum higher than 20, this was after having queues in the first week.

Id rather see a Bioware managed merge than ffa transfers though, this way the populations could be balanced as best as its possible with the current numbers

I would too like that more, but the thing is that when a game starts to merge server it's really doomed. Too bad they made so many server.

That just shows Blizzard was more talented at modifying their engine than EAware was at modifying theirs.

Hehe, methinks we need DICE to come help BioWare...

"The Old Republic: Now re-imagined in the critically-acclaimed Frostbite engine!"

I'd pay to play that :D

"Tired of that pesky, healing Inquisitor over in that Cantina? No problem - just take an AT-ST through it and collapse the building!"

Oh, wait ... Battlefront 3 anyone? :D

Does it make you nervous?

I know I can't sleep a whole night without waking up in a cold sweat thinking about bad statistics.

What those statistics actually show is that the server went from being 'heavy' most of the time to being 'standard'.

Absolutely chilling.

Edited by Heliotic

Does it make you nervous?

No considering the creater of the link site himself says you cannot gather a population level from his data. quoted straight from site FAQ

Can I make guesses on overall subscription count based on these graphs?No you shouldn't be relying on them to make so guesses. These graph purely relies on instantaneous server population values provided by Bioware, nothing more.

No considering the creater of the link site himself says you cannot gather a population level from his data. quoted straight from site FAQ

While my server Darth Bandon isn't dead it has gone from what was once the highest pop USEast server to one of the lower ones rather quickly. I find it amusing how early on we had multi hour queue times but we can't seem to field above 50-60 people in Ilum or on the fleet.

yeah xugos covered himself in ridicule trying to use that site to prove his rantings (that is before we discovered he had multiple accounts and used them to try to give himself soem credibility)

now it's wowkiddietornpanda turn

yeah xugos covered himself in ridicule trying to use that site to prove his rantings (that is before we discovered he had multiple accounts and used them to try to give himself soem credibility)

now it's wowkiddietornpanda turn

Lol xugos, I dont think anyone will ever forget him.

Multiple TOR accounts, multiple MMO-chammpion accounts, multiple WoW accounts, all bumping his topics and agreeing with him.

I bet he wont unsub :(