sentinel delayed attack issues

pethus

well hi everyone I have canceled my subscription becuase a front line melee class with high damage is all I like to play and this one is broken. Now before anyone starts to say oh I am just fine and it works great for me I am happy for you. However for most people this class has shown true problems in the realm of pvp and I will try to list them the best I can.

first the damage per skill and abilitys are sound its the exicution that is causing all the problems.

1.zelus strike: if I remember its name right is the one that builds focus its a must have attack right out of the gate and most of the time it takes 3-4 tries to get this to actualy hit. Most of the time it will start then cancel half way threw its animation and hit nothing and give no focus. no focus means no attacks to fallow means no damage.

2.pearcing slash: this one has the same problem and is another must have to max damage on this class. On top of witch I have seen several times that players can move out of its range from the time of input on the key to the time it lands so it dosnt hit and have to try it again oh just took 3k damage and did none getting off to a good start here.

3.master strike: Ok this attack takes forever and during witch time your getting hammerd with damage. Once again this is a stand up melee fighter that needs to be up close cant be waiting 4 hole sec for an attack to hit.

4.blade storm: once again takes to long to respond to key input and sometimes cancels itself without landing any damage.

5:slash: I think it is its the main attack that takes 3 focus and is the main stay of the sentinels damage. it is slow to activat and have had players move out of its range before its animation was done causing it not to hit.

that is the bulk of it for now there are other issues but if those could get cleared up I would realy like to come back. As a stand up melee fighter the attacks need to be smooth fast and able to hit on the move. Right now there not and I have checked my hardware and connection so that is not the issue and I realy hope that this will help the devs fix this class.

well hi everyone I have canceled my subscription becuase a front line melee class with high damage is all I like to play and this one is broken. Now before anyone starts to say oh I am just fine and it works great for me I am happy for you. However for most people this class has shown true problems in the realm of pvp and I will try to list them the best I can.

first the damage per skill and abilitys are sound its the exicution that is causing all the problems.

1.zelus strike: if I remember its name right is the one that builds focus its a must have attack right out of the gate and most of the time it takes 3-4 tries to get this to actualy hit. Most of the time it will start then cancel half way threw its animation and hit nothing and give no focus. no focus means no attacks to fallow means no damage.

2.pearcing slash: this one has the same problem and is another must have to max damage on this class. On top of witch I have seen several times that players can move out of its range from the time of input on the key to the time it lands so it dosnt hit and have to try it again oh just took 3k damage and did none getting off to a good start here.

3.master strike: Ok this attack takes forever and during witch time your getting hammerd with damage. Once again this is a stand up melee fighter that needs to be up close cant be waiting 4 hole sec for an attack to hit.

4.blade storm: once again takes to long to respond to key input and sometimes cancels itself without landing any damage.

5:slash: I think it is its the main attack that takes 3 focus and is the main stay of the sentinels damage. it is slow to activat and have had players move out of its range before its animation was done causing it not to hit.

that is the bulk of it for now there are other issues but if those could get cleared up I would realy like to come back. As a stand up melee fighter the attacks need to be smooth fast and able to hit on the move. Right now there not and I have checked my hardware and connection so that is not the issue and I realy hope that this will help the devs fix this class.

I take it you are Combat? Don't use Slash. Use Blade Rush, it does more damage and has synergy with the Blade Storm ability and Ataru Strikes.

You may also want to try Watchman (that is what I did), as the delay isn't as prevalent in that tree.

Combat requires you to spam attacks and causes the stuttering more often and the core abilities in Combat's rotation are all affected by this issue.

I upped my DPS and survivability in WZs.

With Combat I was averaging about 150K and with Watchman I am averaging 225K.

Watchman takes a bit to get used to going from Combat as the play style is a lot slower, but it is pretty rewarding. 1v1 you are a beast and if you start becoming proficient in it, you can easily 1v3 people.

You may also want to try Watchman (that is what I did), as the delay isn't as prevalent in that tree.

I consider myself a very precise PvPer in all games I play, skill delays when spec Watchman still render the game almost unplayable.

I consider myself a very precise PvPer in all games I play, skill delays when spec Watchman still render the game almost unplayable.

Not saying that they aren't there, but they aren't as impacting as it is with Combat. Combat is fast paced, where Watchman is more calculative and slower.

Combat is very spammy and requires you to need your abilities to respond immediately.

I find this class amazing for everything, provided u are the RIGHT spec, Watchman for pve and focus for pvp. as far as the delay, yeah it sucks a little but i can adjust and do just fine in pvp even in watchman when i dont feel like switching. and also they will fix issues like that eventually. if you really cancelled ur sub, it must be because of other issues cause this is a silly one to throw towel in for. Edited by Averran
rude

Having abilities that fight against you when you need to use them right now is a little more than a 'minor issue'. The class has a good basic design, but has been very poorly implemented, partially in regards to the way animations/costs/CDs are right now, and at least as much is due to poor UI/poor coding/general bugginess.

I find this class amazing for everything, provided u are the RIGHT spec, Watchman for pve and focus for pvp. as far as the delay, yeah it sucks a little but i can adjust and do just fine in pvp even in watchman when i dont feel like switching. and also they will fix issues like that eventually. if you really cancelled ur sub, it must be because of other issues cause this is a silly one to throw towel in for.

this is just a case of someone not helping anything please dont post this I am trying to get the devs to help fix the problem not to be picked on by people with no social skills.

Edited by Averran
rude quote

I find this class amazing for everything, provided u are the RIGHT spec, Watchman for pve and focus for pvp. as far as the delay, yeah it sucks a little but i can adjust and do just fine in pvp even in watchman when i dont feel like switching. and also they will fix issues like that eventually. if you really cancelled ur sub, it must be because of other issues cause this is a silly one to throw towel in for.

Having abilities not going off after you pressed the multiple times is anything but "silly".

Edited by Averran
rude quote

They said they are fixing it and balancing will come soon after they fix the game bugs. Officially this game has been out a month and they have fixed alot of things in somewhat of a timely fashion AND added new content. QQ and wait it out. Stop QQ for attention saying you will unsubcribe. because lets do the numbers.

If they have sold over 900,000 in preoders not including regular ones. If they subcribed they would make over 13,500,000. MOnths from preorders. Subtract cost of miantence for server customer support and all that tgood stuff. They will still have a pretty penny. Now times that by 12. 162,000,000. A year for this game. About. Now. They you. one QQ unscribing 180 a year. I doubt they will speed thing up just because a few members on the forum doesnt like that the game and all of its massive content isnt fixed within the first month. So either reroll a diff class till they fix the issue or QQ with all your unscribing glory

I will admit, I was experiencing, for the first time, some serious ability stutter. It was in a Flashpoint, but that shouldn't have much to do with it.

Additionally, they changes how the cool downs appear makes it really hard to see whether I was 'stuttering' or whether an ability hadn't finished cooling down.

It was pretty frustrating.

Not that I'm going to quit, as per the OP. I really don't get that attitude.

I will admit, I was experiencing, for the first time, some serious ability stutter. It was in a Flashpoint, but that shouldn't have much to do with it.

Additionally, they changes how the cool downs appear makes it really hard to see whether I was 'stuttering' or whether an ability hadn't finished cooling down.

It was pretty frustrating.

Not that I'm going to quit, as per the OP. I really don't get that attitude.

I dont enjoy playing other types of classes and because of these problems the game is more frustrating then fun I can get that for free

Realistically this issue will make or break the entire class, the sooner they fix it the less subs they will lose.

The class is also fine as is, the 30% from searing saber was not working properly and they are buffing plasma blades i believe, hopefully to 10-20-30% 1/2/3 points invested.

The only other possible change that they could make is to have all the following cd's off the global (pacify, guarded by force, rebuke, saberward, transcendence, zen, inspiration)

The class is also fine as is
The class is fine as is if you spec to avoid the built in finishing rotation of the class. The inability to land Blade Storm and Dispatch or the final tick of Master Strike and Blade Storm in the same time stamp is a glaring flaw. If you compare it to the Shadow's finisher which engages earlier, deals more damage, and has immediate responsiveness. It's insulting.

Considering there is a spec that can't avoid this problem. The class is clearly not fine as is.

Combat requires you to spam attacks and causes the stuttering more often and the core abilities in Combat's rotation are all affected by this issue.

I upped my DPS and survivability in WZs.

With Combat I was averaging about 150K and with Watchman I am averaging 225K.

Watchman takes a bit to get used to going from Combat as the play style is a lot slower, but it is pretty rewarding. 1v1 you are a beast and if you start becoming proficient in it, you can easily 1v3 people.

Your having a laugh, not as bad in this tree?

The problems are not tree specific they affect us all.

Can't force camo when needed as it wont trigger, can't use saber ward when needed as wont trigger, delays on animations or just pure failure, broken mechanics on searing sabre list goes on.

Not saying that they aren't there, but they aren't as impacting as it is with Combat. Combat is fast paced, where Watchman is more calculative and slower.

Combat is very spammy and requires you to need your abilities to respond immediately.

This is wrong, I can debate you and physically prove you wrong on this. Watchmen tree looks like a laid back tree with the longer the fight goes on the better damage but this isn't true at all.

My DoTs when they crit and the initial ability damage will do more damage in 6secs than any other spec (except for the one hitter quiter of Focus). I hit 4.5k regularly with Merciless Slash that's included in the 6secs of DoTs. A Watchmen Sentinel can out damage any other spec within 6secs of starting the fight. Watchmen should be a glass cannon but we have the damage and the defensive buffs to go along with it as well as some heals.

For instance Leap(600dmg),Overload in air(600 dmg that stacks 3 times), Zealous Strike(700dmg), Cauterize(700 dmg plus 875 dmg over 6secs), Merciless Strike (2500dmg which can also reset Cauterize CD). Not to mention 10% health regeneration from the DoTs.

At a bare minimum that's almost 7200 dmg within the first 8secs of fighting. That's not counting buffs or crits. We add those in there and you can beef up the numbers almost double and that's insane. Especially once you add in Expertise, things get real.

I felt this same way prior to switching to Watchmen but now I wouldn't go back to any other spec especially since the extra 30% of crit damage that we are suppose to get doesn't actually happen atm and is being fixed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.