The Republic has given up

LKaras

You bought and played a game knowing up front that it has a stat inplace that cause a gear gap to occur - even though the developers have been told over and over the end result (we are seeing it already which is a shame), and pointed to, outlined and shown examples of better systems. You bought and played a game knowing the developers have little to no experience with MMO's, none with PvP and the team asked to produce PvP has a poor track record. Why do you act surprised that the inevitable has happened? Players have been pointing out that this would happen (as it did in other games) for ages before ToR even got released, so why would you even hope that it would change.

There is only one person to blame here, you.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it really sucks my fellow republic brother.

My only suggestion to the devs is to do what Rift is doing - put "brackets" within the 50 bracket.

But then again, the gear progression in Rift is like 300% better than SWTOR.

Then again, Rift is like 300% better than SWTOR, lol.

It's sad but true. I hit 50 two days ago and have tried to finish my warzone daily since. I've only run about 10 matches, but they were all miserable losses. It's disheartening and it's making my guildies question their desire to participate in PVP on our server.

Nobody is talking about switching to Empire side, they're just talking about quitting.

I hate when people make that empty threat. If you truly dislike the game, quit. It's THE ONLY THING THAT WILL SEND A MESSAGE TO THE DEVELOPERS. LITERALLY, THE ONLY THING.

I, myself, already have.

You bought and played a game knowing up front that it has a stat inplace that cause a gear gap to occur - even though the developers have been told over and over the end result (we are seeing it already which is a shame), and pointed to, outlined and shown examples of better systems. You bought and played a game knowing the developers have little to no experience with MMO's, none with PvP and the team asked to produce PvP has a poor track record. Why do you act surprised that the inevitable has happened? Players have been pointing out that this would happen (as it did in other games) for ages before ToR even got released, so why would you even hope that it would change.

There is only one person to blame here, you.

So I should blame myself and we shouldn't try to fix it. Great.

Eranus its called Alt+F4 log an alt for 30 mins then get back to what you were doing, it isn't exactly a new practice in pvp servers/zones if you're getting corpse camped. Nobody forced you to stay logged in and get your backside handed to you. Is it annoying as hell? yeah of course it is but you know what you signed up to entering an open pvp zone. You knew there was a risk of being outnumbered.

So please try and keep it constructive shall we?

You just talked about republic being a dirty liar if the roles were reversed, yet you talk as if you wouldn't be making the exact same outcries being in OUR position. In fact, I can't believe I'm wasting my time repsonding to you, but I can't help myself. This is more than likely due to the way you phrase your "empire fan boy" point of view, and it's interpreted without a doubt by the majority of everyone else as "Im a douchebag, Im a douchebag, l2p, or quit the game." I'm actually glad you play empire, because I cringe at the thought of you "complaining" if you were in our situation.

I like how you state the obvious, then try to say "Let's keep it constructive shall we?" Seriously, stop trolling this thread with your pseudo intellectual douchery please. There is a problem, the more players voice it, the more likely Bioware will fix it. "Complaining" about the amount of threads on this topic is like complaining about the the amount of outcries against SOPA. It may be a poor analogy, but you seem intelligent enough to understand my point, and hopefully you'll humble yourself a little bit. Can only hope...

I wouldn't mind losing Warzones if I could play.

And by that I mean that my decidedly above-average custom-built computer drops from 70-90FPS when anywhere else (even on the Fleet) to 15-20FPS with significant input delay as soon as any moderate-scale PvP encounter starts up.

I can fight one or two players just fine, but Ilum or a Warzone is just a slideshow much of the time.

That combined with the way the loot system works keeps me away from PvP. This is unfortunate because I enjoy PvP in this game when it works.

lol then why in the living hell are you playing the game?

I hate when people make that empty threat. If you truly dislike the game, quit. It's THE ONLY THING THAT WILL SEND A MESSAGE TO THE DEVELOPERS. LITERALLY, THE ONLY THING.

I, myself, already have.

Then stop posting and quit already. You're acting like those Smokers who "Quit smoking" after this "One last cigarette" and end up buying a pack a week later.

I spent 5 hours to get ONE win trying to finish my WZ daily (which I never got). Every WZ was 6 rep vs 8 imps. We put up good fights in some of them, but I guess when you tie on voidstar it always goes to the imps. Why not? since the designers and programmers are most likely all Sith players. Now that most of the imps I see have all magically gotten full battlegear in the last 24 hours this game can go back on the shelf with all the other disappointments. Edited by DarthSerium

I spent 5 hours to get ONE win trying to finish my WZ daily (which I never got). Every WZ was 6 rep vs 8 imps. We put up good fights in some of them, but I guess when you tie on voidstar it always goes to the imps. Why not? since the designers and programmers are most likely all Sith players. Now that most of the imps I see have all magically gotten full battlegear in the last 24 hours this game can go back on the shelf with all the other disappointments.

When you're outnumbered, just leave.

Well i think its to late for most ppl, first the valor "farm", now you can see how underpopulated rep is, and the lag in ilum are just to much for my computer, run with 1fps aint really fun. And in warzones rep mainly just loose so whats left in this game? Run around and lvl/pve ? Edited by Netcoden

My above reply applies to the latest and greatest who are here flaming the OP.

To the OP, shake these trolls off. They are obviously bored waiting on their ques, that's why they are here. Their feeble minds don't comprehend the fact that fixing this problem IMPROVES QUE TIMES for empire.

I think today's patch fixed most of yeseterday's problems (with Ilum, not warzones), but I feel like Republic players have been scared away from PvP in general by the valor farms that went on yesterday and videos like
one. On Carrick station, players are constantly asking "Is Ilum safe?", "Are the dailies doable now?", and the honest answer is no they are not. Not unless you already have a group before you get there.

I lead a small republic guild (which unfortunately seems to be all the republic has) and we are completely helpless to finish the dailies. Win 3 warzones? We play in 13, lose 11 of them. Spend an hour and a half on Ilum and complete 10/30. Travel to Ilum in a 15 man raid? The Imperials have a 30 man raid. None of the Republic players seem to even want to try anymore. Players are constantly quitting in WZ's because of the constant losing/awfulness.

The patch fixed the mechanical problems on Ilum. The only problem now is that Republic players are too scared to go. Also, there are still serious problems with warzones from the patch. All the lvl 50 bracket did was pit mobs of geared Imps against Republic players who are generally not geared. This may have helped players who are not max level, but it has made winning for the lvl 50 Republic players impossible on my server.

Let's face it. The Empire is a thoroughly better faction. But does that mean that the Republic players are just supposed to sit here and take these lashings on the chin? I want to finish my dailies every day, but I simply don't have enough free time to do it. And I have a lot of free time.

so you wanted to come here to try an wind people up an passive aggressively belittle people.... lol you honestly think your pvpers?, you are pve farmers, an exploiters nothing more.

I have fought world pvpers in quest gear that are far more talented than any of the cheats an exploiters on Illum.

I used to be in a guild that did same thing, called Ebonlore. Actual world pvp is now destroyed too, because all the exploiters are going to do is go out to tatt/Hoth/Voss an run round killing everything they can find with complete immunity.

I have to say I am disgusted with biowares lack of bottle, the minute this exploit was discovered the servers should have come down an Illum shut down. It was lazy, second rate practices that one would expect from blizzard, not bioware. Obviously EA have alot more of a hold over bioware than we thought.

My above reply applies to the latest and greatest who are here flaming the OP.

To the OP, shake these trolls off. They are obviously bored waiting on their ques, that's why they are here. Their feeble minds don't comprehend the fact that fixing this problem IMPROVES QUE TIMES for empire.

I just want to be able to do my dailies daily. But I don't have 6 hours a day to win 3 warzones. Yes! That is how long it takes!

So I should blame myself and we shouldn't try to fix it. Great.

Thats what you don't seem to understand, they don't care - they have your money - why should they try and fix it? What profitability is there for them to spend massive hours redoing the work that should have been done in the first place? None. So you can suggest, you can complain, you can evaluate, expose, discuss, outline and do anything you think will help all you like, in the end, if YOU want quality gaming, then give YOUR money to game makers that actually set out from the start to design and implement a workable system. Until YOU decide to make this choice, then expect the same over and over.

In the end the problem is still YOU.

(The same you that seems to keep Michael Bay in business - seriously people, shaky cam and 10 billion cuts of static objects is not an "action sequence")

Edited by stuology

I just want to be able to do my dailies daily. But I don't have 6 hours a day to win 3 warzones. Yes! That is how long it takes!

thats what you get for exploiting, I find it amusing that the youngsters who did this have the balls to come ot forums an complain their battleground timers are too long.

thats what you get for exploiting, I find it amusing that the youngsters who did this have the balls to come ot forums an complain their battleground timers are too long.

You misunderstand. It takes me six hours to finish my daily because my team loses 10 times in a row. I'm Republic not Empire you fool!

Removed block of text to try and keep post shorter

Would I be annoyed in your situation yes, hence why I've said I sympathise, but constantly saying "Punish the empire" isn't going to fix it, either come up with a legitimate FAIR fix for the problem or don't bother.

The thing that bugs me the most is I've said that something needs to be done and that part of my posts is mysteriously ignored, but you can't screw over one faction because of a mistake that Bioware made, because then we'll have exactly the same issue with the empire complaining, which would solve nothing, and you know what? I bet that's why they haven't done anything YET because they need a workaround that makes everybody happy. but as I've stated, I'm gonna get hung out to dry no matter what I say purely because I'm on the faction you so despise.

p.s. Going with the insults, classy move also you yourself said its a bad analogy so why bother using it? because it isn't the same thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Yea.... Republic just plain old gave up on my server Infinite Empire! It's the open PvP like Illum and tatooein and what not. I'm winning 50% of my Warzones which is ok by my standards lol because sometimes I notice the imps have just as crappy teams/players as we get sometimes.

MIGHT I ADD! The low level amount of AFKs is suprising..... Ruins the games for lot of people while they gain exp for doing crap.

I spent 5 hours to get ONE win trying to finish my WZ daily (which I never got). Every WZ was 6 rep vs 8 imps. We put up good fights in some of them, but I guess when you tie on voidstar it always goes to the imps. Why not? since the designers and programmers are most likely all Sith players. Now that most of the imps I see have all magically gotten full battlegear in the last 24 hours this game can go back on the shelf with all the other disappointments.

I believe the win goes to whoever defended first (if there is a tie), but i don't know for sure.

An entire faction is seriously giving up after a month? I played underdog in aion for 2 years, where the siege system was actually a huge part of the endgame. This is pretty mind blowing if you're serious here and not exagerating.

It's getting there trust me. It's not just his server. Republic on my server just give up and leave Wzs on a constant basis. It's getting worse and worse.

ALLOW

FACTION

TRANSFERS.

I do nothing but world pvp day in day out, in the actual worlds an to be honest even I have given up. I just wave an continue on now. if they attack I go make a coffee an come back when they are finished. It isn't worth it to fight people I rate as cheats. Along with the fact we get nothing for world pvp, an I am sick of killing for nothing :)

I believe the win goes to whoever defended first (if there is a tie), but i don't know for sure.

As far as I'm aware if it ends in a tie both teams lose, As I've lost in Ties when both attacking and defending first

Also to prove I'm not "trolling" as I've been accused of, I for one would be happy and fine with something like the old tenacity buff from wow which bolstered you based on how outnumbered you are to even the playing field. If done correctly (which would take work and time yes) it can help fix the republic issue without screwing over the empire.

Edited by Arentius