I'm glad I bought SWTOR.

VioletZero

Because now it is all clear to me.

SWTOR is the single most gilded game I've ever bought. It opened my eyes. It used every trick in the book to make me think that this garbage was gold and I fell for it.

It's been on a downward spiral for a while now. Every change made has contributed to this being another World of Warcraft clone. And I am convinced SWTOR will single handedly kill the subscription model of payment.

EA needs to learn to stop trying to copy success so much. Battlefield was just EA trying to have their own COD, Origin was EA trying to have their own steam.

And now BioWare is EA trying to have their own Blizzard. It's embarrassing and a horrible tarnish on the records of the good people who work at BioWare.

They need to realize that they're just puppets. They're no longer being used to make good games, they're now a marketing ploy. The game has clear evidence of good ideas getting snubbed in favor of EA trying to make it more World of Warcraft.

I have now become another jaded gamer. Thanks EA. :(

I enjoy the game a lot, so does almost everybody else too, but each to their own. I didn't like Skyrim at all but almost everyone seem to love the game, that's life. This game is clearly not for you, but to bash the game like that is uncalled for because it's a great game overall.

SWTOR is the single most gilded game I've ever bought. It opened my eyes. It used every trick in the book to make me think that this garbage was gold and I fell for it.

It's been on a downward spiral for a while now. Every change made has contributed to this being another World of Warcraft clone. And I am convinced SWTOR will single handedly kill the subscription model of payment.

EA needs to learn to stop trying to copy success so much. Battlefield was just EA trying to have their own COD, Origin was EA trying to have their own steam.

And now BioWare is EA trying to have their own Blizzard. It's embarrassing and a horrible tarnish on the records of the good people who work at BioWare.

They need to realize that they're just puppets. They're no longer being used to make good games, they're now a marketing ploy. The game has clear evidence of good ideas getting snubbed in favor of EA trying to make it more World of Warcraft.

Yea, stop comparing this game to WOW. World of Warcraft was actually a 'good' game. This game doesn't compare in anyway shape in form. Even the crap they copied from WOW (which was everything) wasn't done better.

Yea, stop comparing this game to WOW. World of Warcraft was actually a 'good' game. This game doesn't compare in anyway shape in form. Even the crap they copied from WOW (which was everything) wasn't done better.

If you want to compare SWTOR with WoW, SWTOR surpasses it on almost every feature.

WoW didn't copy anything from anywhere.

Of course it did, but that doesn't matter because none of those games were nearly as successful as WoW was. In which case, it was successful enough to warrant EA wanting to rip it off.

I still don't get what the point of this argument is. It's not like I said ANYWHERE that WoW was the first MMO. Nor does it have to be the first to be copied endlessly. Especially when this game made oodles of cash.

Is it any coincidence that EA's products happen to be crappier knock offs of incredibly lucrative products?

Edited by VioletZero

I enjoy the game a lot, so does almost everybody else too, but each to their own. I didn't like Skyrim at all but almost everyone seem to love the game, that's life. This game is clearly not for you, but to bash the game like that is uncalled for because it's a great game overall.

How is it a great game? Explain, everyone has said this is a great game but have failed to convince me. I always get the "In game decisions" Um no...I spaced bared through all of that because if I wanted to play kotor or Dragon age then I'd play those games. This is an MMO people, we want end game content not 8 single player campaigns that are complete rip off's of Si-fi shows.

We want

-Working raids

-A good PvP system

-And good world PvP

-Just all around a player made community

-add-ons

This is mythic to...and they are arguably the best THE BEST PVP devs ever and they couldn't even manage to create the best in this game.

It's down right disturbing to see many of you who still support this game...They spent almost 400Million dollars and where did it all go? How do you manage to break the game from beta to release, why did you use an unfinished game engine?

I love Bioware...loved them since their inception but I cannot give them any slack at all. They were given so much money for this project and they wasted it. This game has so much potential and i wish it still had it. But EA's stocks says otherwise.

I do not use to term Biodrone much but holy crap...reading these boards makes me think otherwise.

Can I have your stuff when you leave because you're obviously too busy on that cross up there.

BioWare Man up, up and Away!

WRONG! In this game you learn the talent trees from the bottom up, in WoW you learn them from the top down. It's a totally opposite design. You used the word "gilded." That leads me to believe you may be a history lover. So understand this: EA and BioWare is straight up like the alliance between France and the US during the American Revo War. Together they will utterly crush the lumbering power known as Blizzard. Like the mighty phoenix this game will rise up, spread its wings and soar through the sky.

Also this game is far from a WoW clone. Remember what I said about the talent trees being opposites, bear in mind this - the quest progression and content is far different from WoW, how gear works is totally different from WoW, in WoW they have pets whereas we have companions, again totally different; the subscription model and prices are different as well, WoW is $14.99 a month. Character abilities are totally not cloned over from WoW - for instance a Warrior's Thunder Clap, Charge, Cleave, and Shield Wall are all left to WoW, the abilities here are new and fresh. We can make choices, and they are not Hobson's Choices, every decision leads me down a totally different path. You can level up 100 Jedi Consulars 100 different ways.

Ma'am, this game is hardly a clone. Clones are exact genetic copies, so for this to be a clone it would have to have the same exact code - and it does not. Please step away from my Almighty and Glorious Game. Let it be finished!

You have just been BioWareized. /folds arms, and looks to the sky.

:D

Edited by Shortwave

She's right, Blizzard didn't copy from previous games, they stole, that is why they are now the benchmarks.

There are two saying that encompasses this directly

"Hacks copy, great artists steals"

and

"I'm only where I am today because I have stood on the shoulders of giants"

Actually, Battlefield 1942 came out in 2002. The first Call of Duty came out in 2003.

But, don't let facts get in your way.

I think the OP meant "gelded".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Gilded

having a pleasing or showy appearance that conceals something of little worth.

Yeah, that.

Actually, Battlefield 1942 came out in 2002. The first Call of Duty came out in 2003.

But, don't let facts get in your way.

Call of Duty 4: 2007

Battlefield 3: 2011

Battlefield 3 was clearly made in response to the Call of Duty craze.

Edited by VioletZero