Bioware...why am I no longer a battlemaster?

ZaneKaiser

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They warned people.

How were people who were playing the game supposed to know?

They didn't broadcast it to everyone.

They didn't include it in a breaking news on client startup.

They didn't send everyone with a level 50 toon an e-mail telling them to avoid Ilum. (but they did send me a not about all the "cool" things I can do now that I'm 50)

They posted on an Internet forum that only a small percent of the player base will read on any given day.

Bioware failed and now they are blaming their players for playing the game.

If an ATM machine on the street suddenly starts spitting out hundred dollar bills due to a bug in the system I suppose you'd give it all back to the bank aswell. Right?

It's irrelevant whether i'd give it back or not. All that matters is that if I didn't and I got caught I couldn't rely on the excuse that the bank had made an error to defend my actions.

If an ATM machine on the street suddenly starts spitting out hundred dollar bills due to a bug in the system I suppose you'd give it all back to the bank aswell. Right?

I wouldnt, but taking the money is still stealing it. If found you would prob be prosecuted.

Also, a thread full of holy beings. You all would have done the same thing on Ilum given the chance. Bunch of hypocrits.

I had the chance... was even on Ilum when I logged in. It felt wrong... so I went to Balsavis to do daily's. I hope none of the sploiters are Jedi... cause if so... you went to the dark side.

So when the power company makes a mistake and starts to send your "bill" to the wrong address for several months do you think that you should not have to pay for the months you used energy?

Welcome to the real world tike. This isn't kindergarden anymore. Part of being a big boy is understanding that individuals or companies are not the only ones who pay for their mistakes.

That's a horrible comparison. He already is paying Bioware.

A better comparison would be if the newspaper boy started delivering the paper to him everyday. He picked up the paper and read it. The newspaper can't come back and charge him for their mistake.

How were people who were playing the game supposed to know?

They didn't broadcast it to everyone.

They didn't include it in a breaking news on client startup.

They didn't send everyone with a level 50 toon an e-mail telling them to avoid Ilum. (but they did send me a not about all the "cool" things I can do now that I'm 50)

They posted on an Internet forum that only a small percent of the player base will read on any given day.

Bioware failed and now they are blaming their players for playing the game.

Not my fault or theirs, they posted on the forums.

Besides, if you go from valor 30 to 60 in a matter of 3 hours then you definitively know something is not working as intended.

Also, a thread full of holy beings. You all would have done the same thing on Ilum given the chance. Bunch of hypocrits.

imbeciles gonna imbecile...... I was given the chance, I logged on and saw what was happening and logged off until a further announcement. Why you ask? Because I don't need to cheat at a video game. I don't need advantages against my opponent because I have faith in my own pvp skills. If you need a boost to make up for your lack of pvp skill then thats all you brah.

So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

So I log in and I see my valor rank go from Battlemaster down to Gladiator

I'm sorry but why are you punishing me for something that was your fault?

So you knew it was a bug yet you used it anyway? You have no-one to blame but yourself.

EDIT:

From - http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:

17. Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

Edited by Palathas

It's not exploiting, it's called open world PVP? Why should I get punished for a bug that Bioware created?

LOL!

Are you serious right now? That isn't even close to open world PvP, that is sitting there taking advantage of your huge population difference and farming free valor from people who can't even leave.

And why shouldn't you be punished? You are exploiting a clearly stated bug. And in that context, I should be able to hack and get away with it because Bioware didn't know how to stop it.

C'mon, get real.

Pretty bad excuse. Just black out the name and you'll be fine.

Right b/c if he post it here they surely could not know that it is his account based on his forum name which happens to be linked to his account... sure he just needs to black it out....

You know it may not be true but your response was ..... not well thought out. :eek:

Just give him your email and see if he sends it....

I doubt this is real, but when you choose a PvP server to play on, a box pops up that says Bioware won't involve themselves in problems with PvP solutions. When I logged in yesterday, the guild told me to come visit Ilum and I thought it was funny lol. Graveyard camping is nothing new, and this crap has happened in so many MMOs before. It was just terrible judgement to raise the valor gains and not expect something like that to happen with how imbalanced the servers are. Edited by Mirela

I'm sorry but why are you punishing me for something that was your fault?

Right, because Bioware forced you to sit there and spawn camp us and kill us over and over, and not even let us get up. Of COURSE there was no exploit involved in that.

I'm sorry, I'm too busy laughing right now to care. Everyone on Ilum who benefited from this is fail at PvP. No skill was involved, no talent, just a mindless zerg that outnumbered us 15 to 1.

If you want battlemaster, then grind for it like everyone else. Don't cheat -- and spare me the excuse "well BIOWARE let it happen" , you should have known better -- and then expect to be able to keep your ill-gotten gains.

ALSO: Waiting for one of the BW dudes to come in here and tell us you're making this up. SS or out.

Edited by LogicalPremise

I have to totally agree with the OP. Come on, he stole that valor ranking fair and square. He put a lot of work into that, just standing around, slaughtering the helpless, i mean isnt that what the sith do? I mean if an ATM messed up and issued you a bunch of free money but you had to give it back later you'd be complaining too right? Rock on OP, anything earned the quick and morally adverse way has to be the best....

If you didn't give it back you could expect a house call from the Police or the Bank... see atm's all have cameras and yes that would still be considered theft..

Not a good a good example to help your case.

That's a horrible comparison. He already is paying Bioware.

A better comparison would be if the newspaper boy started delivering the paper to him everyday. He picked up the paper and read it. The newspaper can't come back and charge him for their mistake.

No that's a horrible comparison L2T

I was in Ilum before they announced that people should avoid it....I completely followed the rules as Bioware stated.. and yet I still get punished?

What kind of justice is this?

So if the IRS made a mistake and put an extra couple zeros on your tax return and then came back three months down the road and wanted the difference back you can just tell them it was their mistake and that you shouldn't be punished by having to give the money back. Good luck with that.

No that's a horrible comparison L2T

Retail store loses a bunch of money giving away products to people with a stack of coupons because no limitations were stated on the coupon.

Edited by Mirela