The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Coming Up in STAR WARS: The Old Republic Trailer

siegedeluxe

yup, kid here, 30 going on 31, game is broken, and if anything, the kids are the ones who are blinded by the brand behind the game rather then it's issues, so shut up.

p.s. have fun playing a dead game, because with instanced zones as is the game is practically empty, lacking any kind of ambiance, when all the people who actually want a working "good" game leave, ye, welcome to a very boring single player sw game.

oh but you have stories and light sabers, k.

Ambience is wading through hordes of spammy twits?

Greetings folks!

Several posts in this thread have been moderated. As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

I saw lots of Jedi Knights with their Hoods down, and nice crisp high res textures. Then I guess this is something that is comming soon, or is this false advertisment like all the previous trailers?

Edit: Just want to state that they are giving us great new features and I am gratefull, but it is not what I find to be most important. So far only looks of things bother me greatly, thus I want more that they give us a hood toggle or at least armors with their hoods down like we see in every darn trailer with Jedi Knights in them. And would it be so hard to just give us High res textures for our player character and companion?

Edited by Merwanor

Personally, I could care less about how my UI is positioned. Not being able to move it around has not inhibited my ability to down Soa.

Given the ability to change it is simply a bonus. Was it necessary to be a component at launch? No, because again it did not cause any sort of grief or prevent anyone from getting their job done.

More Flashpoints/Warzones = Always a plus. I never lag or have issues in pvp warzones. If you do, allow me to refer you to the customer service page about how to fix your system. You clearly have problems with your PC.

Legacy? Another bonus. Thanks again!

The game has been out a month. Every single MMO in the history of mankind will ALWAYS have issues. Again... Rome wasn't built in a day. BioWare is working every week to fix issues. It takes months, sometimes years, to perfect a system.

Give it time.

Why do you need so many toolbars though?

If I keybind every one of my rotation abilities, relics, stims, adrenals, med packs, the huttball, Bloodthirst, Frenzy, etc... I still have 2 empty boxes.

4 rows at the bottom + 1 on each side seems excessive :confused:

I could be wrong... but that's my thought at least.

Why do you need so many toolbars though?

If I keybind every one of my rotation abilities, relics, stims, adrenals, med packs, the huttball, Bloodthirst, Frenzy, etc... I still have 2 empty boxes.

4 rows at the bottom + 1 on each side seems excessive :confused:

I could be wrong... but that's my thought at least.

I'm not keybinding. I understand your point though. My brother uses a Naga mouse and binds everything. I don't.

EDIT: I also use the side bars completely for stims, speeder, skills that dont fit on bottom, stances, fast travel and self heal. The bar on the left is for my companion.

It should be simple to unlock the bottom toolbars but according to that video it looks like it's not going to happen. Why? I couldn't tell you.

Edited by Waypoc

I'm not keybinding. I understand your point though. My brother uses a Naga mouse and binds everything. I don't.

EDIT: I also use the side bars completely for stims, speeder, skills that dont fit on bottom, stances, fast travel and self heal. The bar on the left is for my companion.

It should be simple to unlock the bottom toolbars but according to that video it looks like it's not going to happen. Why? I couldn't tell you.

How you play is entirely up to you; whatever you are comfortable with.

Maybe give keybinding a shot one day though... try it out. The seconds you save with keybinded abilities vs. clicking buttons will make the difference in PvP.

Of course if it doesnt work for you, you can always change it back. :D

Well, they release a video with proof they're working on almost everything people are whining about, and what happens? More whining. Proof that gamers are a bunch of spoiled, entitled brats. I'm going to go read the class forums, the bilge in General is getting to me.

Really? Everyone is supposed to stop complaining about an unfinished game because BW released a trailer where they essentially say, " Trust us, we'll make it better"?

Yeah, right. They had their chance to earn my trust. Slicing 1.0 and Ilum 1.1 proved they don't deserve my blind trust. They have to earn it now.

Someone's pissed they're exploits got caught D:

Personally, I'm hoping that the legacy system will allow us to play as other races that are in the game but we cannot play as. I for one really wanna play as a Nautolan! I find it strange that Bioware made so many differend head types for them and have not included them as playable.

Oh, hush. Anyone saying he's "going on" his next birthday has no business calling someone "kid" (and frankly, I can't even imagine a real, live 30-year-old doing it).

Well i'm 31 and I wish I was "going on" 18 again...... does that count?

Back when I had no kids, bills, annoying neighbours and a nice job travelling the world.

And more importantly....

No silver streaks in my hair.