Does anyone else feel silly....

Sylriana

running around with a large blaster rifle and then spending most of your time trying to get close to the opponent so you can smack them in the face with it?

Yes. So I don't. I know, Bad Trooper at that, I prefer Pulse Cannon and Ion Pulse shots @ 10m or so instead.

running around with a large blaster rifle and then spending most of your time trying to get close to the opponent so you can smack them in the face with it?

Silly in an awesome way. There's nothing quite like fighting force users with all their mystical fighting arts and laser swords and crazy powers and clubbing them to death with your rifle.

Edited by Skoze

hitting a marauder in the face with my rifle is epic lulz. i love it. i wish the animation was more like a check though. than rearing back and all.

i hate the way ion pulse looks. woooo i shoot sparks. the should just make it a regular laser beam. maybe like HiB except yellow, and doesnt sound like a shart

Silly in an awesome way. There's nothing quite like fighting force users with all their mystical fighting arts and laser swords and crazy powers and clubbing them to death with your rifle.

Hahaha, this.

Its almost as awesome as kicking them in the groin as a smuggler.

Nah makes me feel like a boss.

I shoot people and grenade them and stuff. Then when they try to get in my face with glowsticks i just stand up and say "now u dun it sun" and uppercut them in the face and ion pulse them in the ****.

I always hated that ranged classes in many games were total wusses in melee.

I agree with the OP.

I find it overly silly that one of the most hardhitting abilities of the Vanguard is using the butt of your rifle. I know its the fantasy genre but, seriously, its kinda weird that the wrong end of a really, really dangerous and powerful advanced high tec blaster rifle does more damage than actually firing the rifle. Why not just walk around with an old wooden club with big spikes on it. At least you would use the weapon as originally intended.

If, on the other hand, the rifle had some sort of knife attached, it could make more sense.

No. I don't feel silly. I think it is cool :) Starting at long range with blaster shots and grenades then moving to a short distance and start to beat enemy with a rifle or knife. This how offensive tactic of troopers/swat teams works in real life, actually. You choose to shoot or to strike at point blank distance.

I agree with the OP.

I find it overly silly that one of the most hardhitting abilities of the Vanguard is using the butt of your rifle. I know its the fantasy genre but, seriously, its kinda weird that the wrong end of a really, really dangerous and powerful advanced high tec blaster rifle does more damage than actually firing the rifle. Why not just walk around with an old wooden club with big spikes on it. At least you would use the weapon as originally intended.

If, on the other hand, the rifle had some sort of knife attached, it could make more sense.

It's called utility and adaption. If you wanna shoot stuff at ranged, then comply with Commando. You have far more options as Vanguard, which also make sense with the melee against bosses when you're a tank. It looks silly just doing random bursts in complete face to face distance.

As for the the knife on the rifle, then there is a reason we don't use that in the military anymore. The butt of the rifle is always attached and needed.

And if you wanna keep the whole fantasy part, then keep in mind a knife ain't gonna scratch much armor in this game. There is a reason to Gut only being a minor damage with bleed effect after all.

Metal vs. metal armor = bad.

Blunt force towards metal plating = ouch!