[DEBUNKING] 1.1 Illum exploit claims

OpMoFo

If valor gains are as small as you guys keep claiming, then I guess a rollback on Valor shouldn't be a problem, right? Right?

This.

Sorry, it took me an entire day (which I dearly regret now) to get 59-60. The broken variation of Ilum has allowed several people to gain 40k+ in about an hour. Bullll****. I quit. Nothing but a rollback will get my sub for this game ever again.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skirmisher – Valor Rank 10

Duelist – Valor Rank 20

Gladiator – Valor Rank 30

Centurion – Valor Rank 40

Champion – Valor Rank 50

Battlemaster – Valor Rank 60

War Hero – Valor Rank 70

Conquorer – Valor Rank 80

Warlord – Valor Rank 90

Elite Warlord – Valor Rank 100

If the valor point gains are as good as some say they are, then why don't you see a bunch of War Heroes, Conquerors, Warlords, or Elite Warlords running around on your server?

Because...

1) Turrets don't give any valor

2) The max amount of valor per kill is 200

3) The people making these claims are trolls or they are parroting misinformation unintentionally due to their impaired emotional states blocking their ability to reason.

Side note: The funniest thing about reading all these rage posts is that I can tell by the limited understanding of the valor rank system that many, if not most of you have, that 1) you aren't PvPers or 2) you are very very low ranked PvPers and have not yet experienced the exponential increase in the amount of valor points needed to progress through the higher (Champion) valor ranks (50+)....lol at that

5 stars

OP, there is a video on youtube that shows factions farming themselves (after patch). The players are pulling in over 5k valor every ten minutes. That's 30k+ an hour. The reason that people aren't hitting rank 70 and 80 is because they require insane valor amounts. I am a BM, grinding 60 took a bit of time. Hitting 70 would take me at least the same amount of time it took to go from 1 to 60! Getting to 80 would take insane amounts of valor. People are farming insane amounts of valor from that place. If it isn't fixed by the weekend, I bet there will be rank 80s running around. To hit rank 80 without it would take months of extreme amounts of pvp. Edited by Dosvidaniya

Here is something to look at ..

""To note, the trade needs to occur every 2 minutes otherwise DR kicks in ""

About 22 on the video casters side...

22 (players) x 200 (valor) = 4400

60 mins / 2mins = 30

30 x 4400 = 132,000 valor per hour

That is I believe double what you need for RANK 59 to 60....

You will get to RANK 60 in a matter of hours ...

I dont have the chart .. if anyone has a chart / spreadsheet u can do the math better ..

Edited by Paralassa
exploit vid

simple reason for not more of those titles (BTW 200 valor per kill is massive when you roll around in a group of 20-40 insta gibbing targets) is because there is no reason to stay and farmt he valor past 60 except for the stupid title.

Most people would rather leave the lagging POS zone than stay for a title that won't mean anything because of the valor crap in ilum.

Sorry people got insane amounts of valor yesterday.

You aren't being trolled. It happened. Mostly was Empire farming Republic but I heard (few) stories of it happening the other way.

Personally, I was getting 1K valor a minute (at least) and was at the steps no more than 15-30 mins... just do the math.

I unsubbed before 1.1 anyway and just went out their yesterday just check out the madness when the servers came up. It was actually kind of fun till everyone on the Empire side

showed up.

No troll, just the truth, take it how you want to though.

This.

Sorry, it took me an entire day (which I dearly regret now) to get 59-60. The broken variation of Ilum has allowed several people to gain 40k+ in about an hour. Bullll****. I quit. Nothing but a rollback will get my sub for this game ever again.

Except some of us also did a ton of warzones.

So **** off. Enjoy your time away.

Edited by Kyrinic

Here is something to look at ..

About 22 on the video casters side...

22 (players) x 200 (valor) = 4400

60 mins / 2mins = 30

30 x 4400 = 132,000 valor per hour

That is I believe double what you need for RANK 59 to 60....

You will get to RANK 60 in a matter of hours ...

I dont have the chart .. if anyone has a chart / spreadsheet u can do the math better ..

Except you only get valor for so many kills on a specific enemy.

So no. This is not true at all.

Edited by Paralassa
exploit quote

If the valor point gains are as good as some say they are, then why don't you see a bunch of War Heroes, Conquerors, Warlords, or Elite Warlords running around on your server?

They really aren't that great. The lag makes it somewhat difficult for even ranged classes to be effective. AOE rules most of the time.

However, I did get a good amount of valor yesterday for the short time I was there. It was just boring as hell, sitting there with 5fps throwing grenades at random people. I'd rather be playing WZ's.

you guys are idiots,

Imps are beyond stupid

you have no idea what is going on do you?

your saying max valor per kill is 200... are you crazy? 5 kills in a minute or 2 is equal to what took us over 20 minutes of warzone?

listen and let me make this clear.

THERE WAS VALOR GAINS BEYOND USUAL

us who worked our *** out to get battlemaster and gear and rank wasted our time because someone can do what we done in a WHOLE DAY in an hour or two.

the fact is if any idiot comes to forum and say yeah it wasnt that bad it was ok it was fine then know for a fact this idiot is an imp

result? result is every RARE republic core PvPer quit this game.

so imps enjoy your ******* huttball against each other, enjoy camping in huge groups outside republic base in illum cause your stupidity killed PvP in this game.

P.S dont forget to report this post i have 4 warnings for swearing at idiots of the imps hopefully they ban me on 5th (not to mention i quit the game anyway)

You ground out valor farming lowbies. Don't be jealous and bitter. Valor rewards are fine. Most of the reward is a bonus for controlling the whole zone. You didn't have to control anything nor fight 50s for your valor

Except you only get valor for so many kills on a specific enemy.

So no. This is not true at all.

From the person who made the video, I can't comment further then that ....

"Regarding Valor gains, with the 1.1 update, players now receive a base reward of 20 Valor per unique enemy player defeated in a short time, and this base reward is modified by the number of objectives that the player’s faction owns. The gains are rate limited per player killed, encouraging players to attack unique players, not to pursue vendettas. The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected. "

Of course there are going to more Valor gains when the fight is 100v30 rofl.

From the evidence it seems that actually the Republic may have even done better out of this than the Imperials (spawn camping servers excepted...).

The logic of the QQing Republicans seems to be:

I was a Rep, I got x valor ergo Imps, who were more numerous and killed more, must've got 3x or 4x.

Yet the testimony seems to suggest that actually you get -more- valor, for whatever reason, if you're in the smaller group. Imperial reports of valor gains seem to be lower than Republic ones. I suppose it makes sense that: more enemies to kill -> more valor; especially if the thing about unique kills is true (which in my experience, it was).

Certainly on my server, the outnumbered Republic weren't quitting. Their tactic was to lure Imperial players to the turrets then aoe them to bag the valor before they were all killed by the base defenses.

I'm personally shocked at all the fully decked out Battlemaster Imperials running around on my server! They were handed valor on a platter, not complaining that they weren't getting very much valor or that it was a waste of time! It is sickening to think that so many people, in one day with the possibility of 4 bags, that they all got a FULLY GEARED character. I am so mad at Bioware that I'll keep playing!

Seriously, anybody who got to battlemaster because of this is in an extreme minority. Empire may get valor more rapidly than in Warzones, but it isn't so wildly out of hand that every Imperial gets to skip the grind to 60 (and don't kid yourselves, this is still a grind).

And has any Republic player tried sneaking onto a particle cannon? Someone did it earlier and wiped out 20+ Imperials before we knew what had happened and the Pubs broke out and actual pvp happened. Play smarter if you don't have the numbers.

I play republic and nothing like what people claim happened yesterday. The imps may have actually gotten inside of our base once for about 15 minutes all day, otherwise we were pushing them back, even to their spawn at one point. Edited by Trineda
remvoed quote

Republic on your server sound awesome. On Sword of Ajunta Pall earlier today, while we had like 2 ops groups camping the Republic base, about 8 Pubs camped our base and actually held pretty well. And I rarely see the Republic leaving from the side that isn't being camped (since Imps dogpile on one side). Edited by Trineda
removed quote

They have said they are looking into players that exploited this and will take actions. Specifically the guilds with alts on the other faction that simply took turns farming each other.

It won't happen overnight though, you have to give them time to query logs and data.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

They have said they are looking into players that exploited this and will take actions. Specifically the guilds with alts on the other faction that simply took turns farming each other.

It won't happen overnight though, you have to give them time to query logs and data.

FYI, killing a grey player rewards no Valor.