Stop with the knockbacks! -your tank

Guurzak

If you're a DPS and you're pulling aggro off the tank you're not doing your job right. Period.

Learn to manage your threat. This is DPS grouping 101

Tank main job :

-have enough threat to hold aggro

-survive

DPS main job :

-Kill fast

-manage threat

May I ask for shared mistake ? Remember, threat generation is everyone's job.

As a DPS, I KB when mobs are clustered around the healer (who is obviously dying) or myself. Thus, I try to save 1-2 peoples in my team, and remind you that you/we failed at keeping the aggro.

So, what you are asking to do is to stop KB, and let the healer die (then the rest of the team, including you), because you are mad of the mobs being separated ?

A pack of mob is ALWAYS the best for a DPS. If we separate them, we either have a good reason for it, or we are just REALLY dumb. And making complain against dumb people on SW:TOR forum doesn't work. Unfortunately.

I'd say I would stop knocking back packs of mobs when tanks stop knocking crap out of my AoE with smash/etc, but well, I don't knock back packs of mobs unless they're on me or the healer, or it's huttball.

But seriously, we all have knock back issues, not just you tanks.

- Your DPS

I'd say I would stop knocking back packs of mobs when tanks stop knocking crap out of my AoE with smash/etc, but well, I don't knock back packs of mobs unless they're on me or the healer, or it's huttball.

But seriously, we all have knock back issues, not just you tanks.

- Your DPS

I'm pretty sure Smash doesn't have any kind of knockback at all.

On one hand, I see the point of the OP.

On the other, the trash mobs in the game (I'm talking raids, though) aren't really groups that require too much tanking to begin with. Our tank pretty much gathers them up specifically so that the rest of us (healers included) can AoE them (knockback and all) anyway.

Tank main job :

-have enough threat to hold aggro

-survive

DPS main job :

-Kill fast

-manage threat

May I ask for shared mistake ? Remember, threat generation is everyone's job.

As a DPS, I KB when mobs are clustered around the healer (who is obviously dying) or myself. Thus, I try to save 1-2 peoples in my team, and remind you that you/we failed at keeping the aggro.

So, what you are asking to do is to stop KB, and let the healer die (then the rest of the team, including you), because you are mad of the mobs being separated ?

A pack of mob is ALWAYS the best for a DPS. If we separate them, we either have a good reason for it, or we are just REALLY dumb. And making complain against dumb people on SW:TOR forum doesn't work. Unfortunately.

Well since I'm DPS it really shouldn't be "you". But yes, there are bad tanks out there who are bad at holding aggro. but unless you're in a burn phase your first thought should be "is this ability going to pull off the tank?" granted since we don't have a threat meter yet its has to be up to the DPS being better at their job than some one on "another MMO" just staring at a threat meter, but if you know what you're doing its second nature.

Anyway I think the point OP was trying to make wasn't about using a knockback as an "Oh ****!" button but using it on mobs already aggroed on the tank which he then has to round up again.

As an assassin (who is geared to) tank (but is currently dps for fun), I have Discharge and Wither that both do a good bit of AoE threat...and that only works if the mobs are together. When you are AoEing down groups of mobs, mobs are significantly more likely to go onto other people if you spread them out where I can't hit them with my abilities.

Usually, when I engage an encounter, I'm thinking "What mix of CC and force pull can I use to group these mobs up for convenient killing?". Knockbacks screw that up, particularly considering that most enemies are not melee and cannot be easily moved around again.

That said, if you are dying, do what you need to survive. But please, understand that mob positioning (especially on enemies with blasters) is not easy in this game.

this is like when someone pulls aggro and they start running around like a headless chicken rather than staying put while the tank picks up the mob again.

its alot easier for the tank to get aggro back if she doesn't have to chase the mob, that's chasing you, because you're panicking and running around all panicky like.

not to mention that she's alot less likely to lose aggro on any other mobs in the area if she doesn't have to spend to much time chasing after a single mob.

Edited by Jaidan

I was grouped in a FP with another guy and our companions.

His companion kept grappling the mobs from me (tank) and that was freakin annoying.

I asked him to disable the ability but he refused.

If I had more time to play yesterday, I would have quit in the middle of the FP, but decided instead to play it out.

He's on /ignore

As a dps, my high damage attack on my powertech is flamethrower. To do the most damage, I need to stack up 5 heat blasts before using it. Then I stand in place and torch everything 10m in front of me, that is, until the tank decides to knock everything back and I just wasted all that heat and my flamethrower is on 15 sec cooldown... /facedesk :(

just read the thread title, and loved it. please stop running into my perfect grouping of targets and using your aoe knockback to drop my next attack from 30,000 damage down to 0 with a whiff.

signed,

your friendly, neighborhood focus guardian

i guess the old school of when you pull agro to "run the mob to the tank" isnt widely known by the wow clone genre. i could go on but whats the point.

Please don't, I'm tired of reading posts by under developed people who try to reference every thing in life to WoW.