• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that new races should be added such as:

Jawa (customizable options (difficult))

Wookie (same as above)

Nautolan

Togruta

I also think that keybindings should carry to your other chars, rather than having to keybind all over again

And as 'Evilfilecabnets' stated

'GOOD JOB BIOWARE!'

Edited by Alerax

We need 1.2 patch in february! not march or I think the game will see some definite retention.

Otherwise I think what's "coming up" looks decent, but not overly exciting at all. Best thing is legacy system.

1.2 patch! I can't even download latest patch!:(

Edited by Alerax

Don't allow Addons this will just become another WOW and people ************ about others DPS or ability to play, Gear score will just result in people been discriminated against for having low level gear even though they are adequate for the Flash point etc. You don't need the added crap like GS, Healbot, and the rest just learn how to play your character and the game!

So you want people to l2p but you don't want them to have any tools to do so? How am I supposed to know if my current "rotation" as dps is the best or what stats I should use when I don't have half the data I'd need to back any of this up. Now I've never used GS, but that's basically the same as standing around and checking peoples gear, possible with or without addon. I don't even care about those... I would however like to see things like:

- an option to display the cooldown on any skill with a number (for seconds left) instead of the current animation and to be able to drag icons and configure them anywhere on the screen to give me exactly the info I need (those of ou who played WOW -> I srsly miss Powerauras to track my debuffs/proccs/buffs from others).

- bars that can actually be modified and are not glued on to the target/player healthbar, which is ridicilous. I don't need buttons this big and I certainly don't need nor want bars on the side. In every game so far I've set up 3-4 bars at the bottom right next to eacht other (2x2), 2 for all skills I use with eybinds, others for mounts, macros, questitems etc and I would love to be able to do that again (again, those of you who played WoW -> bongos, bartender etc)

- for player/target (target of target/focustarget, target of focustarget etc) I'd also like to see some improvements, I don't like the way rage shows, just tiny blocks that represent a number from 0-12, I'd rather have the number just directly next to my character and my portait way smaller and more compact underneath with the target, also smaller etc to the right of it. I just want to have everything on the center of my screen where the action is instead of having to look left and right and up and down and count blocks while trying to figure out my health which is written in red... on a red background, great idea.

I just don't get how they could not implement such things, even Rift had it build in completely from the beginning and Trion is not a company like BW where the entire mmo population was waiting for their game release.

What made WoW a fun game to play before they srsly casualed everything down except hardcoreraiding 5 days (that is btw the reason WoW has so many subs. -> it's just freaking easy and everyone, even a mentally handycapped 8 year old could faceroll through LFR now and get free epics) was the insights you had on the game itself. With recount alone, but even more so with webparsers you could analyze everything you/your raid have done and thus improve and see progress in playing more efficiently.

You could also set the UI up almost any way you wanted to or use some macros to make your class more efficient, I especially miss mouseoverhealing, can't keep the boss or whatever in target as a healer, always clicking through raidmmebers (and the raid UI is crap) and at the end of the day you just guess what's happening and who's doing well/heping your guild because you don't have data and then you get loot.. well, at least if the goddamn thing doesn't bug again and you don't get anything but repaircosts.

SWTOR is really a fun game to play, it has a solid base with lore/current combat mechanics, companions, voiceacting etc but they srsly need to stop slacking around and live in a world where 2002 standart is awesome and bring this game on a 2012 state rather fast.. otherwise people just gonna go and it doesn't help to tell people "this is just the beginning blabla" because noone cares what it's gonna be like in 6 months or a year, they won't pay until it's done, I know I won't and just come back when they implented things... funny thing though.. without subs. you kinda lack the money to get things done.

So you want people to l2p but you don't want them to have any tools to do so? How am I supposed to know if my current "rotation" as dps is the best or what stats I should use when I don't have half the data I'd need to back any of this up. Now I've never used GS, but that's basically the same as standing around and checking peoples gear, possible with or without addon. I don't even care about those... I would however like to see things like:

- an option to display the cooldown on any skill with a number (for seconds left) instead of the current animation and to be able to drag icons and configure them anywhere on the screen to give me exactly the info I need (those of ou who played WOW -> I srsly miss Powerauras to track my debuffs/proccs/buffs from others).

- bars that can actually be modified and are not glued on to the target/player healthbar, which is ridicilous. I don't need buttons this big and I certainly don't need nor want bars on the side. In every game so far I've set up 3-4 bars at the bottom right next to eacht other (2x2), 2 for all skills I use with eybinds, others for mounts, macros, questitems etc and I would love to be able to do that again (again, those of you who played WoW -> bongos, bartender etc)

- for player/target (target of target/focustarget, target of focustarget etc) I'd also like to see some improvements, I don't like the way rage shows, just tiny blocks that represent a number from 0-12, I'd rather have the number just directly next to my character and my portait way smaller and more compact underneath with the target, also smaller etc to the right of it. I just want to have everything on the center of my screen where the action is instead of having to look left and right and up and down and count blocks while trying to figure out my health which is written in red... on a red background, great idea.

I just don't get how they could not implement such things, even Rift had it build in completely from the beginning and Trion is not a company like BW where the entire mmo population was waiting for their game release.

What made WoW a fun game to play before they srsly casualed everything down except hardcoreraiding 5 days (that is btw the reason WoW has so many subs. -> it's just freaking easy and everyone, even a mentally handycapped 8 year old could faceroll through LFR now and get free epics) was the insights you had on the game itself. With recount alone, but even more so with webparsers you could analyze everything you/your raid have done and thus improve and see progress in playing more efficiently.

You could also set the UI up almost any way you wanted to or use some macros to make your class more efficient, I especially miss mouseoverhealing, can't keep the boss or whatever in target as a healer, always clicking through raidmmebers (and the raid UI is crap) and at the end of the day you just guess what's happening and who's doing well/heping your guild because you don't have data and then you get loot.. well, at least if the gosh darn thing doesn't bug again and you don't get anything but repaircosts.

SWTOR is really a fun game to play, it has a solid base with lore/current combat mechanics, companions, voiceacting etc but they srsly need to stop slacking around and live in a world where 2002 standart is awesome and bring this game on a 2012 state rather fast.. otherwise people just gonna go and it doesn't help to tell people "this is just the beginning blabla" because noone cares what it's gonna be like in 6 months or a year, they won't pay until it's done, I know I won't and just come back when they implented things... funny thing though.. without subs. you kinda lack the money to get things done.

Generally people afraid of dps meters are worried about not being able to slack off in instances anymore.

I don't clearly see what happens to TOR life after 50 if you are not into Raiding or Flash points, or PVP or group play in general. I would like to know what the team is doing to keep people like me (and it's not just me) who just want to enjoy the game by him/herself and not be bothered with Group Play?

Thank You.

Generally people afraid of dps meters are worried about not being able to slack off in instances anymore.

Or tired of doing math,Or_____,Or_____.

Honestly I have ran enough instances as a Tank, to see that if everyone does there part,and works together, dps meters heal bots..mods in general are not needed. Im more worried about having fun,not numbers (for the most part).

Or tired of doing math,Or_____,Or_____.

Honestly I have ran enough instances as a Tank, to see that if everyone does there part,and works together, dps meters heal bots..mods in general are not needed. Im more worried about having fun,not numbers (for the most part).

i run with guildies and we're all friends, no blame games.

however, when we were all low geared, and hitting enrage timers, it would have been really nice to have SOME way of comparing, to see where we need to make improvements.

i run with guildies and we're all friends, no blame games.

however, when we were all low geared, and hitting enrage timers, it would have been really nice to have SOME way of comparing, to see where we need to make improvements.

I can hear ya on that point. guess just dont want to see they used/abused the way they were in other games. a good point is always a good point :^)

just my opinion. Its great to have an active community like we have here so that the game developers would know what the players wanted to have in game, theres no need to get mad or argue with the wants and needs of others. lets just play the game and if some doesn't think that this game is worth playing then just stop

i dont get the need for people to bash DPS meters.

- Raid wipes: Oh no, tank sucks

- Tank Dies: Oh no, Tank sucks

(Replace tank with healer)

So we can meature that metric Without really needing to worry to much.

But, suddently we have a bossfight where teh healer ends up going oom because of X... and what now?

Is the tank to weak and taking to much damage, is the healer ****** and not mana managing (i'm sorry "Force" managing -.-) Or are the DPS utter crap and taking to long.

a DPS/HPS/etc.. meter allows us to track these metrics and see numbers and pintpoint issues.

People who go overboard and QQ about things, ye they exist, but the same way you have people that full 150 DPS where the average is 600 and ***** about how long it takes.

IT's a 2 way street and the only way to make it fair is to have information available.

I dont really use Mods, but By **** this gui is **** and i want to change it.

i dont care muc for macro's but... THIS GUI IS ****. and i want it changed. if macro's make my 19 button rotation better... i'm all for it. pressing more then 6-7 buttons is not skill, it's stupid.

Funny the UI custonmization was asked for 6 months of beta, yet it wasnt on launch. samething with guild bank. Seems all thee features should of been at release like THEY SAID. I take what they say with grain of salt. IM sure we will get features we asked for over 6 months ago sometime this year....When who knows

Seems pretty simple things that free2play mmo's have are missing from a monthly fee game. :(

Seems they were to focused on they Voice acting rather then actual features that was suppose to be at launch....

Btw love the game, just wish they knew what priorities should come first, which in current patches doesnt seem they know what they need to be adding or fixing. Very frustrating for game with such potential.

Considering this game has gone live just one month ago I think it´s doing quite well. And although I know there are some problems I don´t really get all the complaining and whining. Give it some time for crying out loud.

Just keep up the good work Bioware. We´ll get there in the end. Great game. Nice to see the changes you´re planning. Like them.

Edited by moodyjazz

I didn't see two guys kissing.

Where's my SGRA's Bioware?

I knew this would come up.

SGRA should be on the list of things to do but not in front of the the things mentioned in this video.

The things mentioned in this video are a benefit ALL the subscribers, not just a niche group.

SGRA will come along when the larger issues have been addressed. The process of constructing the components involved in the "plug in" will take time anyway. The voice work and animations are not going to be done in a month.

Please don't get this subject all wound up again, it's a very polarizing issue as it is.

I was disapointed at first that certain species would be class-restricted, but then a Miraluka Sith turns up. Wish this was included earlier, much earlier.

Still, I'm one of the few who don't hate the Legacy system, but what if your chars are all different species? How is this working?

Fast disclaimer: i think this game is the best from all out there. Though i wasn't and still ain't a fan of SW.

Now going forward "to do list" - especially from pvp stand point.

1 - ui custom inc and thats great news. But (i dont know all changes Your doing) I hope things like bigger/better buffs/debuffs are on there way.

2 - please allow (or teach me if it's there) to be able to bind things like Caps lock etc.

3 - I realize this might take some time but, I really think You need to get some spells out of the game, perhaps mergin them or something. Atm some classes/spec have around +/- 40 binds. When You will finally allow macros, when people will learn this game a bit better more macros and binds (focus target etc) will come in making easily some classes have over 60 binds.

4 - Since this game (or at least the 3 classes i've manged to get to 50) got quite a bit of rng procs, please either build in some alerts of a X spell becoming and instant or allow some addons. Cause in some places liek warzone its almost impossible to keep track.

5 - A lot of stuns, pushbacks have to go! Sure it makes it easier to lvl up with some classes etc etc. But in pvp its simply chaos. Right know I can guarantee You that in X months in warzone (lets say hutball) a rly good premade will meet another good premade and there is no chance either team will ever score, simple as that. When pvp will be figured out, tact will come in no matter what You do, vs good team You will always die in fire - unless ofc u didnt die earlier. This also refers to point 4 - one of the chars i have is an assasin. I doubt it's need for one class/spec to have 4-5 stuns/incap etc.

6 - I enjoy all this hybrids build You allowed us to make, specs etc. But please either give dual/triple builds that i pay for once X amount or make respecing WAY WAY cheaper.

7 - Obivously i dont have exact numbers infront of me as far as how many people play character X. But I'm pretty sure there are 2-3 classes/specs chosen way more frequantly that the other ones. Some of it ofc has to do with some classes being "op" but my guess is this is due to some casters being semi caster/semi melee and the other way around. Make a tree pure melee/caster we have enough options as it is.

Again this in any way ain't cirticism or crying. It's young game, just trying to put out there some ideas that I feel should be looked at in the future.

This is intended as constuctive, please dont take this as an attack:

More of the same that every other MMORPG has.

We have had over a decade of exactly what is in the video in other games (we all know them), its stale and boring.

The legacy system looks like its rewarding people for bum in seat time infront of a monitor, something I REALLY dislike.

Things id like to see however;

i- A way to gear up and/or have something to do at end game for employed gamers who cannot and will not sit in front of a monitor for 3-4+ hours, in one sitting, "raiding", I work 10 hour days, with a wife and little girl, gaming time is a precious commodity.

Simply treating the guys and gals that slug it out in real life like second class citizens because we cant glue ourselves to a computer game is why world of warcraft has pandas.

ii- An option to select a voice for your charictor, I find myself not being able to tolerate some classes solely due to their voice.

I realise that this is a new game, but watching the video i get the sinking feeling, that there is again nothing for me here... please dont have pandas, try to keep us working adults interested

Edited by Zerofourdelta

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.