Coming Up in STAR WARS: The Old Republic

CourtneyWoods

Dear: Star Wars The Old Republic HQ and Fanbase.

-You Know What This Game Really Need's Its Day Cycle and Weather To Make It Feel More Real. Like The Sunset Of Tat or The Night Skyline Of Courscant.

-More Species We Would Love that. I Mean Who Wouldn't? Grrrrr Wookie!!! Rodian, Calamari, Trandoshan, Nautolan, Bothan.

-Open World Sandbox Like SWG. Because Tat Itself Was Probably The Biggest Planet Of All and Corellia.

-Make More Classes Like Engineering, Entertainer, Make Bounty Hunter Neutral So It Can Collect bounties From Both Factions Same For Smuggler and Work For Both.

-Add Mini Games/Activities Swoop Racing In Tat, Gambeling In Nar Shaddaa.

-I Love Space Flight Its Easy and Fun But I Would Also Like To Explore You Know Like Intense Spaceflight Dog Fight.

-More Customizable Clothing Items, Space Ship Look.

-Add More Planets like Kashyyyk, Mutafar Cause I remember That On Swg There Was Old Republic Ships And Stuff on Mustafar. Naboo. Dantooine. Geonosis. Yavin 4. Lego. And Dathomir.

-Als Last But not Lease Housing But Dont Make To Complicated.

You Guys Probably Think Omy God When Is this Person Going To Stop. :)

P.S I was a lil Bit Upset Wit Courscant. Its Probalby The Biggest Planet In Star Wars And I Was Really looking Foward To Explore But You Guys Only Showed 4% Of The Planet I Feel. I Really Want This Game To Take Over W.O.W and Every MMO.

Please Add More Of What You'll Like To Be Added Cause We Together Can Make The Game Better/Funner/Longer/and A Memory

I agree with some of these.

But others completely miss the point.

They consciously chose not to have a day/night cycle, so that each planet would just always been in its iconic image. Tatooine is about the hot sun overhead. If you want to see the twin sun sunset, you more or less still can, its right there. Its just *slightly* before sunset, but daytime sun is more appropriate than sunset anyways. You complain now, but if it was a sunset you'd go "ooh" for 5 seconds and then move on, and then it'd be night time for 20 minutes and you'd have a harder time seeing where you were going. Sorry, but the developers considered weather and day/night and they disagree with you.

Back to the game. They have aliens for companions. They could make alien races playable, but then all your dialogue would be gibberish which would get old, FAST. And they'd have a lot MORE work to do for armor ... people are obviously asking for it and no doubt they'll add more races in time, but its very low priority. Just play a twi'lek or something.

More classes isn't going to happen. That would require hiring new voice actors and re-recording ALL of the game's dialogue, plus writing a whole new class quest story line and voicing that as well. (Including supporting characters). The amount of work involved is massive and you simply are not considering it if you suggest that. Even the things they're adding in patches have to be planned years in advance to schedule all the voice acting and the writing and the game work, etc.

More planets will obviously come with more content at higher levels. They can only do so many planets, and they picked some good ones. Would you like to have planets like Kashyyk if it is small and empty? No. You want a big, explorable, detailed planet with custom quests everywhere like the rest of the planets. THAT TAKES LOTS OF TIME AND WORK. You can't just pop out dozens of fully scripted planets.

Make Bounty Hunter neutral so it can work for both... You're highly missing the point. There's no such thing. You realize BH doesn't "collect bounties" in some free system that no other class has access to, right? BH just does the BH class story quests. They cool, and they're fun, but they're what they are. I don't know what you're asking for here or what you expect. You're like a child who says he wants to be on the moon without even understanding how impractical that is or how you wouldn't be able to survive on the moon without oxygen. BH is imperial, accept it. There are bounty hunters on the republic side but we don't get to play their story. You say the same thing about smuggler and make the same mistake. You aren't thinking about what classes REALLY MEAN to the game. You're just imagining what characters you might possibly want to have in a theoretical star wars game; stop.

They could make infinity classes for starwars because each class is a STORY. Thats what makes this game different from other MMOs. Each new class would be a new story, but would require tons of work to make that new story.

Free-form spaceflight with dogfighting would be so much would it would effectively be an entirely new game. Star Wars Galaxies launched with NO space travel at all, be happy we have something. It works well to make you feel like starwars.

Space battles might come in an expansion, but I wouldn't hold your breath. There's very little crossover market; most MMORPG players don't care for fast paced dogfighting, and most flight sim fans aren't huge fans of MMOs. On top of that, the lightning-fast paced dogfighting does not work well on an MMO scale, there's too much latency between players. So they'd have to restrict it to only being you and NPCs, and maybe your party. So 4 players max. It would take a ton of work, and would it really be worth it?

Also, you can't have your cake and eat it too. They only have so much money, so many resources, so many programmers and so much time.

Do you want new planets? Do you want space? Do you want customizable ships?

You want EVERYTHING. Okay, yeah, it would sure be nice to get EVERYTHING, but that isn't going to happen. That isn't realistic.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude comments

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Customizable UI:

Feature list I need, in priority order:

1) TargetOfTarget!

2) Mousover casting on the Ops Player list for better ability casting. (heals, leaps, shields, buffs, etc)

3) More bars, more bars, more bars

4) resizable and movable components

5) More filters in the chat window. (combat logging, loot drops, exp or credit gains, channels)

6) UI color changes, possibly based on Dark/Lightside points

Other UI 'fixes'

1) Camera settings like distance that don't reset everytime you zone.

2) invites and other click abilities always available in the Guild UI

3) Shift-left linking items needs to always work.

4) Shift-left linking of crew skills to trade chat or whispers

When are we going to get so decent space content. SWG had an expansion that gave a real nice space environment for when you got tired of grinding on the ground. That would be real nice. The current space content is something I would find on Facebook. If SWG was still up and running, I would go play it just so I could fly around.

Well yay for the obvious things that should have been in game from the start. What kind of oversight did that take to leave out simple things like UI customization and guild banks?

Next, they need to make it so you can add people as friends when they are offline (another oversight?)

Ohh and perhaps more choices for color crystals? Old Republic II had more options.

I agree with some of these.

But others completely miss the point.

They consciously chose not to have a day/night cycle, so that each planet would just always been in its iconic image. Tatooine is about the hot sun overhead. If you want to see the twin sun sunset, you more or less still can, its right there. Its just *slightly* before sunset, but daytime sun is more appropriate than sunset anyways. You complain now, but if it was a sunset you'd go "ooh" for 5 seconds and then move on, and then it'd be night time for 20 minutes and you'd have a harder time seeing where you were going. Sorry, but the developers considered weather and day/night and they disagree with you.

Also, please work on your grammar. "You Know What This Game Really Need's Its Day Cycle and Weather To Make It Feel More Real" is atrocious.
:p
You capitalized each word, why? Why is Need's possessive? And it doesn't even flow well, you need punctuation to make pauses, you just strung a sentence on and on. Are you a child? Or is English not your first language? QUOTE]

So I do agree that most of this is not going to happen; however, when you are critiquing someone's "wishlist," moving to insulting the person is to quote "childish." A person's grammar can vary (ohh what is this a blog?). Second, be more specific about grammar. There are many different forms of grammar depending on a person's geographic location. And, surprisingly, the grammar books we get are called "Style Guides" and not "Rule Books." These guidelines are meant to be broken. Added capitalization creates emphasis where there would have otherwise been none.

Now with the day/night thing, I completely disagree . . . keeping the iconic image is not realistic. It is a nice concept but not one that should be practiced. There have also been many successful games that have made playing at night just as easy as playing in the day.

Adding new classes is not needed. I understand why they did not want to make some of the SWG classes.

Making BHs, Mandos, and Smuggies both factions would be a good idea. I mean look at Star Wars: Bounty Hunters are freelance. Oh sure they were tricked into working for the Sith once, but that does not mean that they are loyal to them; Mandos (AKA troopers) are used by both factions; and Smuggies being placed as the "good guy" is an oxymoron--many Smuggies in the Star Wars lore were not aligned with the Republic.

Open up the planets . . . I would go for a Yes; I do know, however, that this would probably be more difficult than opening up classes, but it should be done eventually.

Not having enough money? Do you have any idea how much money successful MMOs make? If not, you should do research.

Hugs (oh and I did misspell some words on purpose)

Edited by Gaarobytarr

My biggest wish for the future is more soloable PVE endgame content, especially quest threads continuing the excellent Bioware storytelling tradition. Running the same small handful of Ilum dailes over and over gets old, and I would like to continue having awesome adventures with my level 50s that don't always involve grouping.

Armor coloring kits would also be nice. I would really like to have more control over my character's appearance.

That's about it really. I'm really loving this game overall. :)

Sad attempts to calm the public - I love it lol.

The community doesn't need calming, just needs to learn some patience... The game is less than 2 months out of launch and it has already accomplished more than most mmorpgs that have been out for more than 2 years.

Edited by Seeiphiel

As much as I love Bioware and SWTOR im going to be critical of them, these features should of been in the game on launch, you can't hope to beat wow if you have so little max level content or functionality e.g. The lack of customisability of the UI and that the legacy system is basically non-existent.

Well yay for the obvious things that should have been in game from the start. What kind of oversight did that take to leave out simple things like UI customization and guild banks?

Next, they need to make it so you can add people as friends when they are offline (another oversight?)

Ohh and perhaps more choices for color crystals? Old Republic II had more options.

UI Customisation would be great - though they're working on improving it (which may or may not mean it'll be custom but atleast it'll better.

As for the adding friends - you can add them when they're offline you just need to know their character name :)

Will the Family Tree affect your characters that already exist? Or will it be only to characters made after the patch?

Will the new abilities be available to characters you made before the patch?

I know the new character customizations will only affect characters made after the patch.

IF the UI Customization really is just the ability to scale and move around a few things and nothing else, then please don't bother with it at all. That's just absolutely useless, work on allowing addons for the UI and let people who know what the hell they're doing do it for you, you obviously don't .

Still absolutely unclear on the whole Legacy thing, can we play alts now or do we have to wait? Will we be screwed/at a disadvantage at char. customization or building this tree? If all the things Legacy gives us a easier time leveling or whatever nobody would give a damn and play the stories they are interested in (I for one would like to see what the BH/IA have in store after playing the two Sith classes to 50) but I'd srsly hate to lose certain options or features on any of my (future) chars if I do it before Legacy goes life. Why can't they just freaking tell us what this whole thing will be about and then polish it so people actually have an idea of what's coming and don't have to guess the whole time and wonder if all the alt-leveling right now will be nothing but a huge waste of time once this goes live.

And I have yet to see the "epicness" of this Rakghoulevent that currently is 1 FP that's not really designed anywhere near awesome and exciting... instead of releasing things nobody asked for in the first place, how about you just put things in the game that should've been there at launch already, like Legacy system for example, guildbanks etc.

Is this a joke???? Lot of people can't even start the game!

Even the video doesn't work ... nice job!

im telling you people, your PC's are messed up!

And as far as the new features go, Mail for the Guild would be AWESOME PLZ PLZ PLZ it is not right to have to mail each member individually in a 50+ guild >.<

IF the UI Customization really is just the ability to scale and move around a few things and nothing else, then please don't bother with it at all. That's just absolutely useless, work on allowing addons for the UI and let people who know what the hell they're doing do it for you, you obviously don't .

Yea i kinda agree, im constantly finding i dont have enough slots to easily arrange my skills in a decent order, why cant i extend that bottom skill bar to support 3 or 4 rows?, the side bars are ok but people like me with 26" screens actually have to wait a few secs before they can move there mouse to get close to those skills, basically wasting precious time.

Don't allow Addons this will just become another WOW and people ************ about others DPS or ability to play, Gear score will just result in people been discriminated against for having low level gear even though they are adequate for the Flash point etc. You don't need the added crap like GS, Healbot, and the rest just learn how to play your character and the game!

Still absolutely unclear on the whole Legacy thing, can we play alts now or do we have to wait? Will we be screwed/at a disadvantage at char. customization or building this tree? If all the things Legacy gives us a easier time leveling or whatever nobody would give a damn and play the stories they are interested in (I for one would like to see what the BH/IA have in store after playing the two Sith classes to 50) but I'd srsly hate to lose certain options or features on any of my (future) chars if I do it before Legacy goes life. Why can't they just freaking tell us what this whole thing will be about and then polish it so people actually have an idea of what's coming and don't have to guess the whole time and wonder if all the alt-leveling right now will be nothing but a huge waste of time once this goes live.

And I have yet to see the "epicness" of this Rakghoulevent that currently is 1 FP that's not really designed anywhere near awesome and exciting... instead of releasing things nobody asked for in the first place, how about you just put things in the game that should've been there at launch already, like Legacy system for example, guildbanks etc.

Agreed The bottom bar needs extending and also the proc's we need to be able to enlarge as on a 27" screen running 2560x1440 the icons are tiny!

Yea i kinda agree, im constantly finding i dont have enough slots to easily arrange my skills in a decent order, why cant i extend that bottom skill bar to support 3 or 4 rows?, the side bars are ok but people like me with 26" screens actually have to wait a few secs before they can move there mouse to get close to those skills, basically wasting precious time.

Agreed The bottom bar needs extending and also the proc's we need to be able to enlarge as on a 27" screen running 2560x1440 the icons are tiny!

+1 for more noticeable procs and +2 for 3-4 bottom bars!

We need 1.2 patch in february! not march or I think the game will see some definite retention.

Otherwise I think what's "coming up" looks decent, but not overly exciting at all. Best thing is legacy system.

Edited by UruGhul

I wish i could watch this, but it's not playable on my iPhone. Could you make it compatible? I don't like having to wait till i get home. :(

See what you have to look forward to in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! This new video highlights just some of the new content and game systems coming out over the coming months, including a look at the expanded Legacy system, UI customization, and information on new Warzones and Flashpoints!

Watch Now

We need 1.2 patch in february! not march or I think the game will see some definite retention.

Otherwise I think what's "coming up" looks decent, but not overly exciting at all. Best thing is legacy system.

What was shown isn't necessarily a part of the 1.2 patch is it? In that case that would make a huge patch considering how they'll be adding more content as in FP/Ops too.