Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Enigma

So your argument is that only some people are entitled to the benefit of dual speccing? Why let an arbitrary thing like ac choice stop us. Why not let people dual spec in any ac they like? What's the difference? How does it affect you in any way?

sure lets have AC respec who cares but why are you in here denying Dual spec when it does nothing to hurt you?

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only that was said. It wasn't thou, sorry.

It was in response to:

"if you dont know a solution how do you know dual spec is a bad one?"

You know, the silly idea that unless you know how to fix something you can't know that it's broken.

How about every boss fight in the game are focus on the 1:1:2 ratio. All the same kind of fights. Adds or boss who gives debuff. Like you say there no issue here that's why the ratio between the flashpoint and operative is diferent. Want to pvp, do a flashpoint and an operative? Respec 3 times in a day and pay 300k credits. Try to pvp or dps in a pure tank spec. (good luck)

So in other word you tell me how I need to play.

So your argument is that only some people are entitled to the benefit of dual speccing? Why let an arbitrary thing like ac choice stop us. Why not let people dual spec in any ac they like? What's the difference? How does it affect you in any way?

Maybe you should re-read some of my other posts instead of taking one post out of constext and waving it in my face?

I have agreed that the pure DPS ACs would be at a disadvantage as far as choice goes - that is where the job of the games desgners would show they are worth their pay.

I have also never mentioned for or against wether or not people should be able to change ACs. That isn't under discussion here.

Haha. Subsriber peak =/= The peak of the game. The game did NOT peak with Wrath. It went into decline. It peaked during TBC.

yes it did WoW was almost at 13 million by the end of Wotlk it started it FIRST decline in Cata and lost almost 2 million people within a year.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/05/09/world-of-warcraft-dips-to-a-mere-11-4-million-subscribers/

Edited by genmyke

----> Thread title

Your point? I was accused of not being for AC respecs in a thread that (as you point to) says NOT ACs.

The fact is, I haven't made an opinion known either way and don't intend to in this thread.

Except you can do many of them without min/max'ing that way. You can fight, and beat, bosses using 1 tank and three healers. It can be done.

NO that's the problem you don't understand because of one thing ENRAGE TIMER.

Edit: That mean you never did a hm flashpoint neither an operative. I'm pretty sure you aren't 50 yet.

Edited by Guzul

NO that's the problem you don't understand because of one thing ENRAGE TIMER.

Edit: That mean you never did a hm flashpoint neither an operative.

of course they havent it is clear they dont know that HM ops has a very short enrage timer

İTS NOT A MUST!!!

its a pokemondigimon Gametype content which people started cheer out once they added.

i hate it . and i hope they ll never add that content to the game

Too bad BW make boss fight like that.

Any time you use the Trinity in a MMO tank,heals,and dps allowing players to multi spec is a must. The thing is that only allowing one spec is a failed attempt at a time sync as they are trying to persuade you to roll alts. But i refuse to roll an alt now combine not having a LFD tool with only being able to choose 1 spec...you have a train wreck.

It's funny how some people want every commodity WoW has to be implemented in this game also.

And WoW itself started loosing subs a lot after introducing all these various commodities which make everything a piece of cake joy ride.

It's funny how some people want every commodity WoW has to be implemented in this game also.

And WoW itself started loosing subs a lot after introducing all these various commodities which make everything a piece of cake joy ride.

Thank you. Quoted for Truth.

false

WoW lost subs in Cata

Dual spec and LFD and add ons came into WoW before Cataclysm was even thought of nice try though.

What a bad argument, first they didn't lose any ppl from the dual spec. They begin to lose ppl at Cata. So bad example is bad.

Like someone said, in the holy trinity you need that tool no matter how many games have it or not. The boss fight are meant for that tool. Even the flashpoint and the operative doesn't have the same ratio.

Edited by Guzul

Yeah, it's funny how not every MMO player enjoys, or even plays WoW. There are other MMOs out there you know and those MMOs thought it was a good idea aswell.

yes it did WoW was almost at 13 million by the end of Wotlk it started it FIRST decline in Cata and lost almost 2 million people within a year.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/05/09/world-of-warcraft-dips-to-a-mere-11-4-million-subscribers/

You really have awful reading comprehension, don't you? That was the subscriber peak. I mentioned that. The game ITSELF peaked at TBC. Please read more carefully.

we need dual specing because no one can honestly expect any MMO gamers to make a choice and deal with the consequences like an adult...

I work 40+ hours a week. I'm doing an Open Uni course and I play SWTOR. Just 1 thing in my life right now that I really don't want to have to feel responsible for.. can't I have just 1 thing? Please?! This is a game after all...

we need dual specing because no one can honestly expect any MMO gamers to make a choice and deal with the consequences like an adult...

2012 this way>>

1999 << that way

if that is the case how about they add in a feature you die you have to restart from level 1 for you hardcore people that want to stay stuck back then or hey use a beeper instead of a cell phone for the rest of your life.

Agreed, perfect example for that are some people who are screaming for AC change because they cannot comprehend the fact that choosing one is a choice that matters in this game.

2012 this way>>

1999 << that way

if that is the case how about they add in a feature you die you have to restart from level 1 for you hardcore people that want to stay stuck back then or hey use a beeper instead of a cell phone for the rest of your life.

Hahaha. WOW. You went there. You really went there.

There's no sense in trying to argue with you.

This is really goodbye.

Good LORD.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.