EA falls on broker concerns about 'Star Wars'

cutXthroat

No he is right, you only post to try to upset people or start a flame war, that is called 'trolling'. You do it because you have your own reasons, we don't want to know them because sure enough they will be very sad, but that's your friggin problem.

There's a difference between trolling and posting a legitimate opinion. It's nice to see people scream "troll" when someone present a different opinion.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he is right, you only post to try to upset people or start a flame war, that is called 'trolling'. You do it because you have your own reasons, we don't want to know them because sure enough they will be very sad, but that's your friggin problem.

You've been here since 2009?

Yeah, sing it brother! This game is terrible and you're walking out the door...

Ten years later...

Oh, still here? Hi, friend!

Had no plan to cancel and in fact did so as well as most of the top guilds on prophecy of the 5th on republic side... The valor problem ruined an already teribad pvp game. So everyone had an easy excuse to go out..

WAR : Wrath of heroes 'till GW2 and d3 i guess

I had to edit in a virtual credit card because i couldn't cancel. This was the only way i could get it to not charge me. *** is up with that?

Seen this already. Never trust the opinion of a Stockbroker.

The company I work for posted a 3% increase in sales over christmas, which caused share prices to fall because the shareholders wanted 6%.

Despite this, the company is still set to post a profit of £4 billion this year, our highest yet. This should send share prices rocketing again. So I suggest waiting for EA's yearly profit announcement before assuming gloom and doom.

will fanbois ever beleive anything to show their sacred cows may have problem? These are real world business facts and figures and you still say there's nothing wrong? amazing how blindly people can lead themselves into talking themselves out of anything. These are real world numbers, these are analysts who are hired to watch the value of companies. Your company doesnt make games does it for your main product? I doubt it and how you can even compare it to another completely differnet company is amazing. Unlike kotor which is a sell the product done with it, this is a sell the product and have tons of monthly overhead to support it product. What they are looking at are the initial sales verses quality of service verses people leaving the game verses monthly costs that stay the same no matter how many people play it. In business the greasy wheel gets the grease, not the squeaky wheels. If swtor doenst have potential money gets cut immediatly. The content you are seeing has been produced some time ago even before release just to give the illusion they can put content in anytime the want too. Thats an out right lie. They have x amount of content already made, after that well is dry then content will be few and far in between.

What, that I live in the real world? Thanks for noticing.

No, that you are here just to troll (and likely have some personal issue that push you to spend time on a forum of a game you hate just to post crap like this, but that's your problem not mine)

You've been here since 2009?

Yeah, sing it brother! This game is terrible and you're walking out the door...

Ten years later...

Oh, still here? Hi, friend!

There must have been some sort of communication problem, I don't hate the game, I actually think it's a lot of fun and it will be succesful. I thought I was replying to a hater, the content of that message is a bit....confuseed

By the logic that EA/BW/SWTOR is in trouble based off that. Must mean that Blizzard is going to completely dissolve since their stock was downgraded. If memory serves me right, getting your stock downgraded is worse then it losing some points, meaning that its not as great as it once was.

Plus who wants to listen to speculators/analysts. Weren't they all pretty much involved in the economy taking a turn to the south?

There must have been some sort of communication problem, I don't hate the game, I actually think it's a lot of fun and it will be succesful. I thought I was replying to a hater, the content of that message is a bit....confuseed

No, sir. I'm here laughing at the people who are alt-tabbed out of the game, telling us how terrible the game is and how it's dying.

I'm a fanboy, I guess. Since liking the product you pay for is considered fanboyism...

Gotta wonder what voluntarily paying for a product you despise makes you?

I did not say it was strong buy. I said it was solid and consistent in the context of analyst rakings. It's "mean" is right in the middle range of buy/sell and has been for some time.

Daily twitches on stock price mean zip, except as a banner for a forum ranter and game hater.

He asked for "thoughts," you're the one turning his post into something it isn't. Get over yourself.

It's investors who have put the money up for ToR and they are not seeing the return they want, just means subs are going down.

You can see that the sub numbers are on the decline since the servers are no longer full / heavy during peak times.

Edited by Britzer

No, sir. I'm here laughing at the people who are alt-tabbed out of the game, telling us how terrible the game is and how it's dying.

I'm a fanboy, I guess. Since liking the product you pay for is considered fanboyism...

Gotta wonder what voluntarily paying for a product you despise makes you?

Apparently, jusdging from their forum, a wow customer? lol

It's investors who have put the money up for ToR and they are not seeing the return they want, just means subs are going down.

You can see that the sub numbers are on the decline since the servers are no longer full / heavy during peak times.

Since you seem to not know how to use a Dev tracker to find out that they RAISED THE SERVER CAPS, you'll have to excuse me if I discount the rest of your post as being speculation.

Apparently, jusdging from their forum, a wow customer? lol

I think the WoW forums are just as bad, but I love a conspiracy theory! Maybe it's Blizzard staff, trying to sabotage us!

You clearly have no idea what the analyst said, but that doesn't stop you writing nonsense

Since you seem to not know how to use a Dev tracker to find out that they RAISED THE SERVER CAPS, you'll have to excuse me if I discount the rest of your post as being speculation.

I think the WoW forums are just as bad, but I love a conspiracy theory! Maybe it's Blizzard staff, trying to sabotage us!

No idea why blizzard need to sabotage this game. Analysts already stated that this game wont hurt Blizzard competition wise and seeing how subs and EA stock value is going down since release they dont need to pay for sabotage.

Had no plan to cancel and in fact did so as well as most of the top guilds on prophecy of the 5th on republic side... The valor problem ruined an already teribad pvp game. So everyone had an easy excuse to go out..

WAR : Wrath of heroes 'till GW2 and d3 i guess

I had to edit in a virtual credit card because i couldn't cancel. This was the only way i could get it to not charge me. *** is up with that?

Yea, indeed. But we should also consider how incredibly quickly the problem was fixed by BioWare.

I get the impression lots and lots of people are impatient with the game. The expectations and demands for certain arguably 'key' features were just too high for launch. Sure, this is certainly debatable but the devs are committed. If we keep on getting new content, improvements, new game features and fixes at current rate, this game will change to the better at a rapid pace and keep people hooked.

I also often see comparisons to the game that shall not be named and I am really wondering how bad people's memory is. Because thinking back to the start of said other game, my memories seem to be different.

I suspect two things. For one, many people tried this game out, just like they did with 'holy' rift when it was announced. Those not really that interested left now and that's about it. That doesn't mean TOR will fail or decline. In fact I believe it will keep on growing and attracting new players in the future. Pretty similar to how the other game was growing. Subs were not going good right before the first expansion there, either.

The other thing I suspect is that many people who left now because of lacking features or because of an exploit that was fixed 24 hours after discovered will come back in the long run. They didn't like something, they lacked something and went back to another game. Doesn't mean it's permanent.

Oh and another important point many don't consider is that the start of WoW and TOR are not very comparable for one very important reason. MMOs were not mainstream before WoW and when WoW came out it was probably by far the best of its kind (yea, I know some Everquest and UO folks might disagree ;) ).

So what happened there is simply a lot of people subscribing who have never played an MMO before. That's why subs kept on increasing all the time. To an extent WoW was pioneering the mainstream MMO, because it created a whole new market.

Now, despite those that love it and those that hate it. WoW has problems currently. That doesn't mean it is dying but quite a few people left being unhappy with the current development the game undergoes or simply bored after so many years. Others are still hooked and are more or less deparately waiting for an alternative.

Because of this, many many WoW players tried out TOR and of course not everyone was going to like it so those people are leaving. It is completely natural and was IMHO predictable that subs in the first month will be lower than initial sales, exactly because of the above. However, as the game grows and improves, more and more people will be attracted to it. Those coming over and/or back from other games and those that didn't play MMOs before but like Star Wars, pretty much how WoW attracted newcomers to the genre.

So in my opinion people shouldn't panic and see the big picture and obvious reasons. WoW did not grow all its subs in the first year. Far, far from it. Give it time. ;)

TL;DR: MMOs are very dynamic. People come and go. New people come ang go. That's the way it goes. Nothing to worry about. We're at the beginning, not at the end.

Edited by syntxerr

No idea why blizzard need to sabotage this game. Analysts already stated that this game wont hurt Blizzard competition wise and seeing how subs and EA stock value is going down since release they dont need to pay for sabotage.

Blizzard lost over a million subscribers in the last year.

Investors obviously scrambled to invest into that flourishing game.

Have you considered being the voice of MSNBC's stock talk shows? Your insight is magnificent, educated and would inevitably lead to people making lots and lots of money.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.