Quick read on EA (SWTOR / Bioware concerned.)

Bodypull

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

EA's stock is down from 2007? Oh my God. Say it ain't so.

And please list the "hundreds and thousands" (whatever that means) of people who back you up, because I don't believe it for a second.

Yes, they are the only one hit with the latest Recession.

No other company has fallen due to it.

Go ask Kodak and Hostess as an example.

I still have to chuckle at the claim that the launch has been terrible. I guess you aren't an MMO vet. Compared to all that I have had experience with, this has been great, 1.1 patch not withstanding.

As for the future, who knows? The beloved SWG launched to about 450K then started heading downhill. The changes that killed it were a reaction to a game that was ALREADY FAILING.

As a reverse, take Eve. It launched to about 30-40K, if I recall. Over the first year or so, it declined to about 20K, and I thought it was in danger of dying. But the devs stuck to their vision and it is now at about 450-500K. Mind you, I finally decided that I personally didn't like Eve, but at least they made it into the game they wanted, and it paid off for them.

Worldwide sales by one group of analysts for SWTOR put it at around 2mil. If it loses 50%, it will be left with 1mil which is still quite respectable, and would provide an ample base for them to continue to continue improvements. But still, I would encourage them to make it the game THEY want, not chase the mythical forum majority. Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't.

CAPIQ puts us under 250k

EVE grew after wow ebbed a bit. (no other options in MMOSfor awhile, great game and great SCI-FI option.

I am an MMO vet, this is 2011/2012 not 2000 or late 90's. Not an apples to apples thing.

they needed and should have learned from the 100s of other failed MMOs and got many of the stuff lacking and wrong currently right in game.

If this was 2 years ago even I could cut some slack, as it stand now .. no excuse.

I still have to chuckle at the claim that the launch has been terrible. I guess you aren't an MMO vet. Compared to all that I have had experience with, this has been great, 1.1 patch not withstanding.

As for the future, who knows? The beloved SWG launched to about 450K then started heading downhill. The changes that killed it were a reaction to a game that was ALREADY FAILING.

As a reverse, take Eve. It launched to about 30-40K, if I recall. Over the first year or so, it declined to about 20K, and I thought it was in danger of dying. But the devs stuck to their vision and it is now at about 450-500K. Mind you, I finally decided that I personally didn't like Eve, but at least they made it into the game they wanted, and it paid off for them.

Worldwide sales by one group of analysts for SWTOR put it at around 2mil. If it loses 50%, it will be left with 1mil which is still quite respectable, and would provide an ample base for them to continue to continue improvements. But still, I would encourage them to make it the game THEY want, not chase the mythical forum majority. Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't.

you know they will need 500 k subs for 6 months to be able to get there money back they spended on this game right ...

i dont see that happening quite yet, servers are already draining ....

E.A. is involved so i doubt they pump more money into it if they cant even earn there money back somehow within a year or so ...

so if they want that comeback and wnat people to return they should progress faster and add at least the 3 main things that this game realy needs to at least have the standard things mmo should have

1:Ability Delay Fix

2:customisable UI

3:a Better LFG tool (LFD if possible even) but better reach in chats to other planets (universe chat) or just a better LFG tool realy should do the trick

Edited by Genesizs

Sorry can you actually show some proof of this? From what I've seen the vast majority of people, press and analysts beleived this to one of the better mmo launches.

Just google EA/SWTOR stock drops

EA worst MMO launch with SWTOR ect

you will see many more critical analysis than favorable.

the favorable ones, google there marketing execs / schools / bios and CMOs and marketing directors at the favorable blogs / mags

you will notice something on affiliated member organizations.

from a gain of 2.75.....

That's roughly 40,000 shares......

I'm thinking probably not.

Not saying you are wrong on the other stuff....just that I dont believe you were hold 40k shares of ea stock or even close to that.

I played FFXI, SWTOR is already better.

I agree,

but FF11 is a game from before vanilla wow.

Wasn't the point. Trying to knit pick to prove some off the wall point is a weak argument. the game is failing. Rome is burning and Romney didn't win the Iowa Caucus.

from a gain of 2.75.....

Not saying you are wrong on the other stuff....just that I dont believe you were hold 40k shares of ea stock or even close to that.

Not hard to do with puts.

Diablo 3 is going to be underwhelming. Not terrible, just underwhelming.

can't argue with the rest of your points, but if you've beta tested D3 and semi-kept up on the beta forums, you'd likely come to the same conclusion.

I'm sure D3 will have a following. I'll still buy it, eventually.

I have D3 beta access and have for about 4 or so months now, and you are 100% correct. This game is BARELY a polished version of d2. I was extremely underwhelmed by the game, especially considering Diablo 2 played such a major role in my affinity for RPG's.

from a gain of 2.75.....

I held more (me and my investment group.)

I can't believe somebody would actually take the time to post this Dear gods I can't believe I actually took the time to respond.

Either way. That 40% drop is pure B.S. he just pulled it out of his you know what.

I provide you proof in my reference links.

Sorry you cant do simple math pal :-)

LOL

Did you eve read.

It fell because they failed, laid off 1500 people.

Another fail trying to purchase playfish (got upset by Zygna.)

Another fail the next 2 MMOs launched.

Now this.

Also, its worth noting its fallen over 36 dollars a share since 07.

If you launched an MMO in 07, and a stock does that ... what happens tot he MMO...

just look at EA's MMOs for your answer.

Now guess what happens to SWTOR.

Too funny. I smell an Activision employee.

Just google EA/SWTOR stock drops

EA worst MMO launch with SWTOR ect

you will see many more critical analysis than favorable.

the favorable ones, google there marketing execs / schools / bios and CMOs and marketing directors at the favorable blogs / mags

you will notice something on affiliated member organizations.

Sorry it your job as the person making the argument that swtor is failing to present the evidence that back up your claim. Telling people to do their own research just says to me that you haven't done your research past the looking at the share prices,

People are so full of themselves.

Yes, EA's stock is going down. Because there was a recession. Brilliant.

And your numbers are so made up its silly, it is completely normal for an MMO to have a drop in subs after launch.

SWTOR will be fine, but not sure about folks like the OP, they are a bit obsessed with games.

Edited by Drallbait

On a better note, I short sold all my EA stock and made about 122,000 USD :-) (Purchased at 14.80) (sold at 17.55)

Nice. Intelligent people deserve good returns. I would laugh at all of the fanboys on these forums that would've invested in EA and not sold out ever, but instead would've watched the stock plummet to penny stock levels.

I have D3 beta access and have for about 4 or so months now, and you are 100% correct. This game is BARELY a polished version of d2. I was extremely underwhelmed by the game, especially considering Diablo 2 played such a major role in my affinity for RPG's.

Yeah, D3 is just a Starcraft II mod with uninteresting heroes. Should be fairly underwhelming.

A snapshot of page 1 forums (minus stickies.)

This is not the tale-tale signs of a healthy and successful MMO.

"Founder" feature Reaks of Weakness, Greed, and is just plain Lame ( 1 2)

Normally i just let them talk....

Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly. ( 1 2

Why do so many play Empire? ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Quick read on EA (SWTOR / Bioware concerned.) ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Think ability delay doesn't matter? Think again. ( 1 2 3)

James Bond PTFOing!

Things this patch did well ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Does EA and Bioware Support SOPA? ( 1 2)

POLL : Lifetime Subscription ?

Become a Founding Member! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

People leaving for WOW? O.o ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Please add a freeze subscribtion feature

Why did Bioware disable forum posting? ( 1 2)

Appearance Customization -- Still Badly Needed ( 1 2)

Unpublished Patch Notes 1.1 - What they wont tell you. ( 1 2 3)

Flickering/random loading screen still ingame

Not enough people ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Tbh! EVERYONE that un-subs should post on the forums! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

No new content! Fix current bugs first! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)