Character Limit per Server

SithZannah

Right now, the maximum amount of characters you can have is 8 / server.

I've been playing since the start and so far i'm loving the game. Ofcourse, we all dislike some updates (Ilum player farming 1.1, bad idea for pvp in my opinion)/features but we should just go with it.

Got me one character to level 50. Geared etc.

Then started to try some of the other classes. My entire list is already filled with possible classes (lvl 20+) that i want to play.

But now theres still more classes i'd want to play. Preferably on the same server / guilds that i'm in right now with the people i already know.

A possible solution would be to make a new Account, get another subscription card and start making new characters. But this would be very costy ofcourse.

'Making characters on another realm' is not what i'm looking for.

So my questions are, is there going to be an extended max limit for characters / realm in the future. Would this be an option/idea? What does the rest of you think of it?

And ofcourse, What is YOUR favorite class(es) right now?

• 3 weeks later...
There are only 8 ACs per faction. IMO guild on one server Rep and one server Imp. Playing both sides on the same server feels dirty to me. Although it would be nice if they add dual spec because you can use the same toon to play a couple roles you want to try.

• 2 months later...

Hi there.

In my opinion the 8 char limit is a good one. It means you can experience every advanced class on your chosen side. As classes are mirrors, why would you need to role another 8 on the opposing side?

If you really want to just roll your opposing side alts on a new server and meet new people and experience it all as new??

:)

Hi there.

In my opinion the 8 char limit is a good one. It means you can experience every advanced class on your chosen side. As classes are mirrors, why would you need to role another 8 on the opposing side?

If you really want to just roll your opposing side alts on a new server and meet new people and experience it all as new??

You can't max out legacy without 4 characters (one in each base class) on either side.

WHich is why the game really needs at least 12 toons per server and ideally 16.

Edited by Goretzu

I think one of the devs during a guild summit stated that there will never be more than 8 chars allowed per server.

That's pretty idiotic in my opinion. But what are you gonna do..

Actually, I thought I read in one of the blogs or an interview somewhere that with the species unlocks for Legacy, they were looking at increasing the number of characters allowed per server. That would also make sense since they are also planning on rolling out other playable species in the future.

BJ

Hi there.

Character concepts. You know, the Sith Commando, or the Miraluka Sniper. A "real" character and a "joke" character.

Actually, I thought I read in one of the blogs or an interview somewhere that with the species unlocks for Legacy, they were looking at increasing the number of characters allowed per server. That would also make sense since they are also planning on rolling out other playable species in the future.

BJ

They said it might be a future Legacy option because of the Race unlocks.

To quote Gru, "light bulb."

Every five legacy levels you earn, you automatically unlock one character slot on the server, up to a max of 16 characters total (meaning the "character slot bonus" would end at about Legacy 40.) This easily gives some people a reason to get a high legacy level, beyond "I need Legacy 15 to buy stuff with credits."

Totally agree!

I've now deleted 2 lvl 17, and 1 lvl 10, because I've been maxed out and want another one... Long story short, you need 16 characters slots in order to experience all the different voice actors of the game, 8 female and 8 male on each faction. Considering how much soundtrack and effort they put into it, I only see it as a waste of resources not to allow people to experience all of them.

Edited by Tifadore

I'd like to see the limit increased to 16.

I already have four level 50 characters on the imp side:

Inquisitor - Sorcerer

Warrior - Juggernaut

Bounty Hunter - Mercenary

Imperial Agent - Operative

And I'm well into levelling their mirror classes on the pub side.

I'd really like to be able to play every AC without having to delete anything or move to another server.

Actually they pretty much said the opposite at the guild summit.

They said that they've heard the pleas for more char slots per server and are looking into it.

And I'm pretty sure the question was asked again in one of the Q&A blogs,

with pretty much the same answer.

edit: Found it: Q&A March 16th, first question.

Edited by Talahar

just run 2 accts that way u can play all classes etc.

Wha?

Hmm pay for 2 accounts or expand the limit? Let me think about that....

It's about playing on the same legacy, not splitting it up.

Wha?

Hmm pay for 2 accounts or expand the limit? Let me think about that....

It's about playing on the same legacy, not splitting it up.

Exactly - we don't want to split the legacy up, since that's partially the big reason behind wanting more character slots in the first place.

I don't want to make two Consulars - I want a Miralukan Sage and a Chiss Shadow. I don't want to make two Troopers - I want to make a Cyborg Vanguard and a Miralukan Commando. I don't want to make two Warriors - I want a Cyborg Juggernaut and a Mirialan Marauder.

If it was just purely about character slots total, then we'd make our other eight on a new server, no problem. Legacy doesn't let us do that, though, and retain all the hard work we put into our Legacy stuff we already unlocked on the first server.

... you will be forced to pay for them. ...

Damn, if only I didn't already play a game where I spent probably about $30 in extra character slots before now. Then, I could be mad!

(Seriously, in Champions Online, I have about 37 character slots, most are used with characters I'm never deleting, because they're awesome.)

Character concepts. You know, the Sith Commando, or the Miraluka Sniper. A "real" character and a "joke" character.

I want to roll a Sith Pureblood Knight just to upset the Republic fan boys.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.