Not enough people

tmpearson

There aren't at least four people on your server at any given time? I mean that is what it takes to make a group, right? That must be a really, really, low pop server :rolleyes:

Are you serious with this question? Having a body count on a server or even on the same planet doesn't necessarily equate to having 4 people willing and able to run a heroic.

You must have be joking right?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain on Empire side of Juyo I sit int he fleet for an hour a day trying to get H bT group for the daily before i say forget it and level my alt. LFG feature cannot come soon enough, if not this game will be in trouble. Edited by kharnedge

Be careful saying "all", as you're not even talking about the majority of servers which are only 'low' during extreme off-peak hours.

When I was on this morning, every servers but one was low. I know the morning isn't peak on a game this popular (or that was popular) where every server was high to full a week ago, it is concerning. There should at least be a few full servers at all times. Having 95% of them being low isn't a good sign.

Even when the server is light i'm able to find groups for heroics no prob

PLS tell me what server that is cause Juyo even at standard is a ghost land for hard mode runs. Im sure the big pre launch guilds are running them fine but my mostly RL guild didnt choose to go that route now we can never find people to fill our groups for the dailies.

Edited by kharnedge

Only 25 people per planet max on my server...at peak times.

What? You went to each planet to check them out?

Single planets can be deceiving, and the higher level the planet, the less (usually) is the population. Even on my Light/sometimes Standard pop Republic Zakkeg Beast, there are usually about 90-100 on Coruscant at peak times.

Cheers.

It doesn't matter if the game sells 20 million if a large chunk has already quit. We obviously don't know for sure but the server pop is telling us that it may be the case.

I too have noticed that there seems to be fewer people playing when I'm on. This doesn't necessarily equate to people quitting the game. When Bioware says something or starts shutting down servers, then we would know. Until that time, just speculation.

Sources for supposed info, please? Is this your opinion or not?

Sorry, too many people spread rumors that spread like wildfire and confuse everyone causing more havoc on these boards.

On a side note, I do find this a problem. The galaxy is BIG, which is great, but I would love to see more people around when playing. The average is always 50-100 which is pretty decent, but its like NO ONE does heroics. Hopefully LFG will solve it...

He has no sources because the servers won't be merging anytime soon, I promise you that. Why, you ask?

As soon as an MMO merges servers, the sheep that are MMO players quit the game by the masses, as they believe it's dying. A lot of players will simply leave because they think lots of others are leaving. This makes very little sense, of course, but that doesn't stop MMO players.

They don't seem to understand that there is always a surge of quitters at the end of an MMO's first month. This is 100% normal and expected. This is why BioWare refused to open new servers to kill queues. They also fail to understand that the people you see complaining on the forums are called the "vocal minority". They're not the majority of players, as the majority are happy with the game and have no reason to post on the forums.

Relax, make your own opinions on the game and try to enjoy it yourself. Don't base your beliefs on forum doomsayers.

There aren't at least four people on your server at any given time? I mean that is what it takes to make a group, right? That must be a really, really, low pop server :rolleyes:

You're being unfair... There isn't 4 people their level.

But all jest aside, even though the current system can use some work it can work if people would just use it. Do you know if you're flagged LFG and you do a search for LFG you will see all the players (up to 100) that are flagged LFG on the entire server regardless their location. You can even search 15-23 LFG or LFG Foundry and find just that?

But the system doesn't work because people want the system to match them with people and then they can be an ***** as much as they want and the system will still match them with another group. With a manual system how you behave will help determine if you get more group invites regardless of your role.

I too have noticed that there seems to be fewer people playing when I'm on. This doesn't necessarily equate to people quitting the game. When Bioware says something or starts shutting down servers, then we would know. Until that time, just speculation.

It's a problem. Servers need to be merged, but merging servers is also the kiss of death.

Today I had to wait 20 minutes to kill a non-instanced bonus quest boss. There was a queue of 4 peoples in front of me for the same boss. And I'm on one of the low population server :rolleyes:

Although I admit it's the first time ever that it happens to me. The most queue I had to do so far as always been about 1 player before me.

I'm fine with the current population. I have 2 characters level 50 who have gone into hibernation because it's true right now, high-end areas are kinda deserted. But when I play other lower level characters, the areas between level 1-35 are active. So I guess it's just a matter of time before all these lower level players reach the higher level areas.

What? You went to each planet to check them out?

Single planets can be deceiving, and the higher level the planet, the less (usually) is the population. Even on my Light/sometimes Standard pop Republic Zakkeg Beast, there are usually about 90-100 on Coruscant at peak times.

Cheers.

You don't have to go to the planets. You just have to do a /whoplanetxyz

It's a VERY serious concern that now all the servers are typically low and some go to standard at peak hours. I like this game, but I fear there has already been a mass exodus and it's only going to be worse now that the free month is officially up now.

/QFE

You can fanboi all you want... this is a pile of <bleep>... and even they will be "quietly" leaving.

When the 1st level 50 made it in less than 2 weeks, I threw in the towel for SW:TOR. That is blind ignorance on the devs part to create anything that can be "finished" in that short of a time without exploiting. The devs will have to quickly push out "incomplete" expansions to appease the players that made it to max level.

I wonder if we can have SWG back after this one flops? :D

Honest question...how many people do you actually interact with in an MMO (ì.e. team up with, talk to, and do things with)? Or is it that there isn't enough garbage in general chat?

I would say that the average MMO player actually interacts with a fraction, if that, of an actual server player base.

Edited by Bowlan

/QFE

You can fanboi all you want... this is a pile of <bleep>... and even they will be "quietly" leaving.

When the 1st level 50 made it in less than 2 weeks, I threw in the towel for SW:TOR. That is blind ignorance on the devs part to create anything that can be "finished" in that short of a time without exploiting. The devs will have to quickly push out "incomplete" expansions to appease the players that made it to max level.

I wonder if we can have SWG back after this one flops? :D

How fast someone CAN get to 50 has nothing to do with you. Why do you care?

Go quest and stop telling people the sky is falling.

Honest question...how many people do you actually interact with in an MMO (ì.e. team up with, talk to, and do things with)? Or is it that there isn't enough garbage in general chat?

I would say that the average MMO player actually interacts with a fraction, if that, of an actualorganized server player base.

I interact with a ton. Regardless, it's a matter of having to find groups (since they're too stubborn to put in a freakin LFG) and the feel of a living population. Even if you aren't talking to people, a dead chat and nobody running around you makes the game feel dead.

I had difficulty last night for sure on Ven Zallow. Only 39-40 on Balmorra and only one reply to do a Heroic in 2 hours and that one was for a 4 man team so we just ended up doing bonus missions.

Then on Quesh just trying to get a hand with regular content... 11 people total on the planet?

Then on the Fleet trying to get 4 for Colicoid even though there was between 80-100 at any given moment.

It's much easier at the earlier planets/missions I can usually find groups on Courscant, Taris, and Nar Shaddaa. Part of the reason leveling an Alt became more enjoyable some evenings.

I don't know if we need to go Cross Server or anything, but a server-wide LFG Chat channel would be nice.

I don't mind looking for a group and socializing to make it happen but it has felt a bit futile at times this week.

Yes, my 'at least four' people on a server comment was serious, I wasn't just trying to troll him. People not willing to group up for flashpoints/heroics is not the same as there not even being enough people around to do them. I've never had a problem getting a group for anything, you just have to ask. Most people these days expect to just fall in to groups thanks to that other game's lfg tool. This is especially true for the heroic quests on a planet.

edit for clarification: all bioware can do is have servers for you to play on. it's up to your server's population to actually group up in a mmo

Edited by Projester

It's a problem. Servers need to be merged, but merging servers is also the kiss of death.

I wouldn't disagree that it's a problem but I'm not convinced it's not actually working as intended. I mean, even when servers are shown as 'very heavy' or even 'full' on the server list, they don't appear to have more than a few hundred players on them. That seems awfully low for a 'full' server but perhaps it's Bioware's way of controlling server demand, lag etc.?

I think this intentional server limiting could be the source of a lot of so called 'low' population servers. There simply aren't a lot of players playing on an already intentionally limited population.

Pure speculation on my part. I have absolutely no data to back it up.