Pro heals, no badges....@_@?

Fooberz

So.....every warone, i like to put my shields on everybody as we run out in the battle in the begining of every warzone.....sure.....i really shouldnt put shields on people because....i mean its not like it counts towards.....ANYTHING AT ALL. Why dont my shields count towards protection? Why do i have to get 500k healing in order to get 5 badges *and thats when the game is long and ive had time to heal that much*, when all the tanks just throw a protection on somebody and BLAM 9 badges. Seriously, being a healer in this game is so broken, i love healing, but getting half the badges as everybody on your team is weak, especially when your the one doing alot of the work.

My average healing done per game = 350k

My average badges gained per round= 3-4

Amount of effort put into gaining said badges = 210%

So my question today is!

Why are healers so gimped?:confused:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but healers deserve to be punished for taking one for the team.

If they would just allow our heals on players that kill people to also give us kill credit it would certainly help. Unfortunately I don't see Bioware making this fix anytime soon and given their very brief history of updates through beta and launch I've no faith that they will have it done before summer. Truth be told the Battlemaster title means nothing to me and all I really want is equal commendations so I've an equal chance to the same amount of gear.

There's so many basic things that need fixed, I keep reporting them daily in hopes I'll get something other than an automated response that means they did not read a single thing I wrote. Fixing the basic things should come before adding content that will require quite a bit of tuning and bug fixes.

Weren't they SUPPOSED to be implementing more badges in this patch that would allow healers to also get credit for accomplishments?

Healing someone that lands a kill should be counted the very same way as throwing a dot on said person and running away, only for them to be killed 2 minutes later in some random fashion and still get credit.

9 badge for trowing protect? lol we get 3; lucky if we get 4(50k) outside of the DPS medal that YOU CAN GET.

if sage could get protection medal from bubble then there would be no reason to roll anything else because they could get dps,heal, protect medal all at once in a single game easily.

DPS can no longer gain easy heal medal(2.5k,5k) because using potion no longer gives the medal.

9 badge for trowing protect? lol we get 3; lucky if we get 4(50k) outside of the DPS medal that YOU CAN GET.

if sage could get protection medal from bubble then there would be no reason to roll anything else because they could get dps,heal, protect medal all at once in a single game easily.

DPS can no longer gain easy heal medal(2.5k,5k) because using potion no longer gives the medal.

As it should be.:rolleyes:

And /agree with the OP.

I think one of the reasons is the way kills are assigned. If we're spam healing then we're not tagging all the enemies like everyone else so we don't get the 10 kills and 25 kills medals, or the killing blow medal.

Other classes get their 3-4 class-specific badges (total damage/protection, big hit/1-life) as well as the 3-4 generic battle ones from kills.

You could all stop healing so people actually die in PvP. I'd be okay with that.

Okay, done trolling.

In seriousness, do more than just heal. Throw some damage out occasionally. I've seen healers rack up more medals than anyone else because they did more than just heal. You can get 2.5k damage, 2.5k heal, 5k heal, 75k healing done, 75k damage done, and still possibly pull off 300k healing if you're doing really well and it's a long game. Also, defending points can get you two additional medals. If you can get off a hit on someone low you get another medal for a killing blow. If someone is focusing you, kill them over time with dots or just damage and heal when necessary to get the assassin medal.

That's 10 medals.

Is it easy? No, not at all. But it's definitely possible.

If this is your experience tanking you need to get better with your DPS'ing. It should be easy even getting steamrolled to pick up 4-5 medals. 2-3 for prot, a quick draw, and a heal. If you have a win you should also be getting some of the Xk prot w/o dying medals, and should be close to 75k of damage. I say this as a non-pvp geared Jugg who pvp'ed only occasionally between 30 and 43, my current level.

@OP -- I agree with your premise that there should be more medals available to healers, especially b/c good healing in a WZ is so rare (partially b/c it is hard to get medals doing that). As a short-term fix I suggest you try to hybrid DPS/heal, you'll end up getting a lot more medals, and if you do your DPS primarily to sub 50% health targets you'll actually help your team a lot by eliminating opposition.

I can do pretty well on medals if I throw a little damage out... that's why I'm 28/0/13 as a sorc. I toss heals but I can also do a bit of dps on a ball carrier.

2.5k heal medal

2.5 damage medal (buffed up death field crit)

75k heal medal

75k damage medal

killing blow medal

10 kills medal

25 kills medal

I usually do about 100k damage and 250k healing in a wz. I haven't been able to get the 5k healing crit yet, so that would take me up to about 8 medals per game, and that's without defender points on civil war. It's really not that bad. You just have to know what to do to get medals and when to do them.

Just saying if you assist in a kill you should be rewarded somehow, you are in PvE.

It has little to do with that, it's just unfair toward healers that if you're a pure healer, you can get 3 or 4 medals, while the pure DPS class (those with heals, anyway, since patch the medikits aren't good for that anymore at least) can still get healing medals on top of the larger number of damage/kill related ones. If damage related medals were available to dps, heal related ones to healers, and kill related ones to everybody, that should even things out a little.

Grow up! You are about the only tank on the forums at this point disagreeing!! Even my tank brother feels sorry for me. And he's the competative kind!

Saying "you can get dps medals as well" to a class that uses HEALS on his GCD instead of DAMAGE abilities is just retarded! Sure I can get 3 medals if i FOCUS on it (10/25 kills and killing blow) but then I might just miss that 300k medal instead.

We need something that gives us more medals. Either for assisting with heals/protection (read shield or hots) or simply by them actually adding some more medals.

Tanks: Can get all the dps medals easy, and then have about 6-8 designated protection medals?

Healers: Can get A FEW of the "DPS" medals, and then we have 4 healing medals (and one is not even aschievable inside of combat) we can get.

Do you see where the difference is? Mhm, might there be some fundamental flaws in their mathematics?

Give more designated healing medals or realise that healers will just..not heal in warzones! And then we'll see how well you do against the premades. Rofl!

P.S. if you are a tank and only get 3 tanking medals on average, then you are a horrible tank! :p Sorry to say it but it's the truth of it. D.S.

I ocassionaly get 8-10 medals als healer.

2,5k heal, 5k heal, 75k heal, 300k heal, 2,5k dmg, 75k dmg, killing blow, 10 kills, assa med every now and then and the 2 def... Never got 11 meds.

So it is possible and I enjoy doing dmg, but I don't DPS as well as a DD. So I should heal, cause it's more effective. If i wanna win, i have to heal. So I should be rewarded for it. The tank and dds just zerg like idiots and still get all their medals.

But just adding more medals for healers could cause problems.... what if i gain 3 more heal medals like heal 20k, 50k, 100k in one life (i rarely die) and still manage to dps? Flamewars on the forums.

yeah sure i geuss i could be a healer/dps but whats the point in that? Im a healer, not a dps, I am a way bigger asset to the team if i am just focusing on healing, I throw my ccs out, i use my interrupts, i shield, and i heal, but on top of that you expect me to put out 75k damage and kill somebody by myself to get the same medals as some other dps?MAYBE if the team im playing against is bad, but on my server, this usually isnt the case. And im not geared enough to be hitting people for 2.5k or healing for 5k single crits even with berserking, my gear isnt horrible though , so yeah sorry im not in full battlemaster.......

Well...my main point in this is....i got 2-3 more medals each warzone at level 10-49 as a dps then i do now as a decently geared 50 healer.

Edited by Fooberz

Healers who cry about medals need to get a clue.

Not getting enough? Then play the damn game. It's laughably easy to get over 80% of the dps medals. The only somewhat hard ones to get is the 5k medal and 300k dmg medal. Everything else is easily within the realm of possibility.

You can get

2.5k hit

75k dmg

Killing Blow

Just from from putting out mild pressure alone, and don't give anyone that "I'm a healer, IM SUPPOSED TO ONLY HEAL EVER AND NOTHING ELSE" Shtick, because no one is buying it.

Try playing a mara/sent or sniper/gunslinger, who both get screwed by the system.

HAH my strongest crit is about 1500 with project, you want me to sacrafice my AOE heal so i can do more dps? I do dps, i dps when its important like stopping a person from planting a bomb, or capping a point, i know how to play the game, i can easily stayt alive with a tank and 5 people on me, in a truely competitive game, you will be healing ONLY and throwing out some mild dots/slows/stuns. You are BAD if you are sacrificing your teamates to do more damage......and of course i get my killing blow medal....damn. even with that i usually get 3-5 medals Edited by Fooberz

I think one of the reasons is the way kills are assigned. If we're spam healing then we're not tagging all the enemies like everyone else so we don't get the 10 kills and 25 kills medals, or the killing blow medal.

This isn't true. I've gotten the 10 kills badge while in stealth and having not been in combat with anything. The killing blow medal can be achieved by healers and it doesn't even cost you much healing - it's literally 1 global.

Medals are fine for healers. The fact is that this game is different from it's competitors; Healers have a limited set of tools for healing & support relative to other games, but they're given decent damage. With the death/res mechanic in warzones, spam healing everybody that drops below 100% hp isn't the optimal playstyle.

HAH my strongest crit is about 1500 with project, you want me to sacrafice my AOE heal so i can do more dps? I do dps, i dps when its important like stopping a person from planting a bomb, or capping a point, i know how to play the game, i can easily stayt alive with a tank and 5 people on me, in a truely competitive game, you will be healing ONLY and throwing out some mild dots/slows/stuns. You are BAD if you are sacrificing your teamates to do more damage......and of course i get my killing blow medal....damn. even with that i usually get 3-5 medals

You really have no clue how to pressure effectively.

75k healing 300k healing 1 KB 2.5k heal, i almost never get more than that in huttball because im the healer using rescue on teamates with the ball , the teamate who stand in optimal passing positions, and the person who protects the ball carrier, wheres my medals for all that?