How have people not hit 50 yet?

staysa

Other than SWTOR what are your hobbies?

I golf, play football, shoot guns, hike, drink beer, watch play off games, socialize, enjoy the real world.

Maybe not everyone plays the game for 4-5 hours a night?

Let me ask you this, have you ever missed a meal, or didn't realize what time it was while playing SWTOR? If so, you are showing signs of addiction.

In my case, gaming has always been my hobby ever since I was 4, with the Atari and Nes back then. That hasn't at all now. I do badmington tuesday nights for 2 hours but thats about it. Socializing, funny that you should mention that, but isnt gaming with other people also socializing? Aside from whatever game you are playing, you can talk about whatever topic comes to mind like you would at a party or wherever.

I guess enjoying the real world for me is just going out and chilling, while looking for games mostly and manga. And perhaps do some shopping for my folks or myself.

I'm avery focused person. I noticed that I can go on hours either working at my job or gaming whatever, I might take a short pee/break or get a bite.

Otherwise its maybe half an hour dinner and then back to whatever I was doing.

Nowadays ít's Swtor, that used to be wow.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. I work 7am-5pm 5 days a week and have done the lvl50 PvP weekly for the 3rd time now, without early game access.

Cant tell if troll or just stupid... :confused:

In case your just stupid, here is your answer;

Some people have a life that does not involve sitting alone eating cold pizza in front of their computer when they get off from work.

I don't get it. I work 7am-5pm 5 days a week and have done the lvl50 PvP weekly for the 3rd time now, without early game access.

Gosh guys, I'm really doing good, huh? How much time did you put in on the weekend? The average amount of time it takes "game played" for a toon to hit level 50 is 6-7 days. That's 142-168hours played.

While you may work a lot, clearly you don't have a family or a life outside of gaming, which isn't a good or bad thing it's just a thing. So consider that people don't put as much time into this hobby as you do and there's no reason for you to be a rude jerk to them.

me and my 2 friends have all got 2 lvl 50's all 6 toons are in the valor rank 50ish' with 500ish exp on every toon and about to re-roll again because we don't got much to do. (because we don't like pve.) lol yeah we hate it yet we have done it twice all ready. pvp in this game is too easy gear is a crap shoot.

"Rant....."

i hope the person that had the final say on this pvp gear looting system does not get to work on another game. All hate for this person(s) aside. bioware has to know this pvp system ( im not talking about ilum fail ether that house has been beaten) but the easy to gain valor and gear.

if you think valor rank 65 is hard to get your new to mmo's and never played DAoC. it tool more than a few weeks to get realm rank 9 to 10 in DAoC.

Gosh guys, I'm really doing good, huh? How much time did you put in on the weekend? The average amount of time it takes "game played" for a toon to hit level 50 is 6-7 days. That's 142-168hours played.

While you may work a lot, clearly you don't have a family or a life outside of gaming, which isn't a good or bad thing it's just a thing. So consider that people don't put as much time into this hobby as you do and there's no reason for you to be a rude jerk to them.

You've won the thread! ^ This kind of applies to me, haha.

Even though I still live with my parents and go out with them and such.

But otherwise it's spot on.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee

7:30-5 working, 5:30-9 graduate school, socializing with friends, relaxing with g/f, traveling for the holidays.. the list is a long one. Most importantly though I'm not level 50 because I don't care to be yet, end game is never fun when an MMO is fresh off the presses and I've always thought that hurrying to reach it and then complaining about its shallow nature was the height of tarddom. Thus I play alts, PvP, and basically just enjoy myself at my own pace.

More importantly though, why is this question relevant to anyone? Does it somehow bother you that people are not level 50 yet? I assume this is just another complaint about brackets, if so please do realize that after being 50 for a while people will likely still be making alts etc., I am quite sure that the 1-49 "bracket" will not be empty for a long time (if ever).

Maybe because some people started late, were gone for the holidays, and have more of a life than you?

For me it's not for lack of wanting to get to 50.

First toon, with guildies on a US server - Jedi Guardian. Got to LVL23 then gave up after finding that my disconnects every 5 mins didn't happen on the EU servers.

2nd toon - Merc on an EU server - to play with a couple of RL friends. Spent some time catching up on their level then realised that their playtimes and mine didn't really coincide much. Currently lvl 31 and playing once or twice/week with it. Trying not to outlevel them, so made more alts to play.

3rd toon - Vanguard on same server (realised the tankier class was more what I wanted - and sick of hutball all the time). Got to 13 but found pvp worse. Not enough republics queuing for regular WF pops - not by a long way. Would rather be constantly hutballing. Didn't like the look/feel of the class as much as BH.

4th toon - Back to Imps (on the same server) - Shadow. Got to around 15 or so, but really getting bored with both hutball and re-doing the same quests/worlds as on my BH.

5th toon - Back to Guardian but on an EU PVP server. WF pops are frequent with a variety of maps (woohoo!). Lvl 14 now. I may settle here apart from the one day a week I play Imps with my RL buddies. looking forward to getting to questlines that I havn't already done.

Edited by Lemmy_DB

I think the point is even if you take a ton of time, did every quest in the game, absorbed all the story and role played a bit; You should still have hit 50 by now. I am not saying you have to be 50, I am saying that even at a slugs pace you should have tripped and fell over the 50 mark by now. Like a few have said about playing 10 characters, that is the only answer I can see. If you are not 50 then you must be rerolling constantly or playing many characters at once.

I had early access and started six days early, have only played the one character (Jedi Sentinel), and am still only level 48. But then again, I have a life outside of SWTOR, do occasionally go 2-3 days without playing due to other real life activites, and also enjoy a lot of other aspects to this game beyond just the leveling.

For me, getting to 50 hasn't been a priority. Enjoying the game during those times I'm actually playing is. And spending time with my wife and family is actually a higher priority than SWTOR. Shocker!

Many people have been playing alts and not focusing on just one single char. The story lines are so addictive it is not hard to do.

u kidding? i pvp´d like last 5 levels on my first and only char cos id rather kill myself than do one more of these ****** quest :D

Some people still have a life and some people also create multiple characters. But since this is just here for you to brag, here have a medal. :sy_title:

Because most people have a life to live, and that life is more diverse than 'work and gaming'?

Cant tell if troll or just stupid... :confused:

In case your just stupid, here is your answer;

Some people have a life that does not involve sitting alone eating cold pizza in front of their computer when they get off from work.

You've won the thread! ^ This kind of applies to me, haha.

Even though I still live with my parents and go out with them and such.

But otherwise it's spot on.

I think the reason it matters is because just read all these posts by the people not 50. They are all basically the same "Blah blah, but I have a life and blah blah if you had a life blah blah lolz"

the point being made is that if you barely play at all you can be 50 now. Your feeling of superiority for not being 50 is ridiculous.

Get off your high horse. If this were day 3 bragging about world first you may have a point, but you can play very little and still have got 50 by now.

not everyone will rush through the game then moan they are board at the end then moan and cry for mor content and threaten to quit because of it.

take your time dont rush

honestly i think they are just bad at the game and die 20 times per hour, listen to every single side quest like roleplayers. stand 15 mins at some spot and look at a tree, possibly run in every corner of the map and "explore" like indiana jones. you know all this stuffs bads do -.-

If you are playing for 3-4 hours a night, then you are are living an impoverished life and just don't realize it.

There are so many great things in life, it is not the pre-50s that are missing out on great things in the game, there are great things all the way up as well. It is the people who play 3-4+ hours a day who are missing out on the things that real life has to offer.

You likely won't understand this, I didn't for so many years.

Spacebar = lvl 50 in a few days. Seriously...what story? Besides the main quest lines every single side mission is the same with some minor twist. Also, unless you're running with a grp of friends grouping in this game is a nightmare. a lot easiest to solo, jump planets, avoid inefficient quests and not waste time w/ heroics

Get off your high horse. If this were day 3 bragging about world first you may have a point, but you can play very little and still have got 50 by now.

Right... but ultimately why do you care. Not everyone is 50, so what. You are... hooray?

I think the reason it matters is because just read all these posts by the people not 50. They are all basically the same "Blah blah, but I have a life and blah blah if you had a life blah blah lolz"

the point being made is that if you barely play at all you can be 50 now. Your feeling of superiority for not being 50 is ridiculous.

People are responding to what they seem to think is "a feeling of superiority". I'm not one to say what someone is feeling, but there it is.

Why don't I have a 50? Because every single time I get a character to level 30, I convince someone else to join the game. And, when I do that... I feel beholden to level with them. So, I may not have a 50, but I have a 30 of every class but Sage.

If you add up all my characters I am level 99+. Surprisely enough my highest is only 22 :(

Between making alts, crafting, pvping, and only getting to play about 2 hours a night Monday through Thursday I will not be hitting 50 probably until April or May.

If i ever get to play hardcore during the weekends hell i might even make it to 50 my March.

For me personally, there really isn't any draw to be 50. No major end-game content to look forward to. PvP is broken. The game is full of flaws and bugs. TBH, it's a wonder why I still play it. Yes, that's probably a very harsh critique of the game. That said, I intend to give the game a chance to make up for the massive letdown it's been since launch, but it's current status leaves much to be desired, and because of this, it has yet to become the thing I am drawn to first when I get off work.

Also not being 50 yet is a GREAT thing. Why you ask? Obviously I am playing very casually but I am definately learning everything about my character, my crew, my crafting (sure i am probably wasting alot of credits but who cares, i am having a great time).

Also the longer i take, the more time BW has time to fix issues which means smoother playing for me down the road.

I honestly havent had this much fun his EQ. SWTOR is giving me something that WOW never had in the 6 years i played it. My life has changed, i would never be able to play a game like EQ casually which is why SWTOR is great. Do i miss EQ raiding and the constant fear of mobs, trains, death, etc HELL YEA but life changed, thankfully online gaming also has :)

Main reason -- Wife and Children.

I've only played one character since the 2nd day of early access and I just hit 45 at the end of last night's session.

And do you know what happens when I hit 50?

I'll start a new character.

I like story, not PVP.

Alodar :)