If you enjoy 10-49 PvP, why 50?

BDutch

If you actually have fun doing 10-49 WZ and maybe the rare world PvP while leveling, would you opt out of end-game PvP entirely? That is, if you could continue to play in the 10-49 bracket, but you could not gain the rewards of level 50 PvP, including Illum, would you?

My alt is creeping up on 50 and it just makes me want to make another alt. Long queue times, uber valor/gear/expertise gaps, faction balance issues, Illum mechanics being a work in progress... I actually enjoy 10-49 PvP, why would I want to trade it for this crap?

If I could level-lock I would--not because I want to twink what little there is to twink, but because 10-49 is better PvP. Just curious if anyone else out there is avoiding level 50 PvP and/or enjoying 10-49 PvP.

Edited by BDutch

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

Pre-50 PVP is reborn in this game now. I did warzones all day yesterday and had more fun in one day than I've had in the last 2 weeks. At this point I really don't see where the incentive is to level to 50. The only thing I would have to look forward to is getting stomped into the ground by legions of players who have been maxed out and fully geared for ages now.

I have 2 characters hovering in the 30-40 range and I almost wish they could just stay there. If I could level lock, I'd seriously consider it.

Yep, I honestly see myself just rolling alt after alt for pvp now and limiting my main to pve. FPS and RTS communities would be enraged if playing a game longer gave their opponents a mathematical advantage =p

I agree, but I've heard people argue that that's the difference between FPS' and MMOs.. "just go play a FPS". I don't mind progression I guess, it's just the degree of it. If level 50 is an MMO, then what is 10-49? A better MMO.

I realize people have different tastes, but it amazes me that anyone would sacrifice fun/gameplay for the sake of progression... at least as far as PvP is concerned.

Pre-50 PvP yesterday reminded me of the first few days after the servers opened up when nobody was level 50 or had expertise gear.

It was so much fun! It felt like my (pug) teams were so unified without level 50s with expertise looming over our moods.

It really makes me question expertise at all... as much fun as I was having, I'd almost advocate abolishing expertise from warzones and just giving everyone the same bolster buff. This would make higher levels' advantage mainly consist of having higher abilities, but would still be possible to be killed by lower levels.

/making another alt

This is the first time I'm happy I didn't bust my bum and rush to max level. A few guildies and I have been pestered by the level 50s to level faster but we wanted to play together and take our time, and yesterday, it paid off! I had so much fun pvping last night while the level 50s were just constantly complaining and moaning about Ilum and the level 50 games. I feel sad that I am level 47 right now, but I will just PvP until 50. Though once I hit 50, I will probably just fire up those alts and level them to 14, then pvp awayyyyyy.

I do hope they fix Ilum soon and do rollbacks for the ones that got a stupid amount of valor from it because that would put us at an even bigger gear disadvantage. But I also hope the republic are smart and STOP going to Ilum and giving them that free valor....I mean really >.< lol

Yes the patch fixed 1-49 pvp, but it broke 50 pvp. I know eventually there will be a high enough population of 50's that it will eventually balance out. But right now it just sucks. I liked it the way it was before. Each team had 50's and they singled each other out, love hate relationship. I dont even want to pvp on my main anymore, to stressful. And the wait is so long, that if you dont win, it just SUCKS.

errgg hit 50 yesterday expertise is a joke!

no increased damage!!! gear with % defence is fine, it means that if i'm shooting at some guy in gear I will kill him less slowly, but he should not then turn and blast me away for even more damage. Derive damage from standard stats and have expertise as a purely defensive stat.

I agree 100%. Reminds me of pvp servers in EQ2 when level locking was allowed and a lot of people locked in at level 11 and made the newb areas full-o-fun for hours and hours on end. I remember having around 5 level 11s. Druid was OP though.

Done a lot of pvp, some to the extreme hard core end game pvp. Nothing comes close to 1-49 hutt ball right now. I may just end up having my character slots full of level 49s over the coming weeks =)

Cheers. See you guys in hutt ball.

Yes the patch fixed 1-49 pvp, but it broke 50 pvp. I know eventually there will be a high enough population of 50's that it will eventually balance out. But right now it just sucks. I liked it the way it was before. Each team had 50's and they singled each other out, love hate relationship. I dont even want to pvp on my main anymore, to stressful. And the wait is so long, that if you dont win, it just SUCKS.

lol whatever. Your just sour now you can't 3 shot people on your operative or something smegma like that.

1-49 pvp is here to stay. 50s can kill trade in illum all day for all I care. Good riddance.

LOL - are you kidding me? If you were any sort of healer, you became free valor for the geared 50's.

Must say I thought the exact same thing, as I'm now level 47. I wanted to avoid getting to 50, but the fact that WZs give me xp makes that impossible. Just gonna reroll with another character and start it up again, this game is designed for individuals to keep leveling characters. It seems to be that the most fun in this game is designed for players in the level 30-40 range, which is awesome.

Moral of the story de-emphasize gear in pvp. I will keep beating this horse. I'm really liking this game, but if end game pvp follows the wow track where its basically gear comparison and the combat is a formality...I will be moving on.

Come on devs. Buck the trend and lets get back to skill based pvp at end game!

I had an awesome night on pvp!!! (10-49) have not had that much fun playing since the first week when there were no level 50's, really had an epic session with my mates.

I see alot of people are complaing about the level 50 warzones at the moment (mainly expertise) but in reality after we hit 50 in only a few weeks we will be kitted out in mostly champion gear ourselves (there Is not much difference stat wise in champ & battlemaster gear) & most people will be on a level playing field & will be just about skill, rotation, team work & communication!

It will be just as fun as what were having on the 10-49 pvp's

Be patient guys....it will turn out fine ;)

P.s its nice to have a forum post where everyone (well most) is positive ;)

Yes, I would definitely love to stop leveling and just enjoy the queue, even if that meant lvl 35 max or such. PvP is much more enjoyable without the expertise yoke.

It's really sad, but it's 100% true. I pvp'd on my Level 14 yesterday and actually had fun again, like it was a month ago. I could help my team, I could kill people and do respectable damage... it was why I liked warzones in the first place. I'll probably just keep leveling alts to pvp with, because endgame pvp is much less fun than leveling pvp.

Yep, I honestly see myself just rolling alt after alt for pvp now and limiting my main to pve. FPS and RTS communities would be enraged if playing a game longer gave their opponents a mathematical advantage =p

You mean like it does in some of the most popular FPS games?

Level locking at 49 would create "twinks", as in well-geared characters that would mirror what we've seen with well-geared 50's, making pvp, over time, less enjoyable again for lower lvls.

There is no way that I know of to twink a 49 that would make them something worthy of whining. If you pull all the expertise from level 46 weapons and drop it in the orange PvP set then you get a total of 150 expertise, which comes out to like +4% (also consider this is sacrificing those stat allowance points, so it's an even smaller difference).

Besides, level locking might not even be necessary. They could just make it to where you could queue for unranked WZ as 50, and debolster your stats to a level compatible with 10-49. If they went that route they'd have to make sure they locked the rewards of regular level 50 PvP in some way... but I digress.

My point was really that gear treadmills ruin PvP, and we have a great example right here because a lot of people can see how it was before/after having your success determined by someone elses gear. The Illum issues and faction balance are directly related... which becomes more of a problem because of how it affects valor and in turn... gear.

It's like the game is going great until you hit 50 and then you have to deal with all this balance and counter-balance just to cater to gear whores. Seems like such a waste to satisfy a group that you can never appease for too long, while the people that would be content otherwise pay the price.

try playing on a sub lvl20 alt and still get owned by 40+

you guys seem happy with your lvl40 alts in a 10-49 bracket, still unbalanced and the side with the higher lvls wins just because thats how the talent trees work and give u advantages over somone with less points spent

i woudnt mind if gear would mean nothing in pvp and rewards would be just rank/ratings and maybe gear upgrades which bring only bonuses outside of warzones.

inside a warzone everyone should be set to default level 50 stats with 0 stat gear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.