Combat delay was NOT fixed

Weeps

if abilities not going off when pressed is not game breaking, id love to see what you think is. its literally broke. you press an ability and it doesnt go off. i dont know how you can defend that

Another fanboy, just move along and ignore her

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand. At 14 seconds I start channeling my force lightning immediately after the gcd finishes. I do lightning strike, shock and then force lightning. Each of those activates immediately after the casting time/gcd finishes.

OK, I believe you, but I've seen the bug a million times and I wouldn't have called it anything more than an annoyance. The game is still very playable. I guess our definitions of "game-breaking" are just vastly different.

Really, what are you thinking? Do you just want to argue? Because, if your character won't execute your inputs, that's exactly the definition of not being able to play the game. Thus, game breaking.

Do you play another way? Do you phone in commands to a guy playing your character in China and thus you don't mind the delay? Would game breaking for you mean running out of minutes on your prepaid card?

Edited by GavNash

I still don't understand. At 14 seconds I start channeling my force lightning immediately after the gcd finishes. I do lightning strike, shock and then force lightning. Each of those activates immediately after the casting time/gcd finishes.

When your GCD expires on all of your abilities allowing you to pick a new ability in your rotation, I notice a .5 second lag and you had to press it more than once. You are doing this on instinct, but like I said... you personally will not notice it until you get into close quarters combat like a Melee or start getting hit by a coupe mobs at once.

It's alright that the heal didn't land on the tank in time and wiped the raid, because this one time my Inquisitor had to cast his lightning twice for it to stick.

Always happens to my Jedi Shadows telekinetic throw. I hit the hot key, see the animation going and even the cast bar, but the enemy takes no damage, even though the mob reacts, the telekinetic throw icon, has no cool down on it. It did nothing. Sometimes I have to hit it again and again before it works.

Also the odd other ability doesn't even want to work sometimes, hotkey or mouse click. I have no debuff on me, and I can't cast it, yet another ability will work. So damn annoying. Certainly makes fights harder than they should have been. I'm just glad that the interrupt seems to work perfectly.

Edited by Krashh

When your GCD expires on all of your abilities allowing you to pick a new ability in your rotation, I notice a .5 second lag and you had to press it more than once. You are doing this on instinct, but like I said... you personally will not notice it until you get into close quarters combat like a Melee or start getting hit by a coupe mobs at once.

Ah I see. I dont' have to press it more than once, I just spam it since I'm used to wow. But there is indeed sometimes a very small lag between pressing the skill and it activating. Not always but it happens. I think this is a synchronization problem though. It seems sometimes it takes too long until the client and the server decide when the ability is off cd. Because I never get this when I'm using instant cast abilities.

Indeed when I put the ability queue to 1 second and started pressing it earlier the lag disappeared. Still this is not really a solution. I can see how this could be annoying to people that can see the lag without specifically looking for it but....damn are there really that many people that can detect a less than .5 second lag?

Ah I see. I dont' have to press it more than once, I just spam it since I'm used to wow. But there is indeed sometimes a very small lag between pressing the skill and it activating. Not always but it happens. I think this is a synchronization problem though. It seems sometimes it takes too long until the client and the server decide when the ability is off cd. Because I never get this when I'm using instant cast abilities.

Indeed when I put the ability queue to 1 second and started pressing it earlier the lag disappeared. Still this is not really a solution. I can see how this could be annoying to people that can see the lag without specifically looking for it but....damn are there really that many people that can detect a less than .5 second lag?

For you it is .5, for MOST level 50s... it can range to 3-4 seconds, a MUCH bigger of a difference. As a 50 tank, I have done nothing but improve my gear... imagine being stuck in a near infinite loop of defense animations, to the point your quickest action is being executed in literally 3-4 seconds (Sometimes longer.) and the better your gear gets, the worse it gets.

Edited by ExaltusKorran

For you it is .5, for level 50s... it can range to 3-4 seconds, a MUCH bigger of a difference. As a 50 tank, I have done nothing but improve my gear... imagine being stuck in a near infinite loop of defense animations, to the point your quickest action is being executed in literally 3-4 seconds (Sometimes longer.) and the better your gear gets, the worse it gets.

Don't worry, BW probably has a fix already!

Patch 1.11

- Gear is made worse due to ability delay

That's not the way I am reading it, but I can insert one word and make it sound better?

Well yeah it does. I won't ask you for proof that most have them since you obviously can't provide it. On the other hand I'll have to try level a melee character to see if it's worse for them.

I have to agree that unless they get that fixed, and soon, it is game breaking.

Game breaking for everyone is different because it is an opinion. I believe that it will be game breaking because so many have or will quit. An MMO without players is the most broken. TOR is quicky hemorraging players. At the current rate I believe that this will be the biggest or close to the biggest failure in MMO history. Such potential wasted.

I personally love the game. It gets frustrating but I'm a patient man and can wait and hope that they get this fixed. But I am starting to have my doubts. They don't own the engine and it is an intinsic flaw with Hero Engine. It's a turd plain and simple.

What worries me is that I'm starting to believe this is an engine issue and is working perfectly as intended, instead of designing the system around the smooth GCD that WoW and many other MMOs use, it instead tries and mimics an animation system that it commonly found in FPS games.

It is actually gamebreaking. When you're tanking several mobs at once you spend a lot of time in the parrying/deflecting animation and thus can't activate any skills.

Try pulling all 14 stealth trooper mobs in front of their bunker at once and you'll see what I mean.

Ah I see. I dont' have to press it more than once, I just spam it since I'm used to wow.

WOW? You sure? Because this sounds more like Warhammer to me. Everything is very similar to WAR, btw, starting from bugs and finishing with Good/Evil unbalance... Guess, this is the curse of Hero engine and Mifics presence in the team.