Cooldown shading color

Wyiizek

It's been brought up in the PvP forums but the new animation on our skillbars for showing when a move is on/off CD (the shading that moves down as it approaches being ready to be used) is now blue and makes it very difficult for me to tell when a skill is on of off CD because the skill is still LIT UP. Especially when it's close to being availalbe, it's hard to tell. Not only are we dealing with ability delay and stuttering, but managing our skill timers when it's hard to tell when they're off CD makes this even more of a frustration. Still love my sentinel, most fun class I've played in an MMO, but they really need to fix these issues and change the CD animation back.

Also, anyone know if some kind of graphical setting change will result in the change of this skillbar animation to a better one like before?

Add the fact that many Sentinel ability icons are made up by the same blue color as the CD shader and you'll realize how little thought actually went into the 1.1 patch. Giving the icons another color would have taken 5 minutes tops, be it in Photoshop or Paint... Edited by darthtoph

Fact that the server im on doesnt have enough 50's for adequate WZ que times - i could deal with this. Add in this new feature and the game is now unplayable for me.

I was going to resub next week when my free month was up.

Fact that the server im on doesnt have enough 50's for adequate WZ que times - i could deal with this. Add in this new feature and the game is now unplayable for me.

I was going to resub next week when my free month was up.

Really? Dramatic much? I don't like it either but that it makes the game "unplayable" for you is astounding to me.

Really? Dramatic much? I don't like it either but that it makes the game "unplayable" for you is astounding to me.

Im a Focus Spec'd Sentinel. Mean i rely on six main abilities for adequate damage (Force Leap, Crushing Leap, Force Stasis, Force Exhaustion, Force Sweep and Zealous Strike). All of which have a CD after use.

Unlike others i dont play on a monitor. My screen is a 52" LCD HDTV in my living room at 1920x1080 resolution. I 100% believe if you looked at the way this change indicates CD's on my current setup, and tried to play with it under these circumstances. You'd probably quit the game too.

Im a Focus Spec'd Sentinel. Mean i rely on six main abilities for adequate damage (Force Leap, Crushing Leap, Force Stasis, Force Exhaustion, Force Sweep and Zealous Strike). All of which have a CD after use.

Unlike others i dont play on a monitor. My screen is a 52" LCD HDTV in my living room at 1920x1080 resolution. I 100% believe if you looked at the way this change indicates CD's on my current setup, and tried to play with it under these circumstances. You'd probably quit the game too.

Well I stand corrected then. Quitting seems dramatic tho. How about trying a different class until BW corrects the change? I can't imagine they would leave it lilke this based on their customer-bases response.

Well I stand corrected then. Quitting seems dramatic tho. How about trying a different class until BW corrects the change? I can't imagine they would leave it lilke this based on their customer-bases response.

I watched hours upon hours of gameplay footage on this game trying to see if it was worth buying. Sentinel gameplay was the only class that looked fun to play (for me).

/signed

many times at the last 10 secs of cooldown left, it looks like its lit up and ready to be used only to fail making trying to survive as a sent already very difficult even more difficult and frustrating.

We are already broken, please stop trying to break even more!

Edited by PreDestined

TERRIBLE change. Makes the game frustrating and annoying now. I spend far too much time pressing buttons for abilities that LOOK like they are up, but actually aren't up yet.

Agreed, makes it very difficult & annoying to tell when cooldowns are up/not up/about to be up on my Sentinel.

neither are going anywhere it seems so sit back and relax.

I'm sitting back and relaxing, just wont renew my subscription. I only PvP, and play a class that requires high reaction time with management of CD's. This changes hinders both.