Ok so we know we are getting a new LFG system...

Reevax

Yea clearly so many quit that it's bankrupting them, OH WAIT.

The tool was introduced late in to development cycle of WoW and you attribute declining customers to this? There are many factors that make people quit WoW. Also, as a side note if I remember correctly (could be my memory playing tricks) but I remember a time after the LFG Tool was introduced the subscription numbers hit an all time high didn't it ? I certainly remember them hitting that high while the LFG tool was in use..

numbers stalled at 12 million for most over LK.

and yet you still don't know how many people quit, just how many people like to play wow in it's current form (which hasn'T changed that much for years). which makes it all guesswork. no one knows how the numbers would look like without x-shard, that's why the "DF makes a games successful" is a stupid argument. point in case: rift, even with x-shard way lower numbers.

Edited by Graburr

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to burst your bubble, you're not the target audience of modern MMOs. The people who use LFD are. Deal with it.

because people want to get items you only get via group/raid content, but don't want to DEAL with people - in an mMo nonetheless.

a company's first interest is to make money. they'll do whatever they can to get the maximum, however if that would be top priority, I wonder why there are other games created that are not wow or cod. maybe because of a different target audience? food for thought.

Just one problem, it dosent take 40min to que.

And u can still use the LFG channel or any other means u want to use to get a group thogether.

On the server i play people forming groups using /trade all day long.

Everyone get what they want so i dont see the problem with a LFG tool.

When i did still play it was 40 minutes if you had luck, thats at europe wow - maybe you played at asia or usa.

Anyways, the LFG tool does give many advantages like extra gear, no lockout etc. features you dont have by LFG chat.

In the end Blizz tried to force people to it, because they knew most people would not use it if it doesnt give some extra benefits.

But the biggest impact most likely was that the dungeons were totally ruined, by dumping them down for random groups.

In a random group you will have healers in dps spec, tanks who tank in pvp spec etc. such groups cant master harder content - so the nerfs must come in.

People ruin their own content like this, where is the fun if you can run through dungeons with your left feet?

No game should force people like that, wow died the day the LFG came. While some like that tool, many hate it and if BW is smart then they dont add such a tool unmodified. As soon the panda´s come, all those that want such a tool will be gone anyways, so its a waste of time to change a running game to their needs, just for some months.

I've said it once, i'll say it again.

LFD tool will be fine as long as it:

1, Doesn't teleport you to the instance entrence. I.E You have to know where to go (Not hard seeing as though you need to go to the fleet)

2, Isn't Cross Server! I play on an RP-PvP server, I don't wanna team up with Rofllolz6, PWNAG3 and IckcheeseD... Yes there is some **** names on my server but they are the minority.

I've said it once, i'll say it again.

LFD tool will be fine as long as it:

1, Doesn't teleport you to the instance entrence. I.E You have to know where to go (Not hard seeing as though you need to go to the fleet)

2, Isn't Cross Server! I play on an RP-PvP server, I don't wanna team up with Rofllolz6, PWNAG3 and IckcheeseD... Yes there is some **** names on my server but they are the minority.

1)

Most people do not socialize when on the run because they only want to be somewhere as fast as possible.

And teleporting directly into the instance probably makes the LFD much easier to implement.

2)

Names are a very different problem; like most problems wrongly related to the LFD.

1)

2)

Names are a very different problem; like most problems wrongly related to the LFD.

still, he has a point. there is a difference between someone who took the time to come up with a "proper" name and someone called fridgelicker. x-shard dumps you into a dungeon with them, unless you form your groups locally (the same way as it is right now - via chat).

not a big issue, but I can understand why people have a problem with that.

still, he has a point. there is a difference between someone who took the time to come up with a "proper" name and someone called fridgelicker. x-shard dumps you into a dungeon with them, unless you form your groups locally (the same way as it is right now - via chat).

not a big issue, but I can understand why people have a problem with that.

The problem is that on my server, there are not enough people to form a group.

I am not even picky.

And not to mention the requirements of tank, healer and damage.

1)

Most people do not socialize when on the run because they only want to be somewhere as fast as possible.

And teleporting directly into the instance probably makes the LFD much easier to implement.

2)

Why would it make it easier to implement? Making something teleport you to the fleet without using your Fleet Beacon would be harder, than just joining you in a group.

Whats socializing on the run got anything to do with LFD tool? People can slag WoW off as much as they want but the tick box idea would work. Plus with it been on the same server you can play with these people more often by friending them.

Yea crap*y names aren't directly related to a Cross-Server LFD tool but it would be something that would make people who don't want to bump into them as much have to put up with, thus a problem caused by Cross-Realm LFD.

Here we go the slippery slope to WOWdom.... sad. Next barber shops, dps meter spam, arena's, gearscore... oh and darth panda's :D

What can you possibly have against barber shops? Are you telling me characters in Star Wars universe NEVER EVER changed their haircut?

Just please PLEASE don't start crying for x-server LFD tools. Otherwise im gonna have to start trolling you.

Bioware's response sofar has been very promising. Hopefully they will figure out a good and efficient, same-server, LFD tool that will make finding groups for all group content easier. Dare I prey .. even pvp? Even open world pvp?

Please Bioware .. learn from the lich king's wrath.

honestly ... i dont get why ppl cry for this all the time...

so far i can only remember two occasions out of maybe a hundred where i actually had to look for more then 5min. to find a flashpoint group...

filling up your friends list with people youve played before actually helps...

yeah well the thing is most lets say people so i dont get warned.. is used to get everything for free and dont want to spend 5min finding/creating a group because in other games they press "i" and then join queue and they even get teleported to the instance.. so why should they have to do something in this game?? thats how most "peoples" mind work these days..

The problem is that on my server, there are not enough people to form a group.

I am not even picky.

And not to mention the requirements of tank, healer and damage.

dualspec should (hopefully) help with the tank/heal shortage, but it will never be fixed - DD is the least stressful job.

as for population, that's a relative problem. player time, faction population, level range... sooner or later everybody will be 50, which means more people. you can always try on planets for the levelrange of the instance, most people quest and don't sit in the fleet, but won't mind doing an instance.

I'm not saying the current lfg-solution is the best there is, but it works. and there is a difference between a serverwide chat, a more powerful lfg-tool, a server DF and a cross-shard DF, yet most people lump it all together.

I never really understood that one. Do some people find watching load screens fun? Or riding a speeder through an area you've seen million times? Or just standing at the entrance to the instance, not doing anything, WAITING for others to arrive?

Seriously?

So it;s your fault :D

:)

Until Bioware and some people acknowledge that are could be more than one way to play and enjoy the game.

Give the player more choice and there will be less complaints.

This game follows very strictly the "one and only way as intended by Bioware".

E.g. cumbersome travel, costly and cumbersome respec, limitation to 25 missions, no ingame char editor,...

I doubt that this will change in the future if people do not complain as they do now.

Just please PLEASE don't start crying for x-server LFD tools. Otherwise im gonna have to start trolling you.

Bioware's response sofar has been very promising. Hopefully they will figure out a good and efficient, same-server, LFD tool that will make finding groups for all group content easier. Dare I prey .. even pvp? Even open world pvp?

Please Bioware .. learn from the lich king's wrath.

If a tool then xrealm, because we allready have a server only tool.

:)

I doubt that this will change in the future if people do not complain as they do now.

people will always complain anyway. ;)

as for the guild, a guild is first and foremost a group of likeminded people. I'm pretty sure you won't be happy in a progression guild, but I also doubt you are the only one on your server that plays the game casually.

we still have people in the 20/30 levelrange in our guild, it all comes down to finding the right people.

it's not "one and only way" - you just don't get served everything on a platter (or a simple button...)

Edited by Graburr

I never really understood that one. Do some people find watching load screens fun? Or riding a speeder through an area you've seen million times? Or just standing at the entrance to the instance, not doing anything, WAITING for others to arrive?

Seriously?

different game different rules. wow's instances were all over the place, and except ilum in tor everything is on the fleet (a direct ilum shuttle would be a very nice addition tho...)

If a tool then xrealm, because we allready have a server only tool.

Well when that day happens, ill be leaving .. just like I did with Rift. An MMO simply isn't an MMO anymore when I spend extreme amounts of time with 100s of people that are programmed to not give a damn about anything except how fast they can gain badges.

No its not.

The amount of people available is the same.

Lets say a group does need 10 players and 100 or 1000 are online. Then you can form 10 groups or 100 groups.

Still every group can only have 10 players, which again means 1/10 players are available for every group leader to choose from.

You have more groups, but not more choice if it comes to inviting people.

While there will never be every player in a group, it shows quite well that the % amount of group willing people does never change.

The amount of people available is the same? How do you work that one out? 100 people available... 1000 people available... granted that there could be 90 of the 100 that wan't to dungeon and only 50 of the 1000 that wanted to do a dungeon, but there is more chance of finding someone that wants to do a dungeon with greater numbers to choose from.

Edited by Garvielix

Wait....

They are seriously going to add a LFG system?

Just because those who power leveled to 50 can't find people for flashpoints?

Give it some time, in a month or 2 there will be many many more 50's.

People are just taking their time enjoying the leveling up and exploring different classes.

This is just stupid really to make changes like this now.

They should wait and see how things turn out when the majority is lvl 50.

So why would I want a cross server LFG tool if I dont have a problem finding a group? It seems like it might make it harder for me and ruin the friendship building that comes from teaming up on the same server.

Hey can you guys help me with my class quest after this? Ahh we'd love to but we're not on your server. Dang that sucks, alright well do you want to take down the world boss? No we cant help you, shut your whining hole and pull ffs. Its cool, see you on the fleet maybe?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.