The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I told you so....

krakken

I knew this game was meh during beta.. I didnt mind tho because I played Rift for a few months and cancelled my account.. Before that I played WoW up until Burning Crusade.. I also messed with Champions Online and DCUO for the first free month.. I know a meh MMORPG when I see one and I knew I would only play SWTOR for a month or two... So you didnt tell me. I knew it would be meh...

I've found the majority of the angry people fall into one of three groups.

1. KotOR fans - Assumed this would be KotOR3, it wasn't.

2. WoW transfers - Assumed this game would be as polished as WoW, Bioware's first MMO wasn't polished.

3. Noobs - Didn't even know what an MMO was.

And took alot of flak for it. This game has panned out exactly as I have been telling you guys for over 3 years. It didnt take a rocket scientist to put all the clues together that this game was going to be a looser of game. I got smart and unsubbed earlier today because I knew bioware would pull some crap switch up on how to cancel. Go look up my posts, they say it all. I have taken alot of heat in here, fanbois who are now pm ing me and apologizing for what they said for now they agree with me. Today and tommorow will be my last posts because there are bigger and better mmo's like Infinity quest for earth that is advancing nicely and will show these one trick pony devs that sandbox is the future of mmo's. BW should have never been allowed to produce this game from the beginning and just proves the fact that they might be good at games like mass effect but should never be allowed to do a genre they have never tried. For those who stay I am glad that you can find solice and entertainment in a rinse and repeat game, for the more complex players like myself and others this game is about as exciting as wizard 101, and I am probably insulting the wizard guys.

Yeah, I was really hard on the devs, the producers, game designers and pretty much the whole crew and they deserved it. This is the price gaming company pay when their whole gaming strategy is to just copy other games. BW story isnt enough. You need to get that through your thick heads. Story should always be an option but not the main pillar of play. Your biggest mistake, you just made the same game that people have left for the last 5 years. Like I said read my posts. You will see now how this game is already started on the decline as the fastest player drain and the biggest disapointment in MMO history. Something I have been saying for years also. BW you got what you deserve and you know they are on the defensive when they start hiding the cancel buttons. That says it all.

The swtor forums are not a place to look for self esteem mate.

I can guarentee you that within 1 minute of you leaving your place will be filled. You won't be missed. Your opinions won't be missed. Noone will look up your old forum posts. Your name will not live on in people's minds. You will be gone and all of us will instantly move on. Nothing you did/said/thought will linger on in TOR. Nothing.

I hope you enjoy your next game but is there any chance you can leave now and not tomorrow?

Umm yeah story is where it is at, not sitting at max level running the same crap over and over again just so you can bolster your low self esteem. Simple solution, don't like the game, then don't play it. Those of us who do like it won't miss you and certainly will not mss your presence here on these forums one little bit.

I thought we were talking MMO's here? Before you know it, people will start referring Farmville as example :rolleyes:

This was in reference to someone that said sandbox was dead. Had no referense to a mmo sandbox. Go look at Infinity quest for earth. A totaly sandbox game with no levels, an optional storyline, ground to space to ground flight, and an endless universe which is at now over 8 million solar systems to explore and exploit. Now thats ground breaking.

well there's 40 million playing mine craft which is a 100% sandbox game in an alpha stage.

And what is minecraft all about ?

Me meself and I !!!

Oh don´t forget formula to minecraft is simply put sell virtual goods ...

And they got what a asian grinder ... that is out in millions forms on the IPAD IPHONE .

Honestly lets not forget farmville if you want to go that route 95 million people playing it !

So you want to call farmville a MMO too ?

Yay! Maybe these forums can now be about what this game IS (theme park/similar to WoW) and not what it isn't (crap pile that was Galaxies). Please take all the other Galaxies/sandbox fanboys with you and attempt to make/play a lasting game of that genre. Or maybe you can turn you praise to GW2 for now, until it releases, and then you can whine about that one, too.

Theme parks? Are they really the pinnacle of MMOs? A monorail online experience that everyone experiences the same with the exception of a few unbelievably fantastical class quests?

You're praising this game for being similar to WoW? The reason WoW is so popular is it is aimed at the lowest common denominator of MMO players. It is absolutely the easiest MMO to pick up and play without any prior MMO experience. To me, that is not something to brag about. Instead, you should look to SWGs crafting system or EVE online which both contain very complicated but rewarding systems that take a certain degree of intelligence to work out and find success in.

Either way, this game was absolutely aimed at consumers like you. No desire to attempt a difficult task that requires learning or an active brain cell. I will continue to play this game for a while for the sole reason that this is (I guess?) Star Wars. In my opinion, there aren't very many redeeming qualities to this game.

The swtor forums are not a place to look for self esteem mate.

I can guarentee you that within 1 minute of you leaving your place will be filled. You won't be missed. Your opinions won't be missed. Noone will look up your old forum posts. Your name will not live on in people's minds. You will be gone and all of us will instantly move on. Nothing you did/said/thought will linger on in TOR. Nothing.

I hope you enjoy your next game but is there any chance you can leave now and not tomorrow?

Who is he anyway?

That was sarcasm, I don't really care lol

Wow so you knew how it would end but were dumb enough to give them $60. They are born every minute.

I think it's worse than that. I bet he probably is dumb enough to pay for a multimonth sub and will still be around the forums to tell us all so for quite some time.

This was in reference to someone that said sandbox was dead. Had no referense to a mmo sandbox. Go look at Infinity quest for earth. A totaly sandbox game with no levels, an optional storyline, ground to space to ground flight, and an endless universe which is at now over 8 million solar systems to explore and exploit. Now thats ground breaking.

I'm pretty sure the guy was talking about sandbox MMORPG's, since the discussion is about MMO's.

Hi there!

We ask that all new threads posted here in General Discussion be on-topic and relevant to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. With that in mind, we have closed this thread.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.