Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

Thank you :)

I think its done right too, why should people who aren't bothered to actually keep subscribing get one anyways? It should be for those who are remaining loyal and staying with the game from the start.

Why should someone who created an account in December get the title over someone who created an account in July and Beta tested the game?

Sort of like..............oh wait.

Guess you are not aware that beta testers suggested such a thing for themselves and were given the finger.

Edited by Zezel

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should someone who created an account in December get the title over someone who created an account in July and Beta tested the game?

Sort of like..............oh wait.

Guess you are not aware that beta testers suggested such a thing for themselves and were given the finger.

What does joining date on forums got to do with anything? Ive waited this game for 2 years for nothing. And i paid for for it before it got released. Just cause i didnt have anything to say on forums before release doesnt mean that i heard about this game first time at december.

Where is the anger coming from? They made a mistake that people benefited from. Now they want the rest of the community to benefit as well. I think it's a brilliant marketing move. Blizzard was never this clever. Edited by JackWilliam

Where is the anger coming from? They made a mistake that people benefited from. Now they want the rest of the community to benefit as well. I think it's a brilliant marketing move. Blizzard was never this clever.

Any sensible person will see the marketing ploy for what it is, the rest, of course, will thank them for their generosity.

Any sensible person will see the marketing ploy for what it is, the rest, of course, will thank them for their generosity.

I consider myself sensible. I refuse to view this wonderful gesture as nothing more than a ploy. I would hate to walk through life so cynical.

Where is the anger coming from? They made a mistake that people benefited from. Now they want the rest of the community to benefit as well. I think it's a brilliant marketing move. Blizzard was never this clever.

They are trying to keep canceled subs or some of em by giving an tittle if you continue and pay for playing. Blizzard gave free game time with no strings attached.

Edited by Forsbacka

They are trying to keep canceled subs or some of em by giving an tittle if you continue and pay for playing. Blizzard gave free game time with no strings attached.

I do think Blizzard is a great company; I'm sorry it came off as anything less.

Edited by JackWilliam

I consider myself sensible. I refuse to view this wonderful gesture as nothing more than a ploy. I would hate to walk through life so cynical.

It's not so bad, really! You should try it.

On a more serious note: Almost anything would've been better than this... nonsense, really. Maybe a public apology about the state of the game? Maybe the promise of more transparency on their development? Anything worthwhile would've helped. This doesn't.

It's not so bad, really! You should try it.

On a more serious note: Almost anything would've been better than this... nonsense, really. Maybe a public apology about the state of the game? Maybe the promise of more transparency on their development? Anything worthwhile would've helped. This doesn't.

I've enjoyed the game immensely I guess. I'll be sorry to see everyone go.

I can't wait until all you cry babies leave tomorrow. I thought it was good entertainment to hear all these people complain and cry about the shortcomings of this game, but now it's just getting annoying.

The game needs some fixing, I know that, but I'm still going to play and pay bioware next month and maybe the next month after that. I am going to give them a chance.

Please go back to Wow or whatever game you came from and don't come back.

i'll be hanging out in Rift if you need me

Holy hell...119 pages of pure unadulterated nerd rage.

I understand that the people who did this are completely different people from the ones who made the medals, but this may be the most Epic Fail in communication between Dev's and Players I've ever seen...sorry guys.

It makes me sad seeing so many people Unsub because I really want this game to do well because I'm enjoying it despite its flaws.

Edited by DarthHeir

Seriously?

I don't think the game is nearly in as bad a shape as people claim, I don't have even half the problems other people are having. With that said, I do feel bad for people who know what they're doing and are still having a hell of a time running the game.

I think a title is the easy way out. If they want to show that they're so proud of us for sticking to their game even while it has its problem, they should do something a little more spectacular. I'm not a part of the "I want free things in addition to the things I'm already given" crowd, I just think if they are going to give out an early adoption goody, then it should be a little more worthwhile.

I vote for a mini at-at vanity pet. Maybe med-small dog size. Or possibly a Mini X-wing vanity pet that hovers near you. Hell, it could switch to "attack mode" when in combat just to make it interesting. Doesn't have to fire. I know they aren't from the same time period, but at this point who cares? I can already run around as a Han Solo clone.

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

Are we going to have Lifetime Subs next BW?? What a pitiful attempt to bring people into the fold.