Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get the reference. Zappos?

And no, its not acceptable for either company. Cryptic answers a lot of threads with STO (save the jeering, please) so why cant Blizz and Bioware?!

Zappos is a shoe retailer on the web.

Their customer service is legendary.

As an example, if you call them and ask for a pizza, they will (allegedly) look up your address, look up the nearest pizza place, and order one for you.

back at launch, Blizz sucked, but at least they had community people that tried to talk to people.

That doesn't appear to be the case here.

Hence a bit of hyperbole on my part.

I have gone from hopeful, disappointed, angry, perplexed, and finally actually sorry for some of the employees for this game who put their heart and soul into TOR until one of the non gamer, higher up, greedy wall street types ruined the game in the name of short term lazy backstabbing profits. Which I hope is what happened, and not just all around pure laziness.

Even if they planned to give that weeks ago, considering the current events they should have postponed. It was a not-so-smart decision not to.

If this is really a attempt to keep ppl here, that to me is an insult. No a smart thing to do it too.

What can we conclude from that?

EDIT: lets not forget that it should only be applied to pre-orders.

Edited by Drahkor

pfft... useless garbage... just like the CE.

Wish I hadn't wasted my money on the CE, it was the worst package I have ever seen from an mmo. Total rip off.

I like the PvE storylines in SWTOR, they are new and refreshing in mmos. So I will continue to subscribe for a couple months just for them.

But everything else about this game is mediocre to total garbage. And I have discontinued my 6 month sub because of it. 2 months, maybe 3 is all this game is good for.

Bioware, please ignore the people that, despite apparently hating your game, want nothing more than to troll its forums for hours and hours.

This is a fun reward for being here while you guys work out the kinks. When I see it years from now I can look back fondly at some of the bugs and think about all the strides the game will have made by then. Keep up the hard work, and just remember that all those people playing right now are probably having a good time in the world you created.

Isn't this like the fourth time you've pasted this exact same paragraph in this exact same thread? Are you a robot? Someone reboot this guy!!!

all I read was "Please please PLEASE pay for at least a couple more months before this game goes free to play.. we could really use the money.. and hey; we have cutscenes!"

Come on guys! Give us a chance! We'll give you a medal!

It's just you. This was set up by the marketing department months ago, I'm certain. Things like this don't happen overnight- just writing the tools to give these kinds of rewards would take weeks to dev and test.

This was probably planned from the early stages of the game; the idea of in-game rewards for players for loyalty, holidays, or just fun is not a new one and this is just our first exposure to it.

sure, I bet the marketing department though it would be a good idea to let the info out 3 hours before subscriptions are going to charge too, right?

also, re: your "new content is always broken" comment

I can grant you that, but ask yourself how they can be dumb enough to put out new broken content when the old content is also broken? I'll tell you why, because "First major content patch 1.1!" sounds much better on video game news sites than "bugs from beta still exist in final product"

I dare say that the problem with this game and many more to come is:

Design by committee.

What you need is one dictator with a vision. No meddling corporate men or a populist mentality that every little grunt has a say.

That way it's easier to point a finger when the whole thing goes south.

I don't see why you guys are complaining. Nearly everyone who paid for a single month will get this.

Oh wait, now I remember.

The majority of you clowns are trolls who won't be getting this because they quit and only signed up to troll in the first place.

Hey, i'm getting paid to do this. Hate all you want

Seriously so much whining... I have on this games website for three hours and this is like all I see. This game has only been in release mode for what... lets see 29 days... That is not a lot of time. Give the game time before assuming the publisher and developer are useless... My god... so much complaining...

You haven't play World of Warcraft, have you? This is pretty good compared to WoW's community relations.

Disagree, had to reinstall my authenticator for my WoW account last week in preparation of the SWTOR doom. Was on the phone 10 minutes, standard security questions, done.

Then I went rack to Rift and other F2P/P2P games, BTW did you know Rift has 5 graphic settings and AA that works?

Edited by Zezel

Seriously so much whining... I have on this games website for three hours and this is like all I see. This game has only been in release mode for what... lets see 29 days... That is not a lot of time. Give the game time before assuming the publisher and developer are useless... My god... so much complaining...

This is exactly what the FFXIV fanboys said and look at their game now.

The majority of you clowns are trolls who won't be getting this because they quit and only signed up to troll in the first place.

the fact that you said this speaks volumes on how ill informed you are. going to go out on a limb and guess most people arent in the business of spending 50-100+ dollars on a game to troll their forums. if we wanted to do that we could just go make kids angry on 4chan for free.

thinking before you post, i know its hard :(

I don't see why you guys are complaining. Nearly everyone who paid for a single month will get this.

Oh wait, now I remember.

/failed logic

Yes I paid for digital deluxe in July(? 2011) to have access to forums in January 2012.

BTW shouldn't you be in game not on the forum with us quitting "trolls?"