Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Can you change your advanced class choice?

DarkMagnus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There doesnt need to be a feature implemented to change imo. You in reality choose a class at lvl 10 after learning the basics of the character , It would be in WoW terms (sorry) the equivelant of switching from a rogue to a warrior

I just chose the wrong one confusing the names for the descriptions. Stupid me. Will a GM ticket help?

You got 2 choices

1)

Start a new avatar . Not as bad as it sound just 10 level so 1 days or 2 . You know the story and all the quest .

2)

Keep it and try to enjoy it .

If I made this type of mistake and I was sure I would not enjoy . I would start a new one . You have all the time in the world , so do one you will like .

Edited by gamafarr

There doesnt need to be a feature implemented to change imo. You in reality choose a class at lvl 10 after learning the basics of the character , It would be in WoW terms (sorry) the equivelant of switching from a rogue to a warrior

I tend to agree.

Basically, Advanced Classes allow a 10-level "grace period" to experiment with basic role differences. This is much more time than most mmo's on the market. If these mmo's don't allow you to chance your class, I don't see SWTOR allowing advanced class changes (since they're giving you more opportunity to avoid the error).

That may not be what people necessarily wan to hear, but that's just my guess as to how BW will feel about the issue.

During comic-con they acctually stated that you would be able to change your advanced class,it would be very difficult but you could do it if you realized you picked the wrong one. although since this was a while ago so im not sure if they have changed this.

as you can see in this vid, (from 05:16). Although as I stated this may have been changed. I dont really know.

This should be a simple change up to about level 20 when it could get "burnt" in.

I think it is utterly ridiculous to enforce such a severe choice on a player when there is absolutely no way they can know what either Advance Class really plays like. The lack of an ability to change the AC , in my view, is a timesink for $$$ strategy.

I'd prefer they keep Advanced class changes out of the game.

But if they decide to allow it, make it very difficult and something you just cannot do on the fly.

I do not mind them allowing on the fly changes within your advanced class, but not changing the whole thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.