Sage PvP Gear = Homeless Clown

KamujinKravshera

I think my biggest gripe about the game is that you can't mod out orange gear for PvP. I really think that was a mistake.

My fulled geared Sage Champion looks like a homeless clown now. He looked way cooler at 40. I realize that this is a very subjective opinion, but wasn't that the whole point of orange gear?

BTW, ridiculously oversized shoulders and gloves are soo... <that other game>.

/rant off

I think my biggest gripe about the game is that you can't mod out orange gear for PvP. I really think that was a mistake.

My fulled geared Sage Champion looks like a homeless clown now. He looked way cooler at 40. I realize that this is a very subjective opinion, but wasn't that the whole point of orange gear?

/rant off

Go read the dev tracker. They've already discussed how they're changing this so you won't have to wear a look you don't like at endgame anymore.

Go read the dev tracker. They've already discussed how they're changing this so you won't have to wear a look you don't like at endgame anymore.

Here's hoping they'll add more orange light armor to the game that isn't tights or skirts.

I dunno.. I looked at some of the lvl 50 PVP gear and liked the looks of it better than the Level 40 PvP which makes all male characters look feminine.

It will be nice when I can pull the mods out of Ops gear and put into my orange pieces because I've FINALLY got an outfit I like with pants and not a skirt.

/rant off

You can do the dailies to get everything but the Expertise... That's about all you can do bro.

Here it the quote about set stats going to be taken over and being modable in future updates:

The current situation with end game gear and item modifications isn’t final and, in fact, many community members like yourself have correctly guessed at what our plans to correct the current design are.

Since this is a fairly important issue to many players, let me disclose more details about what is currently in the work regarding purple items and mods:

- All partially moddable purple items will be made fully moddable again, allowing the removal of the armoring, hilt and barrel.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

As usual, the caveats about unfinished work apply, but this should give you and the community a very good idea of our intentions. We are serious about making custom gear an entirely valid alternative to end game gear and we support the players’ ability to customize their appearance all the way to (and including) end game.

Emmanuel Lusinchi

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1398252#edit1398252

Edited by Kyomih

They're going to add in the ability to remove all mods from top end armor, place them in any other orange set and get the set bonuses, they know it's a problem.

This. ^ It was already mentioned by a Dev that this is in the works. Just hold out for a little while longer and you'll be able to mod out your custom gear to your heart's content. :)

Consular gear in general is not all that attractive for male or female toons. I prefer the tops that have the long robe look to them instead of the regular close fitting long-sleeve shirt style (I like the way my character looks so I wanna see it!). But the problem is, the robes with hoods look better - they are simpler, close fitting, no fancy shoulderpads or designs that make no sense. Except I don't want a hood, so I'm stuck with the big shoulderpads styles and I don't like that either! I've been looking around and haven't found an orange top I really like yet, although I'm sure there's plenty I just haven't found yet. Edited by Leiloni

I still use the lvl 20 pvp gear with current ~lvl mods (41). Only gear imho looks good on my female sage. Only annoying thing it has a dodgy overlapping texture around the waist... Being able to put in mods from lvl 50 armour sounds sweet.

Ditto, I've been rocking that lvl 20 PVP set (the white robe, forget what it's called...) since I hit 20. The overlap of the waist looks a little weird sometimes, but it looks far cooler than any other sage gear I've seen.