3 PM PST; 6PM EST; not a single heavy server.

Mannic

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every server is light or standard in NA as I write this.

In the world there are 5 "heavy servers."

Server pop were increased. at launch they were set to 50 % to force people on to other servers to avoid ques for weeks instead of days. personaly i think it was stupid now all the servers are feeling light populatiosn . luckily im on spaceslug that server is very active, eventually they will have to merge 50% of their servers

The fans will tell you its because people are at work. Or that BW did a stealth server optimizations today so that 10 million people can log into each server. Many of us saw this coming. Sooner or later, BW will NEED to merge servers. But, they probably won't do this until its too late...

Server pop were increased. at launch they were set to 50 % to force people on to other servers to avoid ques for weeks instead of days. personaly i think it was stupid now all the servers are feeling light populatiosn . luckily im on spaceslug that server is very active, eventually they will have to merge 50% of their servers

Looks to me like they could start merging servers immediately. Definitely after the exodus in the next 2-3 days.

I know games like this skew towards high-schoolers and college-age folks, but us working stiffs usually pull 9-5. So at 6pm EST you have three timezones where people are still at work and one where they are just getting home. Try again around 8-9 EST for a more accurate metric.

You know people may not immediately run home and log in - there is a little thing called life.

I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe it will rise in the next few hours.

Last night when I checked there were still a few "full" servers and many more "heavy" servers at this same time.

I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe it will rise in the next few hours.

Last night when I checked there were still a few "full" servers and many more "heavy" servers at this same time.

Of course it will rise. From where I'm sitting, it's 3:00 in the afternoon.

Watch the excuses roll in. People are at work. People are still on holiday. Bioware increased the server capacities.

Fact is, people are leaving the game in droves and todays patch probably pushed many people to cancel when they were on the fence. The very fact that there is such an extreme drop in server pops is a good indication that this game has had a large number of players all ready bail on it.

Edit: Make that 3 now.

3pm PST...People at work. Same for 4pm MST and 5pm CST. I don't know about you but most people actually work at work, not play computer games. 6pm EST...people getting home from work and sitting down to eat dinner and relax after work...again can't really play computer games while eating dinner unless you grabbed something from the drive thru.

In other words it's not really a surprise that the servers are light or standard during these times.

Watch the excuses roll in. People are at work. People are still on holiday. Bioware increased the server capacities.

Fact is, people are leaving the game in droves and todays patch probably pushed many people to cancel when they were on the fence. The very fact that there is such an extreme drop in server pops is a good indication that this game has had a large number of players all ready bail on it.

Sadly this is true

Can't play when I'm at work. Most people with 9-5. I work till 5:30-6 and takes about hour to get home. Then I have stuff to do at home before I can play games.

This reminds of a thread I saw the other day when someone complained there was only 10 people on his planet.... He posted it at 4 in the morning.

Because its not prime time?? Wow.. I know I'M still at work.. Are you IN GAME?? or just whining on the forums?

Can't speak for other time zones, but when west coast hits 6 PM almost all the servers are heavy and have been so all week. I had queues on Fri, Sat and Sun.

Can't play when I'm at work. Most people with 9-5. I work till 5:30-6 and takes about hour to get home. Then I have stuff to do at home before I can play games.

This reminds of a thread I saw the other day when someone complained there was only 10 people on his planet.... He posted it at 4 in the morning.

I play in the kumugah server the max peeps i saw in the republic fleet were 30

Now you can take your conclusions... or we merge some low servers or we lose those players in low servers

Problem is, WoW is literally the ONLY game where the "sky is falling" threads weren't absolutely true.

Well, no. Those same threads came up in LotRO too, and that game continues to do well.

Actually, I've played or beta tested over 25 MMOs, and I cannot think of a single one where there weren't these same kinds of Chicken Little threads. There are ALWAYS some people who are absolutely convinced that because they do not like something, nobody else will either, and they won't shut up about it.

And, 99% of the time, these threads are completely out of touch with objective reality. That is to say, the complaints might be valid, but the conclusions (the game is DYING now) are not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.