Is valor stored in a SQL database?

Torothin

Umm any DBA knows that you have daily differential backups for storing data on this level. What do you mean no just no? Do you have any idea as to what you are talking about? Everyone is screaming for a roll back I'm giving BW advice on how to do this roll back.

Umm any DBA knows that you have daily differential backups for storing data on this level. What do you mean no just no? Do you have any idea as to what you are talking about? Everyone is screaming for a roll back I'm giving BW advice on how to do this roll back.

And how do they do this rollback without destroying the levels and PvE progress done by everybody in the mean time?

"OMG ROLLBACK!" is not nearly as practical as it sounds. Doing it without causing so much collateral damage that it'll cause the forums to blow up isn't simple. They actually need to rollback only valor gained from Ilum.

It can be done through queries yes. Are we all in agreement that from an IT perspective this is a very easy fix. This is of course assuming that whoever developed the databases set everything up properly and made sure everything was relational...This may be way they have not rolled it back yet....

It's possible to roll back valor alone for certain. It seems unlikely that they record HOW you got valor, however, so don't bother doing WZs.

People who can't write their own SQL out of this thread now.

DELETE FROM Thread WHERE SQL_Level = 0

Edited by bewl

It can be done through queries yes. Are we all in agreement that from an IT perspective this is a very easy fix. This is of course assuming that whoever developed the databases set everything up properly and made sure everything was relational...This may be way they have not rolled it back yet....

Seriously... LOL @ you for even thinking you understand Bioware's DB architecture enough to even slightly suggest how to rollback a problem. You sound like a Project Manager who thinks they are just as smart as the devs because they are privy to buzzwords and buzzphrases thrown around the office.

Edited by Paralassa
content

I wonder if they're using SQSH

If they are using SQL what kind of database interaction are we talking about sounds fascinating to me... I use SQL daily with a mapping program and Solaris and Oracle databases but mannnnnn I would love to know how SQL works in association with an MMO..

Seriously... LOL @ you for even thinking you understand Bioware's DB architecture enough to even slightly suggest how to rollback a problem. You sound like a Project Manager who thinks they are just as smart as the devs because they are privy to buzzwords and buzzphrases thrown around the office.

Lol, you just described my boss perfectly. All politics but no experience in what we (my team) do.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote