1.1 - Hats off to Bioware! You've earned my subscription.

Lunchboxzt

Amber / Allison if you're reading this please pass on to some decision makers at Bioware.

It's been a rocky first month, and I will be honest, my faith in the longevity of this game faltered a few times. Coming to the forums and reading nothing but walls of negativity (in nearly every subforum), reading about all the bugs I have already been aware of, and new ones I wasn't, it had me down. Monday night I brought a group of semi casual players to [HARD] Bonethrasher only to get repeatedly owned by his AoE damage, we also attempted Soa for 45 minutes or so trying to figure out how to deal with the massive damage and large radius of the lightning balls. Just last week I tried doing [HARD] Revan for about two hours.. that was painful. Killed several bosses in this game just to see the chest stay red.. that sucked.

Walked into [HARD] Eternity Vault and scratched our head a few times when the turrets waxed the healers in the first 2 seconds of the first fight. Got frustrated when I bought the wrong Tionese boots because I couldn't see the set bonus (still have an open ticket on that btw)

And now here we are, on January 18th. and I read that most all of my top pain points are being addressed, AND new content has been added. I'm very excited to check out the new bosses in Karaggs palace.

So here's what I have to say.

WELL DONE! The patch was postponed very late into the night Monday, with no clear timelines. I am certain that a lot of decision making was going on in the late hours of Monday night at Bioware, and I must say, I am very impressed. You could have waited until next Tuesday, but instead you pushed forward and got it out Wednesday, as a guild that raids on Thursday nights, I appreciate that.

There's no doubt the game was pressured for a December release, and you probably weren't ready. But now seeing the wide breadth of bug fixes in 1.1, you have my Subscription for the foreseeable future. I am very impressed with the speed and ability to handle these situations in a timely manner, and am excited to see what you have in store for the player community!

Please continue crushing bugs, tuning 16 man Operations, adding exciting and challenging content, keep working at that new UI, and I have no doubt this game will be around for a long long time (which is what we all want).

TL;DR:

Great Job Bioware, please keep up the hard work!!!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And now here we are, on January 18th. and I read that most all of my top pain points are being addressed,

So you haven't actually logged in yet? You might want to wait until you do before spreading the praise bucket around.

Edited by DJCobbSalad

Amber / Allison if you're reading this please pass on to some decision makers at Bioware.

It's been a rocky first month, and I will be honest, my faith in the longevity of this game faltered a few times. Coming to the forums and reading nothing but walls of negativity (in nearly every subforum), reading about all the bugs I have already been aware of, and new ones I wasn't, it had me down. Monday night I brought a group of semi casual players to [HARD] Bonethrasher only to get repeatedly owned by his AoE damage, we also attempted Soa for 45 minutes or so trying to figure out how to deal with the massive damage and large radius of the lightning balls. Just last week I tried doing [HARD] Revan for about two hours.. that was painful. Killed several bosses in this game just to see the chest stay red.. that sucked.

Walked into [HARD] Eternity Vault and scratched our head a few times when the turrets waxed the healers in the first 2 seconds of the first fight. Got frustrated when I bought the wrong Tionese boots because I couldn't see the set bonus (still have an open ticket on that btw)

And now here we are, on January 18th. and I read that most all of my top pain points are being addressed, AND new content has been added. I'm very excited to check out the new bosses in Karaggs palace.

WELL DONE! The patch was postponed very late into the night Monday, with no clear timelines. I am certain that a lot of decision making was going on in the late hours of Monday night at Bioware, and I must say, I am very impressed. You could have waited until next Tuesday, but instead you pushed forward and got it out Wednesday, as a guild that raids on Thursday nights, I appreciate that.

There's no doubt the game was pressured for a December release, and you probably weren't ready. But now seeing the wide breadth of bug fixes in 1.1, you have my Subscription for the foreseeable future. I am very impressed with the speed and ability to handle these situations in a timely manner, and am excited to see what you have in store for the player community!

Please continue crushing bugs, tuning 16 man Operations, adding exciting and challenging content, keep working at that new UI, and I have no doubt this game will be around for a long long time (which is what we all want).

TL;DR:

I completely agree.

And these forums are full of negativity because the people that actually like the game, like me, are playing it, not crying on a forum. ;)

I agree, they have been pretty good about minimal server downtime, and addressing the more pertinent issues that can be solved quickly.

I am VERY MUCH looking forward to the "Free 30" wearing off that all the naysayers and negative posters are about finished with so I can continue to enjoy the game without having to read or watch them complain about every little thing in the game.

Sure, there's things to be fixed still, some of them bigger issues, but that doesn't ruin the game for me. If it did, I wouldn't be a gamer, because it's happened in every game launch I have been in...

I agree, they have been pretty good about minimal server downtime, and addressing the more pertinent issues that can be solved quickly.

I am VERY MUCH looking forward to the "Free 30" wearing off that all the naysayers and negative posters are about finished with so I can continue to enjoy the game without having to read or watch them complain about every little thing in the game.

Sure, there's things to be fixed still, some of them bigger issues, but that doesn't ruin the game for me. If it did, I wouldn't be a gamer, because it's happened in every game launch I have been in...

X1000

Those of us with experience know what it is like. The first months of many MMOs I recall were a LOT rougher than this. Heck WoW went six with without a major patch and even longer with no content upgrades. My guess is most of the naysayers on here are too young to remember.

TL;DR:

This is PRO!

You good Sir, will have a heartily filled chest of gold pieces as many a patron will cross this bridge.

glad to see some positive comments. I love this game and overall am very pleased with 1.1. The Illum issue does need to be fixed and I'm confident it will be. People expecting them to change something only hours after it being released need to get a clue. They made a mistake, now let them fix it.