The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Forced rerolls wouldn't even be needed, I'm sure alot of people would happily switch their Empire characters to republic seeing how bad it has gotten lately, I know I would in a heartbeat. Though there's no way I am remaking my characters as republic from scratch at this point.

Funny thing is most of my guild memebers have been considering rerolling Republic because of today, but most of us have hit 60 already or are very close and we just can't be bothered to do it all again (and no, we havnt been in Ilum all day)

If Bioware gave me a choice for a faction change i'd take it in a second.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet Blizzard are LMFAO at the moment.

Just can't believe you held the patch back for more testing and then release this *****.

People should be held accountable for these "Potential Issues" that have slipped through. Easy to foresee, Easy to fix....only thing sinking faster than SWTOR was the titanic.

Update your C.V's Bio Chumps

+1. if the game were free... that guy would have a point. i dont pay people so that i can do their work for them.

^^

Exactly this. Mind you I'm not surprised at all the deleting of posts. When I stated this in numerous recent tickets raised about bugs in the game, my tickets were deleted. Then my ticket about my tickets getting deleted was deleted. And before you ask - they weren't abusive and they actually raised real bugs.

Awesome customer service.

I've been playing MMO's since EQ1 and posted on the official forums of every MMO I've ever played (at least a dozen). I got my first every warning for a post today lol.

+1. if the game were free... that guy would have a point. i dont pay people so that i can do their work for them.

I've been playing MMO's since EQ1 and posted on the official forums of every MMO I've ever played (at least a dozen). I got my first every warning for a post today lol.

I did too, and it was for saying pom*ous.

Bioware went with a FREE game engine. Can you believe it..PROOF

a game with 300 million dollars invested and they went with a FREE engine.

Thats where majority of the FPS issues and what not comes from

Incompetent people.. The entire SWTOR DEV Team

Many engines are free to build with but you pay them 30% of all proceeds for the life of the game.

This was done so the Reb would start spawning again, sitting on the spawn spot seemed to break the spawn.

Pulling back a bit to allow players to spawn so they can be harvested makes more sense.

lol - I like your logic - These people are not doing this to be "nice" they are doing it because the realized it will net more valor than zerging

Some of us actually pvpd in Ilum today and didnt spawn camp the republic. In fact, the republic on our server grew a pair of nuts and defended their base and were creative enough to attack us from behind when we were at their doors. This could be because they were not tabbed out crying all over their keyboards.

We are doing exactly what the devs wanted us to do. Their servers cant handle the amount of people in one spot but the game is still relatively new. If half of you clowns spent less time writing emo live journal posts and actually coordinated something this would not be so bad. All of the republic are reading forums rather than figuring out how to regain control.

None of you are ever satisfied, this generation of MMO players wants everything spoon fed to them. Go download an old mmo and you will understand what I am talking about. There was no dailies for gear or any of that crap, you fought for named spawns that were on 6+ hour spawn timers, dont tell me you have it bad.

The blame for faction imbalances has nothing to do with BW, but the playerbase itself going almost all imperials. There are like 3 main ways people seem to be suggesting to fix that and none of them are real solutions:

1. Make Ilum one giant warzones with queues. - That just pisses off one side and also removes the open world pvp aspect as it is a controlled environment. It's not open world, just a giant warzone then and also makes huge queues for one side. Probably the most balanced solution, but then why should they have Ilum in the first place?

2. Buffing the side with nobody on it - Better, but then also can turn one person into a god who then collects 10 to 15 kills before his 1 death or kills 1 guy in the group of 30 imps meaning that he is guaranteed a death everytime he fights. That is also not really a solution.

3. Locking factions - pisses off the pve group as well as the pvp group that want to group up with friends.

Again the 3 above are the ones that I have seen mentioned before regarding this issue and none of them are really solutions.

This was done so the Reb would start spawning again, sitting on the spawn spot seemed to break the spawn.

Pulling back a bit to allow players to spawn so they can be harvested makes more sense.

You know it's bad when the enemy has to take mercy on you to make it work.

lol - I like your logic - These people are not doing this to be "nice" they are doing it because the realized it will net more valor than zerging

coming from past PvP guilds I've been in. This is exactly what we would do in this situation for that very reason.

Illum started really well for us (republic) it was more or less an even fight, slight more imps but not enough to make an issue. We were having fun. Then about an hour later our 20 man group started facing up to 60-70 imps and the whole thing got destroyed. Feels great to be cannon fodder/farm trash.

If there are any winning Republic servers to begin with. There might be a few but I doubt they'll offset the ones where the Imps are in full control.

If there's not enough Republic servers to make decent merges, PvP is already dead.

It's just less obvious. We have a lot of Empire-dominant servers zerging on Ilum right now, a few Republic servers doing the same- but seriously, it takes having motivated and not utterly broken PvP populations on both sides to keep things going.

Because seriously- what good is a PvP server without a decent number of players to be your opponents? Ilum is just the harsh light exposing what would be obvious later, that people love the zerg. They love to roll over opponents in an unstoppable tide, to make them suffer and show dominance, "ownage", and apparently (if Horde and Empire PvP have taught me well) that more people are motivated to be the "bad guys" when it comes to this sorta thing, because they're somehow cooler.

People want to "win" at PvP. The only way to keep PvP alive is to keep pitting "winners" against each other, or the trend that "Empire rules PvP" will become set in stone in the playerbase and we'll be stuck in Huttball for all eternity.

It appears you missed the word "HARVESTED" I know they are not being nice. They are being smart and using the current broken system to the fullest.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

What is your definition of "shortly"?

Some of us actually pvpd in Ilum today and didnt spawn camp the republic. In fact, the republic on our server grew a pair of nuts and defended their base and were creative enough to attack us from behind when we were at their doors. This could be because they were not tabbed out crying all over their keyboards.

We are doing exactly what the devs wanted us to do. Their servers cant handle the amount of people in one spot but the game is still relatively new. If half of you clowns spent less time writing emo live journal posts and actually coordinated something this would not be so bad. All of the republic are reading forums rather than figuring out how to regain control.

None of you are ever satisfied, this generation of MMO players wants everything spoon fed to them. Go download an old mmo and you will understand what I am talking about. There was no dailies for gear or any of that crap, you fought for named spawns that were on 6+ hour spawn timers, dont tell me you have it bad.

Coming from a Republic player that played UO in the wild west days (pre-Trammel): there is something to this.

I do think that we need a gear and valor rollback though because I am afraid a lot of people will quit otherwise and I want this game to be well-populated.

Who has logged in and seen successful spawn farming happen on their server in the Ilum warzone? Please post your server's name.

I saw it happen earlier this afternoon on Jung Ma while watching my brother play but it's not happening on Fa'Athra, where my main resides (a weak attempt at it did happen earlier though). Just slightly unbalanced PVP is all that's happening now. It would be interesting to see if this is just isolated to a few servers.

Official BW response might go something like this?

"Hey folks, we have exciting news! Star Wars: The Old Republic is now free to play as of January 18, 2012!"

Well since the majority of the player base that actually participates in PVP hates the patch and wants a rollback of not just patch but valor there is a simple solution to get biowares attention.

Everyone of you each make a thread with the same title "Bioware WHY ARE THE SERVERS STILL UP?". In all different sections not just this one, and I am sure you will see action. Might even save the game indirectly

As many posts in this thread against the patch and recent valor gains, If a whole bunch of sections were just covered in front page/2 page of the same thread and title, they won't have the time to just delete.

Edited by Ciboro

I am really excited about the server downtime this patch is going to create with the giant mess that was made :D and I assume it will be right when west coasters are busiest on my server? Like always...................................$170 Canadian Retail for my CE and a subscription later....stoked -.-

There are v easy methods to make ppl play imbalanced fraction. But by making some of Empire chars more stronger than Republic they made imbalance even bigger.

Fail. EPIC FAIL.

If they wont make somthing fast this will be really biggest fail of MMO ever - and i bet we wont see such big fail ever again.