Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need to give a response, you need to take down the servers as quickly as possible. The longer you wait to rollback (which you need to do) the worse it will be for you. Your response is the least of your concerns.

I'm thinking that turrets aren't giving Valor and that people are skewing the numbers like crazy. (Not the population imbalance, but the valor.)

I see the video. I have not seen one Imperial say "Hey, I'm valor level 100 because of the turrets." In fact there are a ton of threads stating to the contrary.

Not that it makes things better... But.

Maybe the valor is coming from the bonus a side gets when it controls the entire map (400%? I have seen quoted), and the unending stream of kills from camping the taxi and medcenter. I have seen plenty of posts from Imperial players that do say they are getting a steady stream of valor over a relatively short period of time.

I love it when the 40 somthing empire players spawn camp the 5 republic players on ilum. I guess there is no hope for a fast route to Champion and Battlemaster gear now huh? At lease with the old system we (the republic players) had a chance to complete the daily missions.

The Ettenmoors is starting to look more appealing than this. Now that is a problem.

Indeed. I'd rather see that endless tidal wave of Orcs zerging Elf Camp and wargs ganking everything they come across rather than these new-fangled "turret farmers".

Edited by Squeebee

Anyone else just refreshing this thread over and over to read the hilarious comments ppl leave? this is great.

Im at work now and can't help but laugh at the huge fail that is 1.1

I'm doing exactly the same thing. I hit last page every couple of minutes and there are at least 2 more pages. It's pretty obvious that this is a huge blunder, and even funnier that the servers are still online. I personally think someone should be publicly fired for this and I'm normally not that type of person.

Win trading is definitely better than getting camped in the spawn points. I understand the desire to encourage world PvP, but making it where the bigger side always wins will kill it even faster than trading objectives. A certain other company made this mistake with increasing the rewards you got form winning a PvP zone and win trading became more desirable to farm honor kills. Either nerf the rewards or institute a queue to enter the zone so that the numbers can be controlled or this will continue forever.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

Why would we want input from the same devs who thought this was a good fix for Ilum in the first place?

138 pages in 2.5 hours

Can't believe a dev response hasn't been issued

First they screw up the economy, now they screw up PvP.

What's next, what bug is going to be deemed "not worthy" of a hold on deployment

The abuse the community can take is finite. OK, you rushed your first patch to bait people into keeping their sub. Every patch after this needs to be flawless bug wise, I'm not talking about perfectly balanced, what I'm talking about is:

DON'T ROLL OUT A PATCH WITH KNOWN BUGS!

Treat the game like a N64 cartridge, every release has to be flawless, because there is no way to go back and change things after you SELL your product.

EDIT: A response telling us you are working on a response is pointless, you're just letting us know you wasted time thinking of the best way to word that post.

I wish it was possible to start a boycott of the MMO system, where no-one submits bug reports, or puts any effort into testing a game they are paying to play. But the fact that games like WoW and TOR can be successful means that people don't really care about a good truly innovative game, they just want a shiny rock to look at until they realize it is just a polished rock.

Edited by Valkon