Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

acknowledge you are going to rollback the valor to prepatch numbers as a starter and the problems will temporarily go away

There is no exploit. The turrets give no valor. At most people 50-60 gained a rank or so thus far. The republic on a lot of servers are camped in their spawn and you get no valor there.

It spreads the word to the public and to bioware that this was a significant problem that we are willing to give up everything we've worked for because we wont let ourselves get stepped on.

All feedback is good feedback.

So you abandon "everything you have worked on" by canceling your account... that makes sense... because of course it will never be fixed. Ever.

Im battlemaster pre patch. Sure the "patch" sucks... but uh... its only been a few hours. Im not going to cancel my account - BECAUSE of what I've worked for.

Like I said before - sure its a mistake and a big one - Im right there with everyone. But stop crying and have a little patience.

I'm confident that they will fix any major issues with this game. Seriously guys dial down the flames.

Goto school and become a video game developer if you think you can make an flawless MMO with no bugs 30 days after of launch. Until then, crawl back in ya caves and see ya in game. ;)

Edited by Stridar

You don't get a damn thing for afking. Why don't you reserve your comments for when you actually play and have a clue as to what's going on?

That's funny because I've seen plenty of videos of people sitting around in the rep base in op groups doing NOTHING, and getting Valor. Oh wait, maybe they have to spam their AOE key on the spawn point. I can do that while watching TV, or better yet, I can set up my Logitech keyboard to macro that continuously and go do something else. Why don't you take your self righteous attitude and shove it up your ***.

....its 100% evident that there is absolutely 0 testing being done before patches roll out. I was on PTR submitting bug reports for stuff for the last 2 weeks, only to see 90% of the issues live with the patch.

In one fail swoop youve singlehandedly proved that doing the ptr for you guys is pointless, and that youre prone to lazy and horribly thought out decisions.

^Pretty much, this.

lolololololololol. I don't see the word WOOPS in your post. Look at my signature video for the "potential" problem.

bioware you have a lot of people VERY, VERY angry

and a very short amount of time to make people happy

get to it or this games already over :)

Make Turrets at the starting base/taxi invulnerable and kill enemies instantly with a generous range of 50 meters. Roll back Valor and PvP Gear Purchased (which might require a complete progression rollback) to when the patch was first implemented. Give everyone a free week of playtime for this total cluster****.

And then... find a whole new PvP design/testing team.

This. My god this. I can't believe this patch went live. Its 9 kinds of dumb. Farming Repubs @ their base because they suck/are less numbers with stuttering as hell graphics is not fun. Nor is the insanely dumb amount of Valor that is given out. Thanks for trivializing the amount of effort past Battlemasters had to put in to get that reward.

Players are bragging about how they went from Valor 40-52 in one hour on Iron Citadel...what the f.

Edited by Ecchi_

Turrets DON'T give valor. I don't know if they DID, but they don't anymore.

I just tried it with a group. We killed them WITH control of ilum and WITHOUT. Both failed.

WE DID however get 400+ legacy points. That is all.

WOW DID YOU GUYS REALLY TRY TO FIX ILUM BY ADDING PLAYER KILLS TO THE

QUESTS? THERE ARE ZEROOOOOOO REPEAT ZEROOOOOOO REPUB OUT ON MY SERVERS

TO FIGHT HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET CRATES WHEN THERES 300 OTHER EMPIRE WAITING TO CLICK THE SAME ONE. WHAT KIND OF MORON CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA. YOUR GAME

JUST CRASHED I PROMISE YOU WILL LOSE SO MUCH MONEY OVER THIS. ME INCLUDED IDIOTS. :mad:

For the blind and literary challenged who are too lazy to read a thread before posting in it:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2971/patch11awesome.png

So..you posted a vid of a gorup of imps killing OTHER PLAYERS and getting valor for killing OTHER PLAYERS

Now post othe one of them killing the TURRET and getting valor from killing the TURRET.

Very rarely like to throw my lot in with the horde, but the valor needs to be rolled back.

One of my mates has spent a hell of a long time grinding his way to Battlemaster the legit way, only to find 2 days later the whole world's essentially on fire and PvP/Illum has become an utter disastar zone of easy Valor and unbeatable premades.

Chaos is all this patch has brought, total and utter chaos.

Well my first day on Ilum Murder Spree as a Republic on Hidden Beks was fun.... We got an ops group together and although outnumbered we helped each other get teh daily done.... :)

The issues?

• Lag: The lago was so terrible that I found people were dead before my heal went off... it might have been FPS lag but everyone in the ops group was suffering.
  • Healers once again suffer: When in an ops group with folks murdering and farming valor, we get nothing for keeping them up and playing a vital role in open world PVP... I found myself spending so much time throwing grenades into the crowd in the hopes of actually completing the daily. This coupled with the lag leads to one terrible headache :)

Thas are my only issues but apparently the masses of Empire were getting 400% valor... which is just... WOAH!!

If they have to roll back valor they have to roll back everything.

I'm guessing most people think changing something to the way it was on a game with millions of lines of code is as easy as copy and paste.

Simply put, if there isn't a seperate database for valor gains they HAVE to rollback EVERYTHING.

exp gains, character creation and EVERYTHING else.

I think the levelers would be more pissed off if they lost a level or 2 because some kids QQ about life not being fair.

That's not true at all. Infact it's pretty much the opposite of true. If I have a db with two values of X and Y, all I need to do is set them to be equal. Now what you are suggesting is that they do not store valor in it's own discrete unit. If that were true then the game programmers are horribly inept. I do not believe that is true, the "designers" maybe but not the programmers.

I mean hell a simple c++ would do it.

define two ints x, y

get the inputs from two files

ifstream and you are set. Then just set y(new value) == x

The big problem they would actually have is the stuff people have purchased today. That would require setting many things back. So a better way is to pull a log of every character that has gained more than say 500 valor today, then set their rank to 0. That is also easily done.