Illum, thank you for making sure we canceled in time!

WhyAmIHere

So let me get this straight. Its better to have so called pvp where you can avoid killing other players totally, and actually rewards avoiding other players because you can get your pve like quests done faster, then to have to kill other players? You people don't really want to pvp you just want your phat lewt handed to you as quickly as possible. I can't believe I read one moron in here calling RVR a failed pvp system lol. There are tweaks that can be made to this system for sure but re-organizing things so that killing other players is the main thing is 100% the right first step. The fact of the matter is a large majority of people that claim to like pvp do not actually like pvp in practice just in theory and really only want loot from it anyway.

No one liked Ilum how it was before 1.1 either. It had no INCENTIVE to Defend. Defending gave:

No Valor

No Exp

No Money

Did not contribute to Daily/Weekly

1.1 did nothing to help that either. This Dev team is a joke.

I am Empire and I hate this patch.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and if you don't like things then come up with ideas for the developers instead of just putting it down. Constructive instead of destructive.

Good advice.

Unfortunately, it has to go both ways.

I have seen people make suggestions on these forums, only to have those suggestions buried in a mountain new threads a few hours later. Or if the thread stays active, the suggestion is quickly buried on page 10 of 20 pages of posts and growing.

So this doesn't really work.

On the other hand, I have submitted more than a few tickets with suggestions of resolving gaming pvp issues. The end result is always the same. A generic response from an GM with assurances that the suggestion was forwarded to the proper channels.

Again, you have no way of knowing if you were even heard or your suggestion got buried in a pile of other tickets that reach that same "channel" on any given day. I have yet to hear back on any suggestion, or any ticket, I have submitted for that matter beyond the initial GM response.

But if you want some suggestions, here are a few ...

If the Dev Team is struggling with ideas, seek out your player base. Offer a competition with some free gaming time for ideas on how to improve PVP. New warzone ideas, new open world PVP options, etc. If they like an idea from you and use it, give you a month of free time and maybe access to an in game title for your toons.

Some suggestions I have made ...

Removal of speeders from Voidstar and Civil War. I can do without the scenic view and the speeders on the floor in the final spawn area for the defenders get in the way of getting through the barrier in time.

Limit the time enemy stealthers can stay in the opposing side's goal area. They get a free pass to farm kill the healers when they respawn and it is an easy score if their team mates can get a ball close to throwing range. And it takes no skill what so ever to do as it is an inherent ability of their classes.

Give a PVP sprint option available to those players below 14. If we can have a throw ball option in Huttball that only works in Huttball, why not a sprint that works only in warzones?

Blizzard have had plenty of backwards steps in its history. WoW had nothing at launch in terms of PVP. It was open world with no incentive. But they added the things over time....Time... thats a strange concept isnt it. Games need time to shine. In the games industry bugs and issues happen, but expecting a game to be perfect from launch is stupid. Expecting new content to be perfect is foolish. BW are new to the MMO genre, we all know this. Let them find there feet. A month into the launch of an MMO from a company who is new to the genre and people are crying like spoilt brats.

If WoW had the amount of moaning kids as there is in this forum at their launch. No one would of stuck around and it would of failed. But 7 years ago the community was different. Now PCs are cheap enough to allow kids to join in the fun with PC gaming, it sure hell shows on this forum.

Funny. You mention WoW which launched in 2004. This is 2012. Not to mention the fact that Bioware should have learned from all that failed and succeeded from other MMOs including WoW, yet somehow they didn't. This is a massive screw up. You really need to stop trying to defend it.

No one liked Ilum how it was before 1.1 either. It had no INCENTIVE to Defend. Defending gave:

No Valor

No Exp

No Money

Did not contribute to Daily/Weekly

1.1 did nothing to help that either. This Dev team is a joke.

I am Empire and I hate this patch.

So what would you suggest exactly? As I mentioned this doesn't have to be the way it is 100% going forward but killing other players has to be an important part of pvp plain and simple or its a joke. Some combination of rewards for taking objectives and killing is probably best. There needs to be incentives to play underbalanced sides as well. The way it was to start was 100% awful though and nobody that enjoys pvp should say they should have just stuck with it. The main problem as I said before is people claim the like pvp but what they like is guaranteed 100% even fights with no randomness and there pvp loot just handed to them on a plate. If people don't like what is actually pvp fine don't do it but don't act like you like pvp and spout nonsense on this board and complaining about kills being a part of the pvp reward system is NONSENSE!

Edited by Kwll

At most it is about 100 people complaining on the boards who unsubbing.

Most people are happy with the game.

From a forum perspective it does seem like 80% are canceling though lol.

It's too bad that so many people are leaving. Maybe they will listen and make the game better for us that stay. I for one and going to check out the exciting new Flashpoint that they added.

So let me get this straight. Its better to have so called pvp where you can avoid killing other players totally, and actually rewards avoiding other players because you can get your pve like quests done faster, then to have to kill other players? You people don't really want to pvp you just want your phat lewt handed to you as quickly as possible. I can't believe I read one moron in here calling RVR a failed pvp system lol. There are tweaks that can be made to this system for sure but re-organizing things so that killing other players is the main thing is 100% the right first step. The fact of the matter is a large majority of people that claim to like pvp do not actually like pvp in practice just in theory and really only want loot from it anyway.

So let me get this straight. You blame other people for not liking REAL PvP while you defend a system which forces you to farm npcs and cross your fingers hoping for good loot, to even have a chance to compete with other players doing the same thing. PvP to me is not about farming npcs nor killing players that you outgear.

I whine BECAUSE I like PvP.

I think you missed the point.

We went from a system that allowed both sides to exploit and went to a system that allows only one side to exploit.

Does that really seem fair?

This isn't stacking the odds in favor of the Imps (who vastly outnumber the Repubs) it is handing the Imps their dailies on a silver plater while leaving the Repubs to starve. And what happens with gear access on Ilum will find its way very quickly in the post game level 50 PVP warzones with some very lopsided gear groups.

That isn't PVP. That is breaking every rule that a PVP player expects from an MMO.

This is the Dev Team taking a $%# sandwich and trying to sell it off to everyone as peanut butter and jelly.

Thank you Bioware.

As a melee I salute you for making Ilum. I did not think I could feel more usefull, but you certainly proved me wrong. It's games like these, where the developers has such an immense knowledge about their own game, that I believe gaming is reaching it's absolute pinnacle.

I will continue pouring money into your pockets for the purpose of BETA testing your game, and it will be my pleasure. I simply love being screwed over, the feeling is irreplaceable.

The Illum situation is the perfect example that the developers have no clue as to what they are doing. I am grateful you implemented this joke of a patch on the day when my remaining days of playtime reached 0. At least this warning of utter incompetence came before my subscription was renewed, and both me and my friends could get of this sinking ship in time.

:)

This.

It's not about perfection. It's about design decisions that anyone who has the capability of dressing themselves in the morning would be able to INSTANTLY identify as horrible ideas.

It's like they brought in a 5 year old to figure this **** out for them.

And this.

I cancelled. Not saying that i will never ever consider to resubscribe, but I sure as hell won't as long as they keep that ****** PvP joke implemented and the PvP design masterminds employed.

This is the most EPIC thing I have ever seen in an MMORPG in my life.

I'm just glad I'm here to witness it, it's a day I won't soon forget. I'm sure today will go down in gaming history as the day hundreds of millions of dollars got flushed down the toilet.

GG Bioware.

Yeah I cancelled, but it's a very simply matter to get me back. All they have to do is perform a rollback on all valor earned while Ilum was borked, and change Ilum to either what it was before (not ideal), or something that doesn't encourage spawn camping the weaker faction.

Reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal simple.

Yeah I cancelled, but it's a very simply matter to get me back. All they have to do is perform a rollback on all valor earned while Ilum was borked, and change Ilum to either what it was before (not ideal), or something that doesn't encourage spawn camping the weaker faction.

Reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal simple.

I think this devs don't know how to do a rollback... GG

I dont think you understand whats happening RIGHT NOW in Illum. Currently you have well over 100 empire camping the repub base killing any person that spawns. Also they are killing turrets that give valor without diminishing returns. They are getting upwards of 10k valor every few minutes. That includes lvl 20s who just sit in the zone. you have people gaining battlemaster status in a matter of 2-3 hrs including some lvl 100s already. Now you have imps even more overpowered. The only fix for this will be a roll back. Anything less is unacceptable.

Im surprised this particular item now only pushes so many of you over the edge.

Long existing problems like the stims and consumables in particular. Allowing consumables to totally decide the outcome of pvp even beyond gear farm is one of the oldest mistakes of mmo's.

Doesnt seem that at any point in 4 years or 100 million dollars a group of smart devs sat down and brain stormed all the successes and failures of pvp in high profile mmo's over the last decade.

All they seem to have done is pretty much repeat every single mistake most others have made.

Edited by Siraco

It is not just the players fault for picking empire but bioware as well. Their fault for NOT making a pop cap, their fault for NOT having a system already in place at launch that buffs the lesser popped side until it evens out. Their fault for clearly spending 80% of the game developing empire EVERYTHING, and throwing in Republic to be fodder.

This is from an empire player as well fyi.

Only way to fix this is to rollback the patch and reset all valor gained since last night. CANNOT have one without the other