Hidden nerf

Lukarnus

As we all know Rakata Medpacs are now giving less health so no more 5k heal in one shot medal, however did you know that no medpac gives any medals now?

So basically Maras can only damage and have nothing else give us medals. I am seeing regualrly tanks and healers with 9 but maras a poultry 5 - 6. Now i know it may seem like nothing but its still a nerf to mara which is a class that doesnt need anything taken from it!

Nerf by association!

Damn you bioware!!

lol but this really isn't a Nerf directed towards us more so directed to the profession.

so stop crying wolf already...

It still sucks though as it takes away 2 medals and 10 commendations from every game we do which after 2342342323423 wz's for the valor grind makes it a pretty significant nerf.

As it stands snipers and Mara's are the two classes unable to get significant portions of the medals available in WZ's.

I don't think any of us can objectively say we deserved those healing medals, as we didn't do anything to help the team by popping a medpack. I will, however, contend that the current medal system is grossly flawed and fixing this issue before the others is a travesty. Not rewarding goals in Huttball or caps in Alderaan, but rather only sitting on an empty point or empty door is absurd. Additionally shutting us out of all healing medals (except 75K healing done) and all protection medals makes no sense when you give certain classes like sorcs and ops access to vastly more medals. A poorly played sorcerer can now grind as many medals in 5 minutes as a marauder can earn in an entire match.

An additional "nerf" is the absence of <50s in our warzone, which basically ensures the end of 5k crits from anything but the rage tree. It was infrequent but very cool to do just over 5k damage to a lowbie and see the medal pop up on an annihilate.

So basically Maras can only damage and have nothing else give us medals. I am seeing regualrly tanks and healers with 9 but maras a poultry 5 - 6. Now i know it may seem like nothing but its still a nerf to mara which is a class that doesnt need anything taken from it!

Maras have 5-6 chickens? What?