If no one else is willng to say it, I will..

Kunra

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the starports.

Why? They are literally all the exact same building with no personality or definition. Same with the orbital stations, only those are even more minimalistic in a cynical attempt to reduce the amount of work they have to do.

Edited by krameriffic

There is nothing wrong with the ports... At all.

If they were not there, people would whine that the world was not Star Wars-like and not realistic... The big areas and big ports are TOTALLY Star Wars.

The real issue perhaps is the massive loading time.

Watch episode 1 of star wars and how many different space ports do you see. I can guarantee it is no where near the amount you have in this game. Face it people, it is just another way to drain time from everyone to try to make the content last longer so they can work out the bugs/add content before a mass exodus.

I cant understand the people defending this using the "immersion" defense.

Is it immersive that it takes you 1 second to travel accross the universe to another planet but then takes 5 minutes to get from your spaceship to the planet?

No, it has everything to do with ADHD.

You are singularly focused on leveling and believe that anything that slows that down is a "time sink', that takes away from the game. This is in your mind. Most players are not on that tread mill.

If you are bored in this game, you are doing it wrong.

so let me get this right, i am singly focused on one thing due to having a disorder that prevents me from focusing singularly... on.. one... your a tard.

Edited by Tzimisce

What's wrong with my nuts?

Oh yeah because it's sooo painful to run a bit and be in a social setting to get to your mailbox. You know, might as well put all the trainers and all the NPCs on your starship so you never have to leave it.

What's wrong with you guys? Everybody knows this type of laziness kills a game, ESPECIALLY THE MMO PART.

I partly agree with you being able to just insta travel from anywhere is not healthy for a game but the amount of moving around currently needed is silly

Why? They are literally all the exact same building with no personality or definition. Same with the orbital stations, only those are even more minimalistic in a cynical attempt to reduce the amount of work they have to do.

Why he likes it?

BECAUSE HE LIKES IT!

That is enough reason for him to like it. He does not have to justify his likes to YOU!

Does the fleet pass you get at the security vendor have an 18 hour CD? I heard it was 1 hour.

Yes it does 1hr. There is also a Fleet Shuttle that is on EVERY SINGLE PLANET near one of the Quick Travel Location. So you can zip on off the fleet once every 30mins.

Edited by DarthKhaos

Watch episode 1 of star wars and how many different space ports do you see. I can guarantee it is no where near the amount you have in this game. Face it people, it is just another way to drain time from everyone to try to make the content last longer so they can work out the bugs/add content before a mass exodus.

Right.

Orbital Stations and load times are just a big conspiracy for BW to extend content....

Lets not forget that this game is based some 3000 years before episode 1.

Quicker travel takes out alot of the immersion and makes the galaxy seem smaller.

Look at wow, no one hardly travels anywhere now without using portals.

I get a 30 second loading screen at max each time, most time its only around 5-10 seconds, some people really lack patience if they are moaning about something like this.

Edited by Rayvonuk

Yep, the annoying orbital stations are what I hate. And the long hangar/spacedock walks (do they think you're going to have a party in there or something?) It should just go straight from spaceport to ship and vice-versa without the intermediates.

^^ This. Also add GTN terminals to all spaceports to bring some life into them and not force me to go to the dreaded Fleet with 280+ players at peak times...

(I wouldn't mind the current design if loading times were on par with WoW, but with loading times way worse than Everquest, it is just tedious and annoying traveling anywhere in this game, and I am generally a very patient player...)

geez it takes like a minute to get from one planet to another. players are so whiny anymore.

This or they have really crappy PC's.

Either way, a teleport to the fleet already exists. Maybe you should ask for a lower cooldown for it? Alternatively, you could ask for a teleport for the hangar.

Anything further from that is just unfeasable given the game structure, so you're really gonna have to deal with it. Some of us actually like going to the spaceship and the immersion.

So I can understand people thinking these are unneeded, I too dislike them. Took a moment to think about all the transitions and came to a thought as to why they are put in.

They are there for story transition. So your on a quest, you run back to your ship and suddenly get a cut scene when you enter the hanger, or spaceport, or elevator.

Should Bioware have put in a better way or found a better way to do this? Yes! But it is what it is, until they do you will have to deal with the transition areas and no instant access port to ship.

Just my thought on it. Disagree if you want :).