Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

The EU servers *may* have been added after - but the funtionality that allowed them to seperate the zones *was* implemented from the start.

So, you're quite right, doing from the start isn't rocket science - doing it afterwards - whilst the game is actually running - you'd better call NASA.....

Why are you ignoring my example? Rift allows players to roll on either EU or US servers and manages to patch during two separate maintenance windows, one which is convenient to US players, the other which is convenient to EU players.

It can be done, you are talking as if it can't be done. BioWare are just useless at this whole MMO thing, clearly.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine, have it your way. I guess you enjoyed randomly being sent to the character selection screen. To me. that's a big fix and constitutes an immediate fix.

Seriously it wasn't that big of a deal. If it was a big deal it could have been patched 10 hours earlier? Anything that can wait for a 'US downtime period' is NOT a priority patch. Or is it a big enough deal to mess EU crowd around but not big enough of a deal to mess US around. How come ALL these 'game breaking' patches are always done during teh perfect period?

At the end of the day. What the EU based players are asking for is fairness and respect.

Having maintenance times that hit the EU based player every week during the day will only lead to BW/EA

Losing Subs from the EU and other parts of the world who don't live in the US, and I'm sorry to say the EU

and other countries are alot bigger and have more potential customers than what the US has alone.

Which will leave the game based on Star wars with a world wide fan base, to only being played in the USA due to the

lack of respect and fairness for the EU player base and those not in the US.

We can see by the lack of response that your not going to do separate maintenance times.

So do the Alternative.

Example

week 1 maintenance Time: 6PM CST (4PM PST/7PM EST/12AM GMT/1AM CET) until 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET)

week 2 maintenance Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET)

Being fair to all your customers will get you in time more subs to a Great Game.

Edited by SaintMerc

No seperate EU maintenances

No high rez textures

Silent treatment on the forums

Bugs, bugs, bugs

You know what?

*clickety-click*

You have 20 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

Thank you and goodbye.

Want to add my message as a fed up customer, which we all are. I fully understand the Dev team want to make this game great and as few bugs as possible. I am enjoying this game, but feel it is being spoiled by things which is completely in their control which makes it more frustrating.

I would be grateful to hear that the community is actually being listened to, which they did say they would do in the last video, it's the small things that can make the most people happy. I think 99% of people would agree that US downtime should be roughly 1am -7am CET and it should be the same on Euro 1am to 7am GMT . I also don't understand why anyone would have a Saturday downtime too unless it was urgent and feel in this case it could have waited till Tuesday.

Lastly, switching the forums off during server downtime is extremely poor service aswell. I work in customer service, we don't switch off our phones or close our doors when our computers aren't working.

Edited by Zoner

Lastly, switching the forums off during server downtime is extremely poor service aswell. I work in customer service, we don't switch our phones or close our doors when our computers aren't working.

I Figure that if they didn't stop of adding posts this morning the forums would have gone down under the weight of compaints

I Figure that if they didn't stop of adding posts this morning the forums would have gone down under the weight of compaints

Ignoring the issue doesn't help either, if they replied to the issue it would solve the complaints.

All it takes to solve this is one yellow message saying their listening.

do EU players not work between the hours of 10am - 4 pm because here in north america, people generally do that.

Ever heard of shift work? Not very efficient if your industry runs only 6 hours a day.

Even though mirrored servers on standby would be optimal solution it would cost way too much money. Every MMO player knows where they take that money, yes, sub fees.

Edited by Halinalle

Has any dev ever answered this point btw? Apart from the ridiculous 'whatever time we set it at, people will complain' line from Mr Reid. You could use that argument with the discussion of any subject. Surely the solution is to do as little damage/harm as possible when confronted with a lose-lose scenario.

Instead we get the short end of the stick despite paying equally compared to our North American bretheren.

One last time....Other MMO's manage to satisfy both NA and EU customers by splitting the maintenance times. Why can't TOR?

Has any dev ever answered this point btw? Apart from the ridiculous 'whatever time we set it at, people will complain' line from Mr Reid. You could use that argument with the discussion of any subject. Surely the solution is to do as little damage/harm as possible when confronted with a lose-lose scenario.

Instead we get the short end of the stick despite paying equally compared to our North American bretheren.

One last time....Other MMO's manage to satisfy both NA and EU customers by splitting the maintenance times. Why can't TOR?

They don't answer because they know they are wrong. There are better times to do EU maintenance, everybody knows it, yet BioWare STILL refuse to comment on it, because they know whatever excuse they give, we will see straight through it.

Edited by Mandrax

According to server load between 10:00 and 16:00, plenty of us Europeans DO play in this so-called 'off peak' window. And today it's SATURDAY, most of us are OFF today.

I really do think a different maintenance for EU servers would be a good thing. And why not, after all? The servers aren't even in the same physical location as the US ones, they're in Ireland.

I can understand why you do all (servers) at once, at the moment (due to no region locking), but could you not make it so that the US lose some of their late evening, to the UK/EU losing some early morning?

Those of us that are on 8/9am - 12/1pm may not be "prime time" but we are paying (constant) customers. If only moving to 11pm - 3am CST (5/6am - 9/10am GMT/CET) would be an improvement.

Then come March (when Australia get their servers) you can region lock all & have separate teams to do each group 2am-6am.

Any player may access US or Europe server. Would you like people from EU jumping to US servers if its time for their maintenance?

That's hardly serious is it

A: EU players would be in bed and...

B: All the threads complaining how US servers need merging because their populations have declined the rogue EU player logging into your precious servers could be a good thing :D

Seriously it wasn't that big of a deal. If it was a big deal it could have been patched 10 hours earlier? Anything that can wait for a 'US downtime period' is NOT a priority patch. Or is it a big enough deal to mess EU crowd around but not big enough of a deal to mess US around. How come ALL these 'game breaking' patches are always done during teh perfect period?

That grabs me too all the *it's an emergency* patches (for which there was one fix listed today a sometime/somehow/some players disconnect issue 4 hours which over ran to 5!) they all are applied at a time designated *perfect for NA* how urgent they must be... knowing they have an 8 hour slot anyway on Tuesday.

Most people in Europe work "in the middle of the day", which makes it, by definition off peak-hours for an online game (that is something people don't generally do while working, yanno).

Don't you? :rolleyes:

So what you are saying is, There are more people playing this game in the dead of night than during the day when students and other none fully time working people are awake?

Edited by Mcclaine
spelling.

That's hardly serious is it

A: EU players would be in bed and...

B: All the threads complaining how US servers need merging because their populations have declined the rogue EU player logging into your precious servers could be a good thing :D

Also - what sort of moron is going to reroll a new toon for a few hours because he can't access his main server?

What sort of idiot even suggests such a thing?

this is a problem that needs fixing. keeping servers shut down in between 10-12 on a saturday in europe, is plain out stupid.

I wish.

it was over FIVE hours between 8am and 13.30pm.

Add1,2,3 or 4 to that depending on what part of europe you live in. :(

If it is an emergency patch then why wait and do it when the US arent affected, as in when they are asleep. Or in fact always going when americans wont be affected but europeans are atleast halfway affected. Its simply poor service which EVERYONE knows they can do something about if they wanted to.

It's just getting harder and harder to accept the crap they swing at europeans. And i dont even wanna think about the treatment against the red countrys, AUS and company.

Yep, it's mostly unemployed or kids crying about this. There are a few with strange working hours but that really doesn't matter. I'm from Europe and i think maintenance times are just fine.

I run my own company. I employ a number of people. I work from home for most of the week.

Because I work for myself I work long hours. I often call clients in Asia or Europe and work to their timezones. (Hey - that is kind of basic stuff)

As a result of all this I often want to play when I have free time during the day. It doesn't make me unemployed or a kid. Funnily, all the people who work from me are in the same boat timewise. I don't ask them to "punch timecards" - I expect them to manage their own time.