Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

SECOND day in a row with servers down for many hours is not acceptable, 10-30 min is acceptable at any hour, but servers down from 2PM GMT until 6PM GMT is NOT OK!

Bioware, FIX THIS or else I willll cancel my subscription. Do the maintenance at night or in the morning, not at mid day. If I pay 30 days then i want to play 30 days not 26 or less because of the very bad maintenance hours witch are both badly timed and very long.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prime time is considered 7pm onwards is the thing so that would be only 1 time zone would it not ?

I have no idea if it is 6 or 7, i thought it was 6pm. but still. it isn't like everyone is logging in after primetime started. Lots of people start playing prior to prime time as more people start comming home from work/school. Ideal maintenance time would be in the night.

r u serious :eek: try living in australia we get downtime when most ppl get home from work and get ready to play,that to me is peak time not in the middle of the day!!!!

All i hav to say is,learn to live with it, the game needs maintenance so chill out and go do somthing else for a few hours

Oh come on this is the first maintenance thats been properly in to Prime Time for Europe at all so we cant go that far.

No it's not.

the 1st two mainenances where during holdidays

the third (last week) was a normal workweek BUT on wednesday. Most schools here have half days on wednesday so most parents take the day off.

This week it was on wednesday also

ANd now during freeking primetime.

thats 5 maintenances that where during hours when most people do not have to work/study.

I'm not saying i'm effected by the all. But it's a about respecting your customer.

Every other company I've worked for OR I've had to deal with does their maintenacen AT NIGHT! not at night somewhere in the US. But at night for your costumer.

It's been said MANY times here and posters(most of the USA posters no doubt, seperate forums would be nice to please!) are still ignoring the following:

OFF PEAK times in ANY country are 2am to 8am.

Thats it, pure and simple.

I was dismayed to read yesterday's post about maintenance, just incase any of you missed it. (i've put in italics the important bit)

''''As a reminder, we are still aiming to limit our scheduled maintenance period to once a week, on Tuesdays, but we had to delay this week's maintenance due to some issues found on the Public Test Server that required extra testing. Our goal is still to ensure that the weekly maintenance period to takes place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players. We are also aiming to inform players of the precise duration of any weekly maintenance period at least 24 hours before the maintenance begins.''''

Off peak time for European players is 2am to 8am (or 10am if they are going with ridiculousy long 8 hour down times). OFF PEAK times are most certainly NOT 8am to 4pm in Europe or anywhere else for that matter.

Seperate maintanace times in 2011/2012 are a must.

If they dont want to do seperate times...then the only other option is to cut the 8 hours back by about half. LOTRO has a 5 hour maintanence period - thats also on tuesday in the middle of the day (10am to 3pm GMT usually), but thats a FTP game, SWTOR is a subscription game...totally different kettle of fish.

Whats more worrying than the downtimes themselves is the TOTAL LACK of response from the Devs...its like tumbleweed city here.

They must be reading this - its the longest thread being on its 4th? reincarnation now(this is my first post btw)

The only response was weeks back? I mean come on now thats totally not on.

Regarding my 'cancel or not to cancel' thing, that a lot of you seem to have here also - i am going to continue subbing - i'm having fun i AM getting my monies worth and i am really enjoying the game.

However, I have lost about 4 days of gametime now due to immense downtimes and this is my biggest gripe to date with SWTOR.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Skarion

r u serious :eek: try living in australia we get downtime when most ppl get home from work and get ready to play,that to me is peak time not in the middle of the day!!!!

All i hav to say is,learn to live with it, the game needs maintenance so chill out and go do somthing else for a few hours

When you Australians have Australian servers wich are actually located in Australia you would expect maintenance times friendly to Australians right? Or do you expect to have maintenance during your prime time like you have now?

Difference is, the game was NOT officialy released in Australia. It WAS in Europe.

I feel your pain, I really do, but it's not the same.

Prime time is considered 7pm onwards is the thing so that would be only 1 time zone would it not ?

Even if it is one time zone or one country that is affected, it is still unacceptable. Prime time should not be affected by patches in a game that has been officially released in your country.

It's a complete and utter joke.

Edited by Mandrax

Seriously, what do you expect? They're damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Your complaining because the servers went down during the day. If they went down during the evening I'm sure more people would complain.

I dare say the majority of players play evening and weekends. So those are the "peak" times they are trying to avoid.

This is not some conspiracy. You wil not get xxx days free. Keep calm and carry on.

Your complaining because the servers went down during the day. If they went down during the evening I'm sure more people would complain.

I dare say the majority of players play evening and weekends. So those are the "peak" times they are trying to avoid.

This is not some conspiracy. You wil not get xxx days free. Keep calm and carry on.

No, we want nighttime/early morning, same as the USA, as we are paying customers, and this game is officially released here.

Regarding my 'cancel or not to cancel' thing, that a lot of you seem to have here also - i am going to continue subbing - i'm having fun i AM getting my monies worth and i am really enjoying the game.

However, I have lost about 4 days of gametime now due to immense downtimes and this is my biggest gripe to date with SWTOR.

Thanks for reading.

then everything you say will be ignored. i like the game and i'd want to play it too, even more since the current times wouldn't really affect my playtime. but i unsubbed, because of how we're being treated. if you keep giving them money they won't care about any complains, as the only thing they're intrested in is your money. you keep giving, they keep ignoring you.

Todays downtime is well crap, gone straight to scheduling it in prime time for the EU.

Poor show Bioware.

and it's because of an UNTESTED patch, don;t forget that. One that caused a sheetty downtime (for EU) too. The silliness is slowly but steadily rising to Age of Conan on release levels.

Some weeks ago, EA/Bioware was taunting Activision/Blizzard, haha. Keep it up EA/Bioware and see who gets to laugh in the end. YOU CAN'T COMPETE with such customer support.

Edited by Lord_Indomitus

Why shouldn't we get free days added to our subs?

WoW gave out free days when they had patch after patch after patch (before some say they didnt hand out free days...they did because i was there)

Personally i've lost 4 days of gametime on SWTOR so far. (I'm not even a hardcore player - i;m fairly casual these days).

Now today we have another 2pm GMT to 6pm GMT downtime...(for CET its even worse! 3pm to 7pm..ouch)

I have to say that all the problems with the game in general + these downtimes, this will be the straw that broke the camels back for many in EU.

Well.... they've really outdone themselves this week... adding more insult to injury with the *bug-fix* 2pm till 6pm GMT meaning 7pm or later for a lot of the EU... not peak time... no not at all. Do they really want us all to stop playing... it's begining to look that way.

Is this just a case of paying peanuts and getting monkeys?

Don't worry, you'll get a new title if you sub for the game! Problem solved!

And to add insult to injury, this "patch" to fix the problems with the 1.1 was discussed in the testing server forums but now it gets addressed during mid-afternoon European time.

Well yesterday I was umming and ahhing about whether or not to sub for a month, 3 months or 6 months. In the end I played safe and only selected a month. Now after looking at the news this morning I'm glad I only selected a month, I'm not sure what I am going to do this afternoon as I did everything I needed to do in my time off yesterday.

If the service (not just maintainence and patching times) hasn't improved after another month I have a long hard think about paying for any more game time.

Well kinda the same thing. I'm going to school and 4 out of 5 days I have lessons from 8am to 16pm.. For once when I'm home at 14 I bump into an incoming maintenance that will last until 7pm. Which pretty much leaves me with a very few hours of playing. I love the game and it really got my focus on it, so I'd love to spend time getting more familiar with it as I started playing barely 2 weeks ago.

True, I never experienced such a problem as some people, where the maintenance was always in the middle of the day (also in WoW f.ex.), since playing WoW I was used to night resets.

.. Oh well. Going back to the kitchen! MAking muffinzzz.

Bottom line, this is a paying product. The "get a job", "get a life" arguments are invalid. "Keep calm and carry on" just sends a message, hey it's okay if you do whatever you want, we take it lying down anyway.

If I buy something, I want to be able to use it when I'm awake, during the day, 7 days a week. If that product requires maintenance, then the maintenance should be done at night.

BioWare's reaction to the protests about this maintenance frame is non-existant. The only reaction to these threads are moderators saying, we understand it's frustrating. Thread after thread reaching over 1000 posts and that's all we get. That says enough about BioWare's policy, seems it has to bite them before they'll change it. The very fact that it's implemented in the first place is such poor judgement, it's not even funny anymore.

I'm glad I'm on a game time card. Aside from the absurd maintenance hours, customer support is cringeworthy, firing off one generic reply after another. BioWare stops lumping their customers all together in one heap without any regard for timezones, and gets their customer support in shape, then I may consider subscribing. Until then, forget it.

Edited by RevansSoul

and it's because of an UNTESTED patch, don;t forget that. One that caused a sheetty downtime (for EU) too. The silliness is slowly but steadily rising to Age of Conan on release levels.

Some weeks ago, EA/Bioware was taunting Activision/Blizzard, haha. Keep it up EA/Bioware and see who gets to laugh in the end. YOU CAN'T COMPETE with such customer support.

Exactly. The patch was up on the PTR for all of two weeks. That's not long enough to test patches of this size. Of course I realise they have their in-house testers, but clearly they missed the fact that Ops are dropping gear with wrong itemisation and they missed the whole Ilum thing.

The reason we are being penalised here is because BioWare put out a patch without thorough testing. As a result of this we are having to suffer a 4 hour downtime to fix something that should never have gone live in the first place.

Guess what will happen if this (or another similar) pay-to-play game was really that, pay to play and not fixed cost per month: for example, 15 euros per each 120 hours.

You pay money based on game time not natural time, so companies will be forced to have improved scheduled maintaining, dedicate more money to programmers salaries or whatever support staff needed and less to marketing.

What do you do for a living?

10 AM to 4 PM is primetime?

You are either not in job or undergoing an incredibly easy going education.

If you do have a real educated job, work hours are usually 0800-1600, as a minimum.

Even your standard education has you working at least as much, at least ideally.

So tell me again how this is primetime?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.