Have smugglers/operatives been acknowledged by EA/Bioware?

Averji

These classes/specs are OP, and there's no argument against it. In fact they're the most OP class ever that I've played against in my longer than a decade of playing MMOs with PVP. There's tons of videos out there to prove it as well. Bioware has to be fully aware of this considering how much the forums have lit up with these threads. Do they care? Seemingly not one bit since they haven't addressed this at all. Any other reputable MMO dev would address this, and in this case, hotfix them even. Bioware though is an amateur MMO developer and don't know how to react quickly to these things. They're also too busy fixing the other slew of problems the game faces right now, things that were reported in beta at that.

So they'll be OP for the foreseeable future. Maybe they'll get a clue when more people leave.

In before L2P, not balanced for 1v1, make sure to have 2 other people with you at all times, etc.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is whining about an op blowing all his stacking buff cooldowns and popping a PVP pot. The analagous situation is a target with all their cooldowns available too.

All of this will go away when stacking buffs are fixed. Then even awful players like the original poster will be able to just sit there doing nothing and still come out with 50% health and be able to keyboard turn their way to victory.

Im so hurt that over a forum u called me bad at pvp. Its cool. I do top damage almost every game and **** on everybody but smugglers. You guys obviously never pvp'd at 50, or are just fanboys, but the SWTOR community knows smugglers need a nerf. You guys are fanboys if you think otherwise.

Im so hurt that over a forum u called me bad at pvp. Its cool. I do top damage almost every game and **** on everybody but smugglers. You guys obviously never pvp'd at 50, or are just fanboys, but the SWTOR community knows smugglers need a nerf. You guys are fanboys if you think otherwise.

One on one can a smuggler take out a Inquis or sorc at 50 with the same gear?

I will await your response.

I love all the people trying to act like Smuggler/operatives are not OP

news flash games are never 100% balanced things can be OP... and they are OP

You can never make PvP perfect but you should try to get as close as you can, they need a nerf deal with it.

Yoru QQ needs a nerf, deal with it. All classes are OP in someway, and all classes have weakness, so DEAL WITH IT!

news flash games are never 100% balanced things can be OP

Excellent point. Do people actually believe that BW had the classes perfectly balanced out of the gate and that re-balancing would not be in order?

There is probably a reason that certain classes come up time and time again when class balance is discussed. And it is not because all of the best PVPers happened to decide on those classes OR by choosing one of those classes you magically become a better PVPer. But I believe addressing the stim issue is a good first step. Do this and evaluate. Nerfing classes and/or boosting other classes should be done with extreme diligence.

What if you don't have your CC break?

It's going to happen and they are the ONLY class that will just about 100% kill you if you don't have your CC break, that's just stupid, if you don't see this your just blind.

Oh lord, are you stupid? they are ment to have good opner, they cant toe-to-toe with any classes utside stealth. you know what they do in premades? 2 or 3 players always dot every stealth class they see, giving opratives a hard time, cant re stealth and easy killed.

You sir need to l 2 p

Oh lord, are you stupid? they are ment to have good opner, they cant toe-to-toe with any classes utside stealth. you know what they do in premades? 2 or 3 players always dot every stealth class they see, giving opratives a hard time, cant re stealth and easy killed.

You sir need to l 2 p

you must be a smuggler.

Yoru QQ needs a nerf, deal with it. All classes are OP in someway, and all classes have weakness, so DEAL WITH IT!

I'm not "QQing" I am calming stating my opinion

if you think all class have the same number of strengths and weakness your just fooling yourself, no game has ever been that balanced and no game ever will be.

You sir need to l 2 p

there's a difference between a good opener and a I win button.

If they get the jump on you they should have a edge, not take out 80% of your HP.

there's a difference between a good opener and a I win button.

If they get the jump on you they should have a edge, not take out 80% of your HP.

Yes, there is, but a oprative maybe take 30-40% of your hp in a stun if the other player is fully geared and not without buff stacking.

Put a oprative in pug= he own

Put a oprative in a premade vs tanks healer etc= they suck.

Wait until lvl 50 brackets are here, and the nerf for biochem. OH opratives was so OP afterall

So, what you're essentially saying is, your class needs to be nerfed, smugglers are fine, and the majority of other classes need to be buffed?

Okay. Thanks for your feedback.

no?

smugglers and agents need a nerf.

Smuggler stuns:

Break stun immediately and stun him back then dot him and get 15 meters away.

As he approaches hit him with slow and burst him, then proceed to hammer away.

If your lucky he will be close to dead by the time he reaches you and you can use your finish move. Hope this helps.

right you need a break stun cd for this to even work which is on a much longer cd than the smugglers/operative stunlock,

the smuggler/operative stunlock attack is Op thats why there are million threads about it.

I win button.

You don't seem to grasp the concept surrounding this proverbial dead-horse of a term.

When every single class has an identical ability available to them to negate what you're claiming is an 'I win button', it really isn't much of an 'I win button' at all.

Yes, some abilities have cooldowns. Yes, sometimes you will die when you otherwise wouldn't have because that ability was on cooldown. This is called balance. If you consider Scoundrel/Operative openers that much of a threat compared to every other CC, I recommend being a bit more conservative with it.

Yes, there is, but a oprative maybe take 30-40% of your hp in a stun if the other player is fully geared and not without buff stacking.

Put a oprative in pug= he own

Put a oprative in a premade vs tanks healer etc= they suck.

Wait until lvl 50 brackets are here, and the nerf for biochem. OH opratives was so OP afterall

All classes should be balanced in both group and pug play, if I class is rofl stomping in pug play there IS a issue.

On my server most of the PvP is 50 vs 50 and they still do around 80% HP if both targets are geared

Clearly they do less damage to tanks.

So the one class you can't beat needs a nerf because they're overpowered. What happens when they're nerfed? I hope you then start calling to get yourself nerfed, otherwise you'd be a hypocrite.

The point is moot anyway. They've already been acknowledged, which is why they're fixing buff stacking. They'll re-evaluate after that and make further changes if necessary. Quite frankly I'm impressed that they're using a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer when it comes to balancing.

So the one class you can't beat needs a nerf because they're overpowered. What happens when they're nerfed? I hope you then start calling to get yourself nerfed, otherwise you'd be a hypocrite.

The point is moot anyway. They've already been acknowledged, which is why they're fixing buff stacking. They'll re-evaluate after that and make further changes if necessary. Quite frankly I'm impressed that they're using a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer when it comes to balancing.

I dont care if I get nerfed as long as smugglers get nerfed. I dont think marauders need one, but if people think I do than cool, as long as smugglers get one.

What if you don't have your CC break?

It's going to happen and they are the ONLY class that will just about 100% kill you if you don't have your CC break, that's just stupid, if you don't see this your just blind.

And that's the ONLY thing they can do. Only one thing needs to be changed with Scoundrels / Ops, and that's the duration of the knockdown, which currently lasts longer than intended due to the standing up animation. 'Course, if they do that, they should also reduce the amount of resolve it generates to put it in line with a normal stun.