And so it begins and will only get worse from this point...

Zarthorn

That's right, Xrealming the cancer of DaoC has started on servers across SWTOR.

Players rolling secondary characters on the opposing side to allow there guildies/side to farm them in WZ's for medal bonuses.

And with the 1.1 patch, this stands to get worse as Ilum will simply become a haven of "farmer characters" specifically made to counter the incoming kill counter.

The one thing that utterly amazed me about this game is that Bioware and the Mythic devs chose to ignore just how bad Xrealming is and the damage it did to DaoC in it's later days when clustering became availible.

So I propose a lockdown timer, 48 hours between side switching as to decrease the possibility of farmer characters becoming a heavy and frequent problem in Ilum after 1.1

I was there for DaoC's fall from grace and the mid zerg and saw just how much damage Xrealming can do when left unchecked.

Don't let it happen here, if there is one thing any self-respecting PvP'er would ask you, it's for Xrealming to be stopped before it becomes rampant!

Edit: OFC to keep this fair to our casuals that like to play both side, the lockdown should only occur should any of your characters be PvP flagged within your playtime for that side, lockdown timer starts ticking down once you are unflagged.

Edited by Zarthorn

Xrealming doesn't really do much in ToR. Sure they get 3-4 extra medals and comms but valor is still the same.

And when 1.1 hits, it'll get worse since they will now make farm toons for Ilum to bypass the "kill" counter requirement Bioware are implementing, meaning nothing changes.

It also does do damage to WZ's because now you are 1 person down if 1 of your team happens to be someones farm toon.

I don't understand Xrealming and such.

Please explain to someone who never played DAoC

Xrealming = to have chars on both sides, however one is made for the purpose of boosting up a character on the other side, via:

Free wins

Free medals

Free Valor

And in the case of 1.1

Bypassing a PvP engagement requirement.

In DaoC it was rampant with several mid players having alb alts specifically for boosting there mid chars, Mythic later banned several of them but when they realised the problem was more widespread they introduced a lockdown timer, by that point it was too late...the damage had already been done and several Mid Players had been boosted significantly ahead of the Alb and Hib counterparts.

This is why Bioware need to act before it starts, it's going to be a big problem.

That's right, Xrealming the cancer of DaoC has started on servers across SWTOR.

Players rolling secondary characters on the opposing side to allow there guildies/side to farm them in WZ's for medal bonuses.

And with the 1.1 patch, this stands to get worse as Ilum will simply become a haven of "farmer characters" specifically made to counter the incoming kill counter.

The one thing that utterly amazed me about this game is that Bioware and the Mythic devs chose to ignore just how bad Xrealming is and the damage it did to DaoC in it's later days when clustering became availible.

So I propose a lockdown timer, 48 hours between side switching as to decrease the possibility of farmer characters becoming a heavy and frequent problem in Ilum after 1.1

I was there for DaoC's fall from grace and the mid zerg and saw just how much damage Xrealming can do when left unchecked.

Don't let it happen here, if there is one thing any self-respecting PvP'er would ask you, it's for Xrealming to be stopped before it becomes rampant!

Edit: OFC to keep this fair to our casuals that like to play both side, the lockdown should only occur should any of your characters be PvP flagged within your playtime for that side, lockdown timer starts ticking down once you are unflagged.

This doesn't really happen and will not really be happening because:

1) You don't get that many more comms or that much more valor for getting 1-2 extra medals than you normally would. What is it, 5 commendations and 50 valor each? How many more medals will you really be getting?

2) The level 50 bracket will eliminate this unless they want to roll characters, level them to 50, and then do it, which is counterproductive because they've just wasted a bunch of time they could have spent PvP'ing on their mains.

...And most importantly

3) It's pretty near impossible to guarantee you're going to be queued against the people you're trying to queue against.

I don't understand Xrealming and such.

Please explain to someone who never played DAoC

It is making a character on the opposing faction with the intent to exploit a system that requires both sides. For example, if you need to kill X number of Empire PCs to achieve a goal, you can have a friend hop on an alt (or for the even more depraved, log onto another one of your accounts) and farm them for kills. Xrealming (or cross-realming) is an annoying means by which someone can advance their character with minimal effort.

I saw this, literally the first week of Warzones the game was out.

People on empire here (can't prove it) have occasionally made a premade of level 10's (on republic). They queue up at the same time as their buddy's premade over vent. If both get a pop at the same time, they know it's the same game.

Then they sit in the warzone and eat up 4 slots while they idle and let themselves get killed/relay information said in /ops to the enemy team.

meh thats a lot of work just to get a little extra valor/oommendations. Not a big problem.

Its great for the game developer though because often people will purchase 2 accounts to make this happen - more subs for them.

Wait until 1.1 when the rest of us will be fighting for our kills in Ilum, some Xrealmer will be off in a corner grinding out on there friend or alt getting free bags by bypassing the kill requirement.

This only makes the gear disparity worse if left unchecked and why we need a lockdown timer on side switching.

Edited by Zarthorn

It's not an issue simply because the amount of commendations/valor you get in a warzone is really not affected by a few low lvl players/easy kills being in a warzone.

You can EASILY get 6 medals no matter what. Having someone to farm isn't going to make it easier to get to 8 or 9. It would probably make it harder.

i kinda agree with OP.. i mean it makes no sense to be able to have both sides on the same server imo. so if they want you to be able to roll everything on one server you should have some kind of timer. so we dont get the "farmers" and the winning team joiners that change whenever it gets hard .

~Abbe

The reason's this post makes me laugh.

1. when 1.1 come 50's have their own bracket. This means you would have to level a character to 50 just for a small chance to get into a warzone with guildies.

2. With Imps being over populated they would be better off making same faction characters and playing huttball.

3. No reliable way to pull this off. With all the time wasted trying to get this to work negates any bonus from doing it. Bioware has a pretty good system.

Edited by Miotoss

It's not an issue simply because the amount of commendations/valor you get in a warzone is really not affected by a few low lvl players/easy kills being in a warzone.

You can EASILY get 6 medals no matter what. Having someone to farm isn't going to make it easier to get to 8 or 9. It would probably make it harder.

Free wins as a result of the opposing team having one less player working with them is actually very damaging to gearing speeds.

If you can finish your dailies and weeklies with minimal effort youll get your bags quicker, rank up quicker and thus have a higher dice roll chance of being fully battlemaster geared.

Admitedly the problem was worse in DaoC due to the RR differences between ranks being rather large.

But think of it this way a battlemaster geared player is much harder to kill than a champ geared player so boosting through Xrealming can be very detrimental to natural gear progression.

Think of it this way we all dislike the lockbox farmers on Ilum.

This is the same sort of issue; different area effected.

1. when 1.1 come 50's have their own bracket. This means you would have to level a character to 50 just for a small chance to get into a warzone with guildies.

2. With Imps being over populated they would be better off making same faction characters and playing huttball.

3. No reliable way to pull this off. With all the time wasted trying to get this to work negates any bonus from doing it. Bioware has a pretty good system.

This post makes me laugh.

The system already been tried in Daoc and ended up with ppl farming their alts for an advantage the same second it was allowed.

Warzones isnt the big deal but the new ilum will be.

Leveling is easy in this game nothing stopping them from making a farm alt at level 50.

Another poster answered this using vent to get in the same WZ.

Ilum weeklies and dailies when the kill counter is added is where the abuse will matter most being able to bypass a requirement to effectively dodge pvping = free bags.

Lockouts do nothing. People just buy 2 subs. That's right, if they are willing to spend half their time to farm themselves or level their guildies *gasp* they are willing to spend $15 a month.

That being said the only real way to counter it is constant bannination. From word of mouth I've heard they have already banned some people for this kind of behavior, but again that's hear say.

Xrealming = to have chars on both sides, however one is made for the purpose of boosting up a character on the other side, via:

Free wins

Free medals

Free Valor

And in the case of 1.1

Bypassing a PvP engagement requirement.

In DaoC it was rampant with several mid players having alb alts specifically for boosting there mid chars, Mythic later banned several of them but when they realised the problem was more widespread they introduced a lockdown timer, by that point it was too late...the damage had already been done and several Mid Players had been boosted significantly ahead of the Alb and Hib counterparts.

This is why Bioware need to act before it starts, it's going to be a big problem.

You cant do that unless you have 8 accounts.......Whats the big deal? would a person get 8 accounts JUST to kill his own toons on Ilum......

This thread has been made under the assumption that BW has no idea who is winning on their servers, who is losing on their servers, whose account each toon is on, and on what guild.

I assure you, that information is readily available. If Xrealming is something you are doing right now, keep doing it, and tell us all how that turns out for you.