Searing Saber not adding 30% crit damage

Zhorx

After some testing with both Cauterize and Overload Saber i seem to only get the crit bonus from Surge Rating, Searing Saber doesn't add 30% crit damage.

Is this some known bug? Or the tooltip being outdated on the talent? Googling it came up blank.

Edited by Zhorx

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure... but if that is true thats a HUGE dps hit that we're taking right now. If our burns are doing 30% less when they crit then we would be borderline OP with that extra damage, zen would give us amazing burst.

Someone else should test it out.

After some testing with both Cauterize and Overload Saber i seem to only get the crit bonus from Surge Rating, Searing Saber doesn't add 30% crit damage.

Is this some known bug? Or the tooltip being outdated on the talent? Googling it came up blank.

This is definately worth investigating. I just respecced wish I had seen this first so I could test it. Too much of a Nit to pay to respec right now lol.

I'm assuming you tested by not having talent, using Cauterize and OS on a target, then getting talent and testing on same target right?

Man, super awesome if this is currently bugged cause that would be a great damage boost lol.

This is definately worth investigating. I just respecced wish I had seen this first so I could test it. Too much of a Nit to pay to respec right now lol.

I'm assuming you tested by not having talent, using Cauterize and OS on a target, then getting talent and testing on same target right?

Man, super awesome if this is currently bugged cause that would be a great damage boost lol.

I did not test it by not having the talent and then picking it up point by point. But will likely respec tomorrow (european) and run a full test depending if i get time to play.

What i noticed was burn effects having the exact same crit bonus as any other ability, even though i should have an additional 30% crit damage boost to them.

As in... having 79.5 % damage bonus to crits (50% baseline + 29.5% surge rating) on the paper doll my burn DOT crits were exactly 79.5% higher than my hits. They have no damage range so it's always the same numbers popping up. It wasn't the expected 109.5% damage bonus (50% baseline + 29.5% surge + 30% talent)

Testing with other, non-burn DOT, abilities they also had ~79.5% higher damage on crits. The ability damage range made the numbers i got vary a bit, but all were close enough to 79.5%.

It quite simply seemed like burns did not have any additional crit bonus, which they should if the talent worked as the tooltip suggests.

Edited by Zhorx

copy and paste the first paragraph into a bug report, I just did

Is it possible that this bug + ability stuttering is the core of Sentinel's issue?

Of course that would mean that if this is true that watchman would be the sole tree to use since its already better than the other 2 even without the 30% crit dmg bonus.

Yea the stuttering and miss fires as well as not getting the crits we supposed to. Also the whole force stasis thing where its not supposed to stun you when used and be an instant yea thats still busted as well.

Again to me it looks like they just threw in new content and said they fixed these things hopeing we wouldnt notice they didnt.

Just...what? Seriously? Oh my god.

I may be combat, but missing something like this. Good god.

Edit: If this is TRUE, then EVERYONE needs to know about this. Keep this topic bumped.

Edited by Kyromoo

Same damage with and without.

I never noticed before well spotted, I will ask some Marauders to check also see if they have the issue.

Something that annoyed me the other day was a Marauder choked me then started hitting me while I was choked, now I'm sorry but if we stasis we can not hit people because it cancels it how was he able to?