Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Will swtor have 1v1 2v2 3v3 etc

derich

I would love a arena system, I assume that's what he/she is asking for dueling is nothing compared. I would love to have it I like to pvp a lot but the best thing is small matches where it's not just a gang bang.

Exactly ! i know people are gonna scream after i say this

just like what WoW has :eek:

please no! The arena system in WoW was what caused so many issues with class balance. some classes/combinations are always going to work better together and it's next to impossible to balance a class for a 2v2 environment as well as an 8v8 or 16v16 plus PvE

it's just not realistic and it would cause more issues.

God, I hope not.

Arena was the beginning of the end for WoW's balance.

If you have small group pvp people expect combat to be balanced around small group combat.

That is impossible while keeping classes unique.

The ONLY way they should add an arena system is if they unequivocally said:

"We are adding an arena. We WILL NOT BE BALANCING this aspect of the game. Any whining or posts about balance in this aspect of the game will result in a forum ban."

...WOW is not the only mmo to have a arena, so I am not basing my opinion off that game. I do not like WOW.

reasons why a arena would be good in my IMO

1. Strong Guilds can play there and not gang bang soloists in warzones. Me and my fiance play together and we build other characters to play off each other. We have a strong advantage over random teams in warzones.

2. A new way to get valor and pvp gear is always great. Hell make pvp arena gear to add more content to the game. More options to get top gear does not hurt no one. Balance out he gear with all high level end gear content, and no one can complain(someone always complains now that I think about it.)

3. Spectator mode would be cool, so would a weekly leaderboard, more reasons to play the game after you hit 50.

God, I hope not.

If you have small group pvp people expect combat to be balanced around small group combat.

"We are adding an arena. We WILL NOT BE BALANCING this aspect of the game. Any whining or posts about balance in this aspect of the game will result in a forum ban."

This. X 1,000

I would love a arena system, I assume that's what he/she is asking for dueling is nothing compared. I would love to have it I like to pvp a lot but the best thing is small matches where it's not just a gang bang.

I honestly hope they never do. Even the developers at Blizzard have publicly admitted that Arena's were the single biggest mistake they ever made, and if they could they would remove Arena from the game entirely. It's made balancing an impossible task, and they have to work 10x as hard because of it. It essentially pitted the PvP and PvE communities against each other because they have to constantly re-balance classes because of arena which inevitably effects the PvE endgame. They also can't tweak classes to allow for more burst or higher dps for PvE without then tweaking them for PvP, and it always causes issues. It's a near impossible task to balance all classes to be effective in 2v2, 3v3, 5v5. Some classes are simply stronger in small group play.

I hope they simply stick with rated Warzones. There is already enough glaring imbalance in this game, an arena would just make things a lot worse, regardless of how fun it sounds.

Edited by SageH

Arenas are the equivalent of slap-fighting in a sandbox. They boil any pvp interaction down to twitch-based gaming with a select few compositions and disrupt balance across an entire game.

I'm all for more PVP options -- more objective based warzones, perhaps even some deathmatch / last man standing / king of the hill style warzones would be nice, but I in no way wish for or support an arena system.

Star Wars, for many, is about epic battles on large scales outside of the few "hero" duels. While there is certainly a heavy gladiatorial tradition in the SW universe, it has dark implications as a gameplay element. Arenas just don't fit anywhere so far as flavor goes. We're all playing Jedi, Sith, smugglers, bounty hunters, and government employees, not Wookie slaves.

That being said, throwing two opposing teams into an arena with a reasonable supply of rancors might be interesting.

God, I hope not.

Its all a matter of opinion, some people prefer the 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, because it promotes more competitive team play, some prefer more casual PvP.

Sure it would be hard to balance, but some people enjoy it.

EDIT: But If they don't add it, I hope they just add some other competitive option.

Edited by Inraika

awww you guys have no imagination

WHO SAID TO MAKE IT LIKE WOW????

make it different. i BW has enuf imagination.

and btw, i if you ever go on twitch.tv, owntv, etc... you will see many watching arena games. almost 0 watching, raids, quests, etc.

if arena will go away form wow now, will ruin the game.

Lineage 2 had this same system, but better than WoW offers.

I would love for people to try out more games than just One, i promise you'll find alot of them out there that are GREAT.

And it came before WoW so no, it's not a wow copy. But by now The Sims is a wow copy, apperently.

But a system like this, properly implemented would be good, but we haven't seen anything yet. I'm sure we will see alot of changes during the first 6 months.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.