The GOOD for 1,1 postponed

Wardrope

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well happy it postponed a people they dont like it can leave and stop trolling no reson for them to hang around.

and i am happy that bioware is taking their time to making it bug free as they can by trying to catch as much as they can.

6 years and how many million dollars??? and with every other mmo ever made as a template.

How much time and money do they need to get even the BASICS right.

The addicted needs of gamers prepared to put up with stuff for their fix is the very reason releases are so often so bad. Cancelling is the only thing a gamer can do to voice there displeasure.

This 'its a new game' argument is outdated and allows companies to slack whilst still making a fortune

Ya cuz Blizz MMO's are SOOO polished on release :rolleyes:

Compared to this game, yes they are!

Blizzard wouldn't release a game that practically plays like a beta. Stuff like the auction house, crafting, pvp/pve are all broken or meaningless in this game. All games will have some bugs, that is unavoidable, but lacking key systems and features is a big no-no.

TOR would need atleast 6 more months in beta to be worthy of a release.

Edited by Swampfot

Blizzard wouldn't release a game that practically plays like a beta. Stuff like the auction house, crafting, pvp/pve are all broken or meaningless in this game. All games will have some bugs, that is unavoidable, but lacking key systems and features is a big no-no.

Did you play Wow in its launch month??

Well you clearly didnt play WoW at release then if thats your opinion...

Also what exactly is "broken" about all those systems you listed? They all work fine for me.

AH - works fine, you may want better filtering or linked AHs, but they arent broken they just have a different design decision to what you personally want from it...

Crafting...works fine, i can craft items perfectly fine, some professions are better than others at end game, but they arent broken, they work perfectly fine.

PVP/PVE broken? Yeah theres some bugs, they arent broken though.

I think you may need to learn the definition of broken somewhat.

Also what exactly is "broken" about all those systems you listed? They all work fine for me.

AH - works fine, you may want better filtering or linked AHs, but they arent broken they just have a different design decision to what you personally want from it...

Crafting...works fine, i can craft items perfectly fine, some professions are better than others at end game, but they arent broken, they work perfectly fine.

Too much logic here man, don't bother it wont be read

I started playing WoW when it came out in europe around 15th february, my first server was Shadow Moon if I remember correctly. Raided quite a bit in "Warrior Kittens of Elune"... ahh, the memories.

The AH might work in this game but it is more like a placeholder. It is not very user-unfriendly. You can't even do a free text search or look for "head"-item. I was soo disappointed first time I saw it. Not that is really matters since there is nothing you want to buy from it that you can't easily get elsewhere. Vendor sell gear everywhere, nodes and mats are practically littering the ground.

Crafting is pretty meaningless. There is nothing worth crafting that you actually have use for, except for gearing up your companions. Same there, vendors sell equal gear.

Crewskills are boring as hell. Instead of actually working to max out for example salvaging or slicing or whatever, you just send out your companions to do it for you. If you want mats you send your companions. Why would anyone try and sell stuff when you get if for free basically, without any effort.

Credits are in abundance. If you want to buy something you can practically buy everything you want. It is soo easy to farm credits I doubt we will see many chinese farmers in this game. People will practically give their credit away because they are meaningless.

... well, I could go on about 30 different things, but it isn't worth it.

I hope you enjoy the game... I don't, but not everyone is the same. I just can't stand shoddy half done work like this game.

Edited by Swampfot

I'm depressed as I really want to get some PvP in. As republic on Giradda the Hut, there is one republic 50 for 300 Imp lvl 50s. PvP is unplayable.

I'm completely missing out on that aspect of the game because I refuse to play and feed rewards to the Imps.

I started playing WoW when it came out in europe around 15th february, my first server was Shadow Moon if I remember correctly. Raided quite a bit in "Warrior Kittens of Elune"... ahh, the memories.

Then you must remember how raids werent even in at release along with many other things...ahh the clouded memories.

The AH might work in this game but it is more like a placeholder. It is not very user-unfriendly. You can't even do a free text search or look for "head"-item. I was soo disappointed first time I saw it. Not that is really matters since there is nothing you want to buy from it that you can't easily get elsewhere. Vendor sell gear everywhere, nodes and mats are practically littering the ground.

Crafting is pretty meaningless. There is nothing worth crafting that you actually have use for, except for gearing up your companions. Same there, vendors sell equal gear.

Crewskills are boring as hell. Instead of actually working to max out for example salvaging or slicing or whatever, you just send out your companions to do it for you. If you want mats you send your companions. Why would anyone try and sell stuff when you get if for free basically, without any effort.

Credits are in abundance. If you want to buy something you can practically buy everything you want. It is soo easy to farm credits I doubt we will see many chinese farmers in this game. People will practically give their credit away because they are meaningless.

... well, I could go on about 30 different things, but it isn't worth it.

I hope you enjoy the game... I don't, but not everyone is the same. I just can't stand shoddy half done work like this game.

So my point stands then, they arent BROKEN as you said. They just arent what you were expecting of them. :p

Incidentally im not saying the game is flawless, im just sick of blanket statements such as "broken", specifics are far better. :p

Edited by Jinrai

Then you must remember how raids werent even in at release along with many other things...ahh the clouded memories.

So my point stands then, they arent BROKEN as you said. They just arent what you were expecting of them. :p

It took alot longer to level up and eplore in WoW. MC and Onyxia was in the game when I started raiding. I am not sure if they were in at the start but there was never a wait for end-game content.

And as to broken. A thing might fuction as intended and still be broken. When there is no use for it, like most crafting, then it is broken. Just take Elara Dorne for example. Her "carbonized stream" reset every time I got on the speeder, zoned or whatever. It was practically useless and just meant she wasn't healing me or doing something useful. That is a broken mechanic. There are tons of stuff like that in this game that has gotten no care and attention.

And as to broken. A thing might fuction as intended and still be broken. When there is no use for it, like most crafting, then it is broken. Just take Elara Dorne for example. Her "carbonized stream" reset every time I got on the speeder, zoned or whatever. It was practically useless and just meant she wasn't healing me or doing something useful. That is a broken mechanic. There are tons of stuff like that in this game that has gotten no care and attention.

That use of broken is fine, it is specific.

Saying PVE is broken is not correct. :p

Or one can have a different look on this like: they postponed it so that people who's sub was about to run out in couple of days will have to pay for one more month to see the changes. This way BW gets an extra month of subs from many players who maybe were likely to unsub because of the changes not satisfying them.

I'm not saying that's how it is, just saying this could be the case :rolleyes:

couple things about that.

1. last time they postponed a patch they ended up putting out 2 days later on Thursday.

2. seeing as people who are "on the fence" about the new content could just try it out on the test server. Your theory doesn't hold any water.

3. it's a catch 22. If they released it on time with a major bug you would be saying "OMG Bioware is fail they should never release a patch like this"

It's more likely to mean the fixes they already came up with don't work or that yet more bugs have been found they didn't know about.

Either way, it's not 'good news' that they still can't fix many serious problems that have existed since before the game was released.

I can hear you have NO IDEA how programming works, and if you say you do, or a programmer self, then you are a bad one... programming takes time. If you think you can do a better job, apply to do the job for them

1. last time they postponed a patch they ended up putting out 2 days later on Thursday.

2. seeing as people who are "on the fence" about the new content could just try it out on the test server. Your theory doesn't hold any water.

3. it's a catch 22. If they released it on time with a major bug you would be saying "OMG Bioware is fail they should never release a patch like this"

Can't wait til most of these people are gone, and its the same people who keeps apearing... it's sad for them imo

I see alot of people here thinks that what i wrote on page one is actually what i think is the reason for postponment.

I only said that this is just another way of looking at the postponment decision.

But answering the quoted part of your post: no i can assure you that i wouldn't cry that Bioware failed for delivering broken patch. If the problems are concerning only PvE side of the game (like always bugged bosses in really crappy (in my opinion) end game instances) then i wouldn't cry because i would have my 50 bracket which is all i wanted with this patch.

Do you see me crying on the forums about broken things? No as i'm not really a complainer so i also wouldn't complain if BW delivered a broken patch (something we will sure get used to i think). I'm semi happy with the game and i will renew my sub anyway so people should really stop confusing me with all the moaners and nerd ragers...

Edited by Endel

It's a good scam. Buggy game, 1/2 a dozen bug fix's in 30 days only. And now the first major patch to address all this is oddly enough delayed to just at or beyond the renewal time frame. I call BS. There doing this on purpose. I'm quite frankly tired of all the excuses. I don't pay for excuses. I'll pay for results. But every day i check the forums, and everyday its simply more corporate pandering and excuses from bioware. You want my F'in money, support your f'in product beyond simply providing me bandwidth. This is not an mmo, have fun a 50. There's nothing there. And don't tell me blah blah blah rush. If taking a week off at christmas and playing 4-6 hours a day for 5 days gets me to 50 is called 'rushing'. You guys are just awful at your design process. Space sucks, crafting sucks, ui/galactic market sucks, another stupid daily mission system (yawn), linear boring quest hubs and planets. Whole dam game feels like its only rails. Exploration? Pvp?

It says to me that theres more problems than there should be tbh.

It is 'coincidental'* that the update is going to be just outside the first sub date ( i will still say that and ive paid up for 2 months with a timecard)

*sarcasm

If major (graphically mainly for me) things arent sorted by the end of my timecard im may be off, as much as it pains me to say that.

Star Trek Online is f2p now from today so i may take a look at that, that was bs too a year back but may have improved and as f2p nothing to lose.

Edited by Urko

Hello guys , well im a quiet happy cause BW postponed 1.1 patch

THAT MEANS....

More more fixes incoming i guess , more improvements, i hope they do nice job till they make live the 1.1 patch , also we can hope for a UI FIX and many many things

Lets be patience and wait :)

I bet they add nothing to the 1.1. They just delay it and that's it!

It's a good scam. Buggy game, 1/2 a dozen bug fix's in 30 days only. And now the first major patch to address all this is oddly enough delayed to just at or beyond the renewal time frame. I call BS. There doing this on purpose. I'm quite frankly tired of all the excuses. I don't pay for excuses. I'll pay for results. But every day i check the forums, and everyday its simply more corporate pandering and excuses from bioware. You want my F'in money, support your f'in product beyond simply providing me bandwidth. This is not an mmo, have fun a 50. There's nothing there. And don't tell me blah blah blah rush. If taking a week off at christmas and playing 4-6 hours a day for 5 days gets me to 50 is called 'rushing'. You guys are just awful at your design process. Space sucks, crafting sucks, ui/galactic market sucks, another stupid daily mission system (yawn), linear boring quest hubs and planets. Whole dam game feels like its only rails. Exploration? Pvp?

Calm down. You don't want a heart attack do you? :p

But you are absolutely right imo. I feel kind of sad for BW though. They must have alot bigger problems than a few bugs if they can't do more to get this game right. Maybe it is the hero-engine that is making it hard to fix stuff. It is hard to patch something that is inherently broken.