Confused (player-base reaction to content)

Bruinologist

Class mechanics make this game awesome!

People forget about them :(

I always enjoy getting to learn how a new class works too.

I have a problem for a couple of reasons. First is skill bloat...lots of MMO's have this issue, I'd like to see games experiment with other design philosophies. I'm not saying go all out GW1 (though that was a very interesting approach) but look at other ways of doing things. Trion mitigated that to a degree with their macro scheme, put all your CC's in a macro and have one button for them. Smuggler stealth (for example) has 4 keys at least 3 are not neccassary as the game could know by context what you want to do.

Combat itself is fun but not as satisfying as it could be (largely due to skill lag and engine issues). It's just not as 'crisp' as it could be.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was shocked at some of the repetition, as well. I guess you can't reasonably expect all fresh dialogue from 1-50 but some of it is played out. My friends and I joke about my Trooper's catchphrase "...how Havoc Squad gets it done!" and my snide Shadow's "Let's try words, shall we?"

It didn't really start to hit me on my Shadow until either Tatooine or Alderaan but as soon as I noticed it, I noticed it a lot. My trooper was barely on Taris before my buddies and would crack up every time I mentioned Havoc Squad and "getting things done". I deliberately go out of my way to pick options that I think will lead to Havoc Squad's capacity to do things just for the giggle-factor.

Some of the recycled bits don't even make sense in the context of the conversation you use them in, and some of them are used in class-story quests! Generic quests are one thing but recycled, ill-fitting clips in class-specific missions? Really?

This is one thing (the repetitive 'catch phrases')I have begun to notice myself and will admit, I dislike it. Not game-breaking for me, but surely annoying. I also agree with you and some other folks regarding the graphics. The game environments seem fine to me (not nearly as good as other titles I've encountered, but not 'bad' by my own definition). The character models however, leave much to be desired. Shadow quality as well.

@OP

I'm not attempting to troll anyone. I don't think that matters as I'm sure someone will jump down my throat regardless.

I generally find that with almost any game i play, especially newer games, the forums turn into a black hole really really fast. Take Battlefield 3 for instance. The forums were a living hell before the game even released. While some of these complaints have meaning and constructive thoughts to back up any concern, there is 10 times as much filler complaining going on.

What I mean by "filler" is that a lot of the threads either start out, or turn into "I hate this game" with no real reason or "I'm cancelling my sub because I like to whine". I've found that I generally spend no time in the forums because I'm busy playing the game and would rather not read the constant nagging and negativity. It's really easy to sit back and read the forums when you are mad about something, and then let other peoples baseless complaints make you even more mad at the game. Then it turns into a deal where you spiral out of control and make a rage thread.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that TBH.....this is my first post in the general forums (that I can remember) for a reason. It's the gutter of this game. I never see anyone complaining in the in-game chat. No one on the community made rakata mind prison forums is complaining either. Take what you see with a grain of salt (most of the time), and move on.

Edited by ImpactBlu

I have a problem for a couple of reasons. First is skill bloat...lots of MMO's have this issue, I'd like to see games experiment with other design philosophies.

Part of the reason I enjoy PvP so much in this game is because I have a button for every occasion. Having them all mapped and knowing when to use them, especially the more niche keys, is part of the skill:)

Although we do need more bars

WALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYESWALL OF TEXT HURTS MY EYES

SW:TOR will fail. Nostradamus told me so.

The ones who kick and shout the loudest are the ones who dislike it :)

Or the ones that are more interested to play a better game, so they ask for fixes. Or the ones that want to get what they pay for. One can also say the ones who do not kick and shout are fanboys that accept anything they get served. Generalizations hurt.

And, how many characters have you leveled? I'm on number 6, now. I used to not spacebar through class story voiceovers. Guess what? After 5 characters, I blow through the class stories and yawn at the same time.

Replayability, dude/dudette. It is nonexistent.

If you have less than 9 characters and you're spacebaring through class quests, then you're doing it wrong.

Edited by Daemonjax

I always enjoy getting to learn how a new class works too.

I have a problem for a couple of reasons. First is skill bloat...lots of MMO's have this issue, I'd like to see games experiment with other design philosophies. I'm not saying go all out GW1 (though that was a very interesting approach) but look at other ways of doing things. Trion mitigated that to a degree with their macro scheme, put all your CC's in a macro and have one button for them. Smuggler stealth (for example) has 4 keys at least 3 are not neccassary as the game could know by context what you want to do.

Combat itself is fun but not as satisfying as it could be (largely due to skill lag and engine issues). It's just not as 'crisp' as it could be.

Yeah, I like the combat mechanics, but there are hindering skill lag that I have noticed. Hopefully something that will be addressed sooner, rather than later. I do like some of the ideas implemented concerning individual class mechanics and resources.

I don't understand the hubbub about there not being an endgame

There's hard mode flashpoints, 65 valor ranks, normal, heroic, nightmare operations, datacrons to collect, world bosses to kill, lore objects to find, mounts and pets to collect, and all the silly little PvP tiffs you can get into

"Hardmode" flashpoint are pretty easy and pointless if you have PvP gear.

Normal OPs are easy and again fairly pointless if you have PvP gear.

Heroic OPs are somewhat harder mainly due to glitchy fights but they are the same OPs. Unless you are in a progression guild or just really want a slight upgrade to (PvE)gear then there isn't much point.

Same goes for Nightmare unless your guild is chasing Worlds Firsts, which are probably all done by now.

World Bosses? Lol, if you found a group you could clear them all in a night, thought there are probably only a couple that matter at cap.

Lore objects?? Rofl, haven't tried that and don't plan to.

Got all the datacrons I needed in a few hours one day.

Mount collecting. . . nothanks.

PvP 'tiffs' don't really exist in the open-world and WZs are pretty much a strait grind, plus once you get Battlemaster (and corresponding gear) you really have no incentive to ever play again and are almost certainly completely burnt out on the same 3 WZs over and over and over.

Or the ones that are more interested to play a better game, so they ask for fixes. Or the ones that want to get what they pay for. One can also say the ones who do not kick and shout are fanboys that accept anything they get served. Generalizations hurt.

The people in this thread are complaining about voiceovers

From the very beginning, this game was touted as being a fully voiced MMO

They weren't asking for fixes, they were asking for the game to be completely changed from the original plans

They need to just play a different game

Also, why so hateful? :(

@OP

I'm not attempting to troll anyone. I don't think that matters as I'm sure someone will jump down my throat regardless.

I generally find that with almost any game i play, especially newer games, the forums turn into a black hole really really fast. Take Battlefield 3 for instance. The forums were a living hell before the game even released. While some of these complaints have meaning and constructive thoughts to back up any concern, there is 10 times as much filler complaining going on.

What I mean by "filler" is that a lot of the threads either start out, or turn into "I hate this game" with no real reason or "I'm cancelling my sub because I like to whine". I've found that I generally spend no time in the forums because I'm busy playing the game and would rather not read the constant nagging and negativity. It's really easy to sit back and read the forums when you are mad about something, and then let other peoples baseless complaints make you even more mad at the game. Then it turns into a deal where you spiral out of control and make a rage thread.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that TBH.....this is my first post in the general forums (that I can remember) for a reason. It's the gutter of this game. I never see anyone complaining in the in-game chat. No one on the community made rakata mind prison forums is complaining either. Take what you see with a grain of salt (most of the time), and move on.

Yeah, I understand and agree concerning forums. Guess I just had happened upon them while playing around with my account and ended up posting some of my thoughts. About ready to hop on and play a bit, but thank you and others who have posted comments, thoughts, etc.

@OP

This is not a flame.

But, you do realize that the proportion of people that are happy with the game is fairly equal to those that are not, in this "gutter"? Correct?

As an aside, they have yet to implement any subforums (server-based).

I just find it a bit strange that posts, like yours, keep popping up saying "don't listen to people that have issues or gripes, with the game on these forums. They are just a few..." Yet, the fanbois are just as rampant. Why aren't these supposed lovers, of the game, playing? No, they are flash posting just as badly as the haters.

Unless you are in a progression guild or just really want a slight upgrade to (PvE)gear then there isn't much point.

Same goes for Nightmare unless your guild is chasing Worlds Firsts, which are probably all done by now.

I don't care if other people did nightmare mode bosses first. People did normal modes before you, what difference does that make?

Are you rank 65? Do you have full battlemaster? You say that after you get full PvP gear you have no incentive to ever log on again, but are you aware that there is currently ranked PvP in the works?

There is work to be done for you. You can not throw away a major portion of the content and complain that there is no content.

games been around for like 7 months for some man... and the changes we have seen and fixes we have seen in that 7 months is laughable.

Why judged so harshly though? Perhaps because it is a LAUNCHING AAA title.. with 100M spent on the game? Probably has something to do with it.

I don't care if other people did nightmare mode bosses first. People did normal modes before you, what difference does that make?

Are you rank 65? Do you have full battlemaster? You say that after you get full PvP gear you have no incentive to ever log on again, but are you aware that there is currently ranked PvP in the works?

There is work to be done for you. You can not throw away a major portion of the content and complain that there is no content.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'll try to clarify.

First point: Hardmode raids (and Nightmare) are the same raid/content as the normal mode you already did. The primary difference being how difficult it is to group for if you aren't in a progression guild and how many glitches the fights have.

Point 2: Once you achieve battlemaster and get the associated gear, there is no point to que for warzones anymore unless you really enjoy mindless PvP. The system for PvP is almost entirely reward based and if you or others on your team are grinding out battlemaster levels then the optimal path is ignoring the win/loss objective and 'medal farming' assuming you get at least 3 wins a day for your daily.

Have you grinded out the 65 valor levels? I grinded out 50 and decided that I would rather just have champ gear than grind the last 10 significantly harder levels. I'm not ignoring huge portions of content. I have done all of the raiding content and most of the HMs; I honestly don't consider Nightmare to be new content just a scaled version of the same content. I think there is very little 'content' that I haven't done at least once.

How many more days till your subs end the whining is so tired, i'm sure blizzard will welcome you back to their comfy lobby system.

EDIT: I find this so ironic that it's unbearable. Other that a few dailies on Ilum when does anyone ever leave the fleet at level cap?

Edited by Orkayl

I'm actually very happy here :)

Gunslinger is a far stronger all around, far more compelling, far more playable, far more complex and intricate class than my elemental shaman ever was

example #2

and it's funny you say that. i found gunslinger to be the least interesting and had a bad story line. WHERE'S MY SHIP dur....

to each his/her own. :)