How are Voidstar Ties Settled?

GlowRage

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ties definitely go to the second attacker. This has never failed for me except in the situation that neither team gets through the first door, or both teams reach the datacore. I've seen all sorts of wacky results when that happens (although it's only been a few times), so I have no idea what the rule is there. I am certain though that if team one at least makes it through that first door, all team two has to do is make it through the same door and it's an automatic win. Edited by vindianajones

I played one Voidstar match where neither team made it passed the first door. neither team even managed to get a bomb placed. Yet in the end my team won. Even though the other team had racked up more kills, more heals, and higher damage numbers.

How that game's victor was decided is still a complete mystery to me.

I played one Voidstar match where neither team made it passed the first door. neither team even managed to get a bomb placed. Yet in the end my team won. Even though the other team had racked up more kills, more heals, and higher damage numbers.

How that game's victor was decided is still a complete mystery to me.

I just had the same thing and we lost. Nooo idea.

It is not based on:

Time,

Medals,

Kills

I believe it has already been stated, I think tie goes to the second attacker, might be the other way around, but it's based on the order the teams went.

Yes i think this is also the reason the last team to attack with a tie auto wins.

Huttball on the other end is random i at first always thought it was the same as WoW the last to score wins. But i now believe its either random, or based on the last team to have the ball in there hands. Since i have seen games where it ends 1/1 and we scored last and still lost.

In my opinion it would be better if there was a simple "Tie" option where both receive 80% (or something) of the points of winning a game.

I played one last night where we blew up the first door in about 30 seconds, got stuck on the second door, blew it up at the 52 second mark and then round 1 finished before any real further assault could happen.

Second round, the enemy team took 1:30 on the first door, the second door they blew up with 10 seconds left (not doing anything further obviously) and somehow they won the match, I don't know how it works, but time is not the factor.

Yes i think this is also the reason the last team to attack with a tie auto wins.

Huttball on the other end is random i at first always thought it was the same as WoW the last to score wins. But i now believe its either random, or based on the last team to have the ball in there hands. Since i have seen games where it ends 1/1 and we scored last and still lost.

In my opinion it would be better if there was a simple "Tie" option where both receive 80% (or something) of the points of winning a game.

Also, I know in huttball the team with the ball in hands wins in the case of a tie.

If team 1 takes 5 min 45 seconds to get the second doors down but goes no further, and team 2 takes 7 min to get the second doors down- team 1 wins.

I'm not sure what would happen if both team 1 and 2 take the exact same amount of time to manage something.

In the case where no doors go down, I believe it's based on kills- but I've never had that occur so dunno.

Void star ties are settled thusly. In the second round, if the opponent team makes it as far as the first team did, they win. Thus, if you got the bridge extended in your round and in the second round the opponent team does as well, they win.

Just had a match that blew this theory out of the water. Try again.

• 2 months later...

ties are settled based on the time it takes you to reach the doors. for example:

the first team opens the first door in 30s, gets the bridges down, but fails to get through the second door.

the second team opens the first door after 2mins, gets the bridges down, and also fails to get through the second door.

the first team will win, as they had a faster time to complete the same number of objectives

ties are settled based on the time it takes you to reach the doors. for example:

the first team opens the first door in 30s, gets the bridges down, but fails to get through the second door.

the second team opens the first door after 2mins, gets the bridges down, and also fails to get through the second door.

the first team will win, as they had a faster time to complete the same number of objectives

Actually in this case the first team to drop the bridge would win because it's an objective, though usually the team that gets the door first also gets the bridge first.

I'm not sure how 0-0 ties are decided since nobody has an objective in that case.

Note that having a bomb going doesn't count as getting the objective.

Edited by Astarica

Actually in this case the first team to drop the bridge would win because it's an objective, though usually the team that gets the door first also gets the bridge first.

I'm not sure how 0-0 ties are decided since nobody has an objective in that case.

Note that having a bomb going doesn't count as getting the objective.

If having a bomb going doesn't count then it's the second team that attacks that wins. Was in a Voidstar yesterday where we took forever to get to the third set of doors, while the Imps burned through the first two sets but got held from planting on the last set. We got to the third set of doors with 15 seconds left, planted since the defending team was either in respawn or tied up coming from the second set of doors (aoe CC for the win). Planted, aoe's to prevent removal, win.

So it's either the second attacking team ALWAYS wins (i doubt this is the case because i've been in ones where we got as far as the first team but still lost), or planting a bomb counts as a partial objective (while removal of said bomb removes that objective). So might be possible that planting with less time than it takes to explode the bomb, and preventing removal of that bomb is an objective for win in case of a tie.

If having a bomb going doesn't count then it's the second team that attacks that wins. Was in a Voidstar yesterday where we took forever to get to the third set of doors, while the Imps burned through the first two sets but got held from planting on the last set. We got to the third set of doors with 15 seconds left, planted since the defending team was either in respawn or tied up coming from the second set of doors (aoe CC for the win). Planted, aoe's to prevent removal, win.

So it's either the second attacking team ALWAYS wins (i doubt this is the case because i've been in ones where we got as far as the first team but still lost), or planting a bomb counts as a partial objective (while removal of said bomb removes that objective). So might be possible that planting with less time than it takes to explode the bomb, and preventing removal of that bomb is an objective for win in case of a tie.

In the case you described the first person to drop the last force field would win. It is quite possible to have an extended fight in that area. I've had games where the enemy bombed the door that we never bombed but still won because their bomb didn't go off in time.

People tend to forget the force field itself is an objective and I've seen 2 minute battles fighting for the force field in close games.

I made a thread on this a while ago and it was confirmed by a dev that the winner is decided at random in the event of a tie.

Also, extending the bridge and removing the forcefields don't count as progression. So if one team reaches the second room, extends the bridge but doesnt get any further. Then the opposite team gets to the second room but doesn't extend the bridge, it's still decided randomly who wins.

EDIT: Here it is:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=312973&page=10

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, it seems that our CS droids were in error when they responded to Ashania's original tickets and for that, we apologize.

Currently, in the event of a tie on Voidstar, the winner is randomly chosen. We are going to be improving this with 1.2, but in the meantime, that is how winners are currently chosen for ties on Voidstar.

Again, I apologize for any confusion and thank you for letting us know about this.

and it doesnt look like it was improved for 1.2. One of the reasons it needed improving was for Rated Warzones, which didnt make it for 1.2 so i don't think any improvements were made.

If it were to have changed then obviously it would be based on who did it fastest. But it still seems that's not the case for some people.

But the random decider is still in place for 0-0 ties.

Edited by Ashania

I made a thread on this a while ago and it was confirmed by a dev that the winner is decided at random in the event of a tie.

Also, extending the bridge and removing the forcefields don't count as progression. So if one team reaches the second room, extends the bridge but doesnt get any further. Then the opposite team gets to the second room but doesn't extend the bridge, it's still decided randomly who wins.

EDIT: Here it is:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=312973&page=10

and it doesnt look like it was improved for 1.2. One of the reasons it needed improving was for Rated Warzones, which didnt make it for 1.2 so i don't think any improvements were made.

If it were to have changed then obviously it would be based on who did it fastest. But it still seems that's not the case for some people.

Err it was changed for 1.2, but the points in Voidstar has always been:

0 - For showing up

1 - First door

2 - First force field

3 - Second door

4 - Second force field

5 - Final door

6 - Data core

If you have a force field down while the other team does not, you always would have won on objective point alone. I.e. if I have first bridge down and you only have first door down, the score shows up as 2-1. No tiebreakers needed there.

Edited by Astarica

Err it was changed for 1.2, but the points in Voidstar has always been:

0 - For showing up

1 - First door

2 - First force field

3 - Second door

4 - Second force field

5 - Final door

6 - Data core

If you have a force field down whiel the other team, you always would have won on objective point alone. I.e. if I have first bridge down and you only have first door down, the score shows up as 2-1. No tiebreakers needed there.

But if nobody gets through the first doors and it remains 0-0, then it must still be decided randomly.

Yeah that part I have no idea how it's decided, though only had 1 0-0 game since patch.

My understanding was that BW coded it to be a coin toss to determine the victor.

I assumed they did it this way because they are too lazy to code a tie into the system, where both teams get loss rewards, but it counts as a win for dailies.