No patch on 1/17/2011

Kryptale

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess, you are probably only mid to high lvl 30. You either are not in a guild, or in a small one, AND you don't pvp?

It's simple they need to rename the game Star Wars: The old Rebuglic. Way to many, and way to many fanboys defending a broken game.

Actually I am 50 with multiple alts some raid gear, some pvp gear with a flourishing guild. We are having a great time with this fun game and if you are not you should just be an adult and leave gracefully. Seeing how you cant do that makes me question you and your motives.....

No they shoudn't actually. Hotfixed are things that never fix anything. A solid patch that fixes the problems and keep them fixed are the right way to go. If that means postponing, then so be it.

Wait what? hotfixes are the best invention since Putting mission items next to the mission tracker (o wait....)

Hotfixes are the best invention since being able to link your skills in chat (o wait..)

hotfixes are the best invention since being able to ML in a Ops group (o wait...)

:D

I am pretty disappoint that BioWare have decided last minute not to release patch 1.1 tomorrow as scheduled. I realize that issues arise within development that can delay this sort of thing, but I was looking forward to not having to deal with the stupid green glow from companion healing. Not to mention that it would be really nice if we Jedi Knights who have been with you since launch could progress our storylines with Kira Carsen. She's been bugged from the beginning for me.

Its called "i feel like im being milked" ... this patch was never intended to come out today, it was said that it would just to make us feel better...

gota love bio and ea milking me day in and day out. very sick of it.

nothing comes out of bioware and ea as promised... why you pulling these fanboys legs bio? cuz ea orders you too? bla bla bla

Edited by chiselyou

You know if Bioware released the patch before hand some of the whiners would have wailed.

"OHHH Bioware is trying desperately to patch and add content to keep people from quitting!!!!!"

:rolleyes:

No matter what they do it isn't enough to some people Bioware is in a no win situation...so they say to hell with it and do what's best for the game..there are a couple things that needed tweaking so they held off and I applaud them for that.

This doesn't make sense. Nobody would have flamed BW for patching the game too early. Sure, they might have said BW did it to keep people from quitting, but nobody would have thought it was the wrong thing to do. BW's job right now should be to fix the game asap.

Let me guess, you are probably only mid to high lvl 30. You either are not in a guild, or in a small one, AND you don't pvp?

It's simple they need to rename the game Star Wars: The old Rebuglic. Way to many, and way to many fanboys defending a broken game.

Lets see....

the vast majority of people who are playing are not coming to the forums to whine about minor issues they are not screaming the sky is falling

Even the harshest critics are saying they are in love with this game and you can't say those dudes are paid off because they actually enjoy bashing new titles. The simple fact is the sky isn't falling you are a tiny vocal minority and most folks are quite happy with TOR.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Lets see....

the vast majority of people who are playing are not coming to the forums to whine about minor issues they are not screaming the sky is falling

Even the harshest critics are saying they are in love with this game and you can't say those dudes are paid off because they actually enjoy bashing new titles. The simple fact is the sky isn't falling you are a tiny vocal minority and most folks are quite happy with TOR.

Thank you!!! :)

You folks are funny. You complain that SWTOR has bugs, but when BW holds a patch because folks on the public server have reported bugs and that they are going to fix them, then BW is trying to rob it's customers? Do any of you folks realize how contradictory that is?

The folks that are complaining the most never had any intention of staying and playing and every intention of rushing to 50 so that they could complain. It is as transparent as a well cleaned glass window.

Lets see....

Go tell all the posters in the CS threads that the issues they are experiencing are minor. GL with that

You folks are funny. You complain that SWTOR has bugs, but when BW holds a patch because folks on the public server have reported bugs and that they are going to fix them, then BW is trying to rob it's customers? Do any of you folks realize how contradictory that is?

The folks that are complaining the most never had any intention of staying and playing and every intention of rushing to 50 so that they could complain. It is as transparent as a well cleaned glass window.

I clean windows for CHEAP!!!!

No they shoudn't actually. Hotfixed are things that never fix anything. A solid patch that fixes the problems and keep them fixed are the right way to go. If that means postponing, then so be it.

We must have a differing understanding of what a hotfix is then, for I have seen several games us hotfixes regularly to make their games better. Just about all hotfixes I have seen have in fact fixed stuff and kept it fixed. Small non-critical fixes or a fix to a patch that was recently implemented being the most common.

Just cause they push a hotfix patch does not mean it was untested and yes there are some things connected to so many others that the size of patch required would mean a full regular patch, but that is not what I was talking about. The Kira bug for example is seperate from every other thing in the patch notes, and fairly small is size. Once it was found to be working as intended on the Test Server it could be put in a hotfix patch and pushed live, especially considering how it was a problem all through Beta as well.

Hotfixing such small things regularly shows the team is working on bugs and committed to bettering their game and looks highly professional.

EA wanted this game out badly to procure the inflow of funds. Cover the cost... so things might have been rushed.

Knowing EA... That's what ruined Mythic's Warhammer Online.

It is what it is... Bioware is a gaming company and they know how frustrating it is to play with bugs as much as anyone else. But EA is a profit entity... a corporate company only goal is to target profit.. They don't care if there are bugs.. they just want your money... Teaming up with EA means succumbing to the Evil Empire, yet it also means funding... not much one can do.

We must have a differing understanding of what a hotfix is then, for I have seen several games us hotfixes regularly to make their games better. Just about all hotfixes I have seen have in fact fixed stuff and kept it fixed. Small non-critical fixes or a fix to a patch that was recently implemented being the most common.

Just cause they push a hotfix patch does not mean it was untested and yes there are some things connected to so many others that the size of patch required would mean a full regular patch, but that is not what I was talking about. The Kira bug for example is seperate from every other thing in the patch notes, and fairly small is size. Once it was found to be working as intended on the Test Server it could be put in a hotfix patch and pushed live, especially considering how it was a problem all through Beta as well.

Hotfixing such small things regularly shows the team is working on bugs and committed to bettering their game and looks highly professional.

That would have been pretty nice. I quite playing my Sentinal 2 weeks ago because of the Kira bug (felt like i already missed out on good story and content by level 34). I was looking forward to getting back to that.... but i guess i few more days isn't horrible. The hotfix thing would have been nice though, at this point i don't give a flying **** about pvp or end game add ons, im still trying to work through some stories...

This is going to sound extremely harsh so sorry about it.

But lets be reasonable pulling a patch 5 hours before they release it.. thats a no go. Then just dont say when you are going to release a patch. Untill you cant find a single thing wron with it anymore. Or atleast so little wrong with it that a quick hotfix (50 mb or something) can fix it immediately the other day.

If this bug is so "massive" and they finally after 2 weeks of reading the forums just 5 hours before the release discoverd it. They either have horrible PTR testers, or horrible in house testers.. i mean if its true what some people (Even in this thread) say that in beta there where bugs. Thats still have not been solved to this date. I mean why not push this patch out if everything was rushed in the first place. The more bugs the happier right?!.

In all honesty if you delay something in such a short notice. Atleast give us the exact reason not some "vague" we found a "major bug because of help from the community feedback on the ptr forums". Even if this is true why not tell us the exact reason for example: Putting this patch on our servers to update to your game causes your whole pc to explode (yes i know over exaggerating doesnt change my point).

Simply put: Share more information to get a better response from the community otherwise you will get what you have achieved now people who feel cheated.

I dont say it cant be true hell if its true then thank god they didnt put it out yet. But if there is not "legit" reason no to launch this patch now. And people find out that there was no reason you will have alot of unhappy customers.

PS: Also adding more stuff to the current patch to please people is also a bad choise why? : because this for me only will mean the patch was ready (for today with its current features). And not to find a way to delay this patch by adding additional stuff to the current patch. Then this will feel again like cheating the community because you promised patch 1.1 had said features and fixes. And just because with the subscription (which is how it feels now) it was better to delay the patch a few days.

PPS: If they release it tomorrow or in the next 24 hours disregard anything said above.

Sorry for any english mistakes, also dont see this as hating i just find it really odd that they would pull patch 5 hours before release without any clear reason to me atleast why they would do such a thing.

This.

Take this to heart Bioware. Not just with the current issue. Most of the playerbase rage could have been totally avoided by communicating more information. It's not development anymore.

This is an MMO community, a very engaged one, paying to play this game. You need to tell us whats going on, what happens and why. You are as secretive as the US goverment..

Biggest QQ on the forum used to be: I can't believe they released xyz feature in the state it was in, why not wait and get it right! They rushed it and I can't believe it!

Newest QQ: I can't believe they are delaying the patch, just release it already and fix it later!

lolol... sigh... would be ever funnier if it weren't so sad

Thanks for the name calling .

This isn't Norma Ray and tiny vocal minorities are not always right...the vast majority of people are not on the forums pissing and moaning they are actually enjoying the game...those millions would be pretty pissed if Bioware changed the game for fifteen forum warriors....they are making sure the patch is as bug free as possible and are still making fixes to issues on a regular basis.

You have no complaint.

Can you please explain regular basis? 3 patches 2 weeks ago, that was good, I was happy, then nothing.

except, the whole "ya we fixed guild listings, 4real this time" and it's still borked

Edited by Yewdee

This is a private forum, you have no right to freedom of speech here.

Hahaha too true. Waaaaaaaahhhhhh

Where is the milk guy? According to him we are all cows and being milked for our 2% by Bioware. I'm glad I found out today and not at a later date..... I could've been all milked out :mad:

This is a private forum, you have no right to freedom of speech here.

OH, ****. My bad, :eek: Off to the Customer Service forums, to see what all the damn whiners and complainers are riled up about today. This one thread that had like 140 pages of people who can't use the patcher... Man, that one is a screamer... So good.

OH, ****. My bad, :eek: Off to the Customer Service forums, to see what all the damn whiners and complainers are riled up about today. This one thread that had like 140 pages of people who can't use the patcher... Man, that one is a screamer... So good.

I will mail you a friend so you are not so lonely and upset anymore. I am sorry :(