Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

BioWare plz atleast tell us you are working on the hood down issue instead of us hoping you are. I like how in the video you said "we are listening to you guys". As you can see we have a good crowd of players that think this is an important addon that you can add to a patch. Its the little things that can make a game even more enjoyable, like having that RP feeling once and a while would refreash my feeling for playing more. just a thought, and thanks for a great game!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most irritating thing is that the look is there. My Inquisitor looses the hood if I put on a helmet. So the "without hood" look exists but cannot be done by any other method. Personally, for a sense of immersion, I'd take the hood down while on the ship and interacting with certain NPCs and up for everything else. I like the hood look, but I want the option.

On a related note: I would like the option to keep the hood up with helmets. Come on, Revan can do it! Why can't it? Fine I'm not Revan, but still.

Actually if you look in-game he cant.. Only his helm is on without his hood.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

I got an "orange" piece of equipment that is equipped in the head slot. When equipped it looks like my Guardian is wearing a visor which I do not mind being that he is a Miraluka anyway. An additional effect is once I equipped this visor, the hood on my Guardian's cloak disappeared. So apparently some head slot equipment can override the hood on the cloak.

I can't believe this has 530 replies of support for hood down changes and yet BW feels this is a trivial subject. It's like none of the BW employees have roled a JK, or else they'd feel the same way too. What I want to know is why they keep showing hood down armors in the promos? Its kind of messed up.

I can't believe this has 530 replies of support for hood down changes and yet BW feels this is a trivial subject. It's like none of the BW employees have roled a JK, or else they'd feel the same way too. What I want to know is why they keep showing hood down armors in the promos? Its kind of messed up.

Start flooding that Q&A thread with these question. Its the only way i think we'll get an answer on this. Well hoping really.

Personally, I believe them when they say it's a considerable task. However, Bioware has shown a great deal of support for the playerbase so far (such as the addition of a DPS option for Guardians). I honestly believe that they are working on it. I'm sure they realize that it's annoying to have your hood down and never see your hair. These forums have some of the whiniest, most impatient, and most bratty people I've ever seen. Give 'em a break, people; this is not the only issue that they have to work on. Edited by SaliusKalo

I hope 1.2 either introduce some easy to get new gear with the hood down, like social gear or something like that or a hood toggle that should have been present at release. If it does I will return to this game, but now I can't stand playing this game because of this issue and the big butt issue on armors for Jedi Knights.

Bioware has really disappointed with this game when it comes to gear and looks. Which is especially sad since the trailers made it out to be a game where I knew I would look awesome. I even used this as a way to persuade friends to join the game, because gear is class dependant when it comes to looks and judging by the trailers we will look cool no matter what.

I hope this is fixed when I am done with ME3, I will wait until it is fixed before I resub.

I'll echo the sentiment here - I don't understand why/how Bioware can keep releasing promo pics and vids with Jedi gear that has the hood down and then NOT allow it in game. It just doesn't make any sense.

I'm totally shocked that we haven't heard word one from them on this. I think alot of us would be appeased if they'd at least come out and say something. Even if it was to say "Listen, we understand the Jedi Knight community is upset about the lack of a hood toggle. We currently have no plans to change it". We just want to know SOMETHING. Come on, BW.

Edited by Argolisk

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

It's coming guys :D

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

Where did you get this information?

It's coming... too bad it's several months out, but at least we're getting it.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanna bump this post not that it'll help much though :confused:

It completely ruins it for me that my char is burried under that meatbag of a hood, i feel no desire to play a meatbag, will be parking my sage untill this gets fixed

Worst thing is its ALREADY in the game, put on a helmet and your hood is gone (or be a twi'lek)

i mean seriuosly wth ?

This really feels like a taunt in the face for me, no wonder there are way more imperials :mad:

Seeing as 1.2 is being pushed back from it's original date, I wonder if there is a chance the hood toggle would be ready for inclusion with the big patch?

If not I guess we'll have to wait, and I'll continue levelling alts until it hits.

It would be nice in the meantime if some of the new gear in 1.2 was hood down. Three chest pieces would even be enough to tide me over til the toggle makes life happy again for Jedi Knights.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.