Top 10 most powerful Sith and Jedi

BrandonSM

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sith

1.Darth vader ( Episode 3 vader when he was at full strength without armour or life support)

2. Darth Revan ( his tactics are great and he's very powerful he's also been reborn a lot)

3. Darth sidious ( "all warfare is based on deception")

4. Darth Plaugis

5. Vitiate

6. Darth Sion ( he's practicly invincible)

7. Darth Bane

8. Darth Malgus ( survives everything)

9. Darth kryat ( made a successful empire and destroyed the Jedi again )

10. Darth Malak ( he destroyed a planet must be one of the most hated people)

There was more I would want for Sith but can't think where to put them darth nihilus would be at top somewhere.

Jedi

1. Luke skywalker

2. YodA

3. Obi wan

4. Qui gon

5. Mace windu

6. Cade skywalker

7. Satale Shan

8. plo koon

9. Master vandaar

10. Exile

My opinions of course didn't really care for Jedi.

Edited by Newyankalt

1.) Emperor Sidious.

2.) Darth Caedus.

3.) Exar Kun.

4.) Emperor Vitiate.

5.) Darth Nihilus.

6.) Darth Nox.

7.) Darth Vader.

8.) Darth Jadus.

9.) Marka Ragnos.

10.) Darth Krayt.

1.) Grand Master Luke Skywalker.

2.) Grand Master Yoda.

3.) Weapon Master Mace Windu.

4.) Jacen Solo.

5.) Master Fay

6.) Master Kenobi

7.) Jedi Councilor Anakin Skywalker.

8.) Master Satele Shan.

9.) Master Surik.

10.) Nomi Sunrider.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

By far Vader was the most powerful sith. He killed all the Jedi but two. He killed the Emporer which put him at number 1. Luke was a wus and would not fight him because he knew he could not win. Yoda could not kill the Emporer nor Dukoo. Vader beat Dukoo with ease on his was to being a sith. Mace Windu beat the emporer and places him at number 1 since Yoda nor the wus Luke could not do it.

By far Vader was the most powerful sith. He killed all the Jedi but two. He killed the Emporer which put him at number 1. Luke was a wus and would not fight him because he knew he could not win. Yoda could not kill the Emporer nor Dukoo. Vader beat Dukoo with ease on his was to being a sith. Mace Windu beat the emporer and places him at number 1 since Yoda nor the wus Luke could not do it.

So much misinformation, dear lord.

10. Darth Nox (SWTOR new addition).

Bro Darth Nox is you if your the Sith Inquisitor and you have enough DS points to get the Darth Title xD.

For me the top ten Sith and Jedi from the canon are as Follows.

Sith

1.Marka Ragnos

2.Darth Vitiate

3.Darth Nhil

4.Darth Bane

5.Exar Kun

6.Darth Zannah

7.Darth Krayt

8.Darth Sidious

9.Darth Malgus

10.Tulak Hord

Jedi

1.Luke Skywalker

2.Mara Jade Skywalker

3.Ben Skywalker

4.Jaina Solo

5.Leia Organa Solo

6.Corran Horn

7.Satele Shan

8.Meetra Surik (The Exile)

9.Revan

10.Galen Merek (Starkiller)

Honorable mentions of both Sith and Jedi

Ganner Ryshode (Killed more Yuuzhan Vong than the entire Jedi Order during the entire Vong War)

Nomi and Vima Sunrider

Darth Talon and Darth Havok

Edited by Kyriosgundam

2.) Darth Caedus.

6.) Darth Nox.

8.) Darth Jadus.

4.) Jacen Solo.

I hate to disagree but Jace Solo/Darth Ceadus are one and the same and I couldnt count him as one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith by any means. Also if you have a Sith Inquisitor then Darth Nox is you xD. As to Darth Jadus never liked him didnt seem like a true Sith to me and his Daughter was obviously mentaly unstable for a Sith. Agree with all your other choices even though I will stick with mine.

Edited by Kyriosgundam

Alright, here's my List. I'm going of 'raw' power here, not including intelligence and cunning (because that'd scramble the list in unimaginable ways). List goes from 1 to 5.

Sith Side

1: Nihilus

By far 'the' most powerful Sith ever to live in SW lore, pointblank due to his force-wound status. Considering how 'sketchy' the subject of that is, A wound in the force alone doesn't suffice to be 'that' dangerous, but the way it manifested in nihilus made him basically a living nuke waiting to detonate on what's reffered to as 'life' or the 'force' on Star wars. Seriously, If not for the Exile being able to cancel him out/defeat him, Nihilus might've well been the undoing you the entire galaxy. Besides, what other sith do you know that, by his sheer force prowess alone devoured the life-force of an entire planet?

2: Plagueis

Even Sidious admitted that Plagueis force prowess far exceeded his own, and being the only Sith to ever master midichlorian manipulation, this guy held the direct key to life-manipulation of all kind. Not to mention that he was indirectly the sole cause for Anakin, basically 'the' strongest living embodient of the force known since Yoda in sheer terms of midichlorian saturation. The only reason he did is because he didn't take into account his students, Sidious, cunning. Sidious just sticked him while he was asleep, you may be as powerful as you want, but nothing can prepare you from not getting killed while you sleep if the assailant knows what he's doing.

3: Revan

Thanks to all the Expanded Universe material Revan was made out to be one of the potentially strongest Force Users to ever walk the galaxy in terms of understanding and connection to the force. What also made him a cut above all others was his logical approach to the force and not the pragmatic, blind-cult following type of obedience to either light or dark. If you think about it, He's a kind of 'Mary Sue' individual, which simply in itself makes him relatively OP'd in terms of Raw power.

4: Sidious

While inferior to his master Plagueis in the beginning, Sidious became a sole force to be reckoned with in terms of sheer force power later on in the expanded Universe, considering all the crazy **** he was able to pull (Spirit transferrence anyone?) He managed to render himself virtually immortal, if not for the side-effects of his cloned bodies going havoc on him. Not to mention that he had no issues to go with the Jedi's best. If it wasn't for his age screwing with him at later time, I could guess nothing would've stopped him.

5: Cade Skywalker

Now that's a strange one, isn't it? Yeah, he doesn't really count as a Sith, more like in-between jedi and Sith stage mary sue style but, let's face it. He's passionate, badmouthing, tends to get angry more then once and just generally strikes people more as darkside material, so I included him here. Now, there's nothing too exceptional about him, except one thing. And that's his natural talent in the ability called shatterpoint. This guy is pretty much capable of breaking ANYTHING, and I seriously mean 'A-NY-THING' with the force, being able to see the weak points in the fabrics and structure of the force. If the character in itself wouldn't have been such a lazy ****, he could've become the single most powerful being to ever exist in Star wars, but alas, the writers kept him as a no-good criminal with some minor heroic moments.

6: Vader (honorary mention)

Okay so many people believe Vader was this crazy strong super Sith, but, let's face it. This guy 'had' potential, but what was left of him was a joke compared to the all-time greats. He had the 'potential' to become one of the most powerful sith to ever exist, but, here's a few reasons why it didn't pan out.

A: Sidious never let him in on the deeper secrets of the darkside, he kept those to himself. Vader was, in essence, nothing else then a Jedi gone dark in terms of force abilities.

B: He was crippled beyond any doubt. If not for his originally gifted body. he may've been pretty powerful if not for the fact that he was broken goods, AND since he never really embraced the darkside as most sith did. Yeah he had th entire 'Power of the darkside' angle, but let's face it, in the end he was just an itsy bitsy whiny kid crying after his lost love.

Now what you have to give him credit for is that he was a skilled warrior. The guy 'did' own the moniker of Jedi-Killer after all.

Jedi side

1: Luke Skywalker

Like, it's not even funny how much this guy can do at the end in the expanded universe. One of 'the' most overpowered jedi to EVER live, and pretty much 'the' face of the New Jedi Order, even post his death. Just about everyone looked for guidance to him, and it makes sense, given the fact that he 'was' one of the best Jedi to ever strut across the galaxy. Okay, that his family brought fourth a few mental-cases is a given, and that his father was a whiney kid aswell, but, in the end, he alone is the reason the 'Skywalker family' in the end is considered a Jedi, and not Sith lineage.

2: Yoda

Complete No-brainer. Let's face it, this little midget was well over 750 years old at the time of Revenge of the Sith, and he was 'still' kicking it. Known as one of the most powerful Jedi ever to live, one of the wisest to boot, this little guy had it all in terms of Jedi prowess. He was smart, deep, wise, strong, and boy could he kick *** with his flying antics. Let's not forget that he went Toe-to-Toe with Sidious, although being that old. I still say that, if not for his far too advanced age, Yoda could've wrecked Sidious at a younger date. Alas, we'll keep remembering him as that 'old green midget that knows jedi kung fu'

3: Mace Windu

Say what you want but this guy here, right here, did what Yoda couldn't do. He beat the living crap out of sidious and did it with a Pulp Fiction glare like only he could. Now, okay, some say it was all a plan of sidious to get beaten knowing any would rush to his rescue any minute, but I still say BS. Mace bested the dark lord of the sith, one even Yoda couldn't handle at the end of RotS, and if not for that punk-accident where Anakin just randomly decided to 'hey, let's save the gosh darned Sith Emperor", the entire reign of the Empire would've ended right there and then.

4: Obi Wan Kenobi

Place 2 ,Without a doubt goes to Kenobi in my book. I mean, not only did he manage to get into a ******** of trouble during the Clone wars and prior to it, He defeated Maul being only a student of the force at the time, bested his very own student anakin when he turned dark (Mind you, Anakin being at the peak of his physical and force condition at that point) and overall just kicked some serious punani.

5: Skywalker Family:

Kinda goes without saying that Luke's and Leias kids all ended up likewise kicking *** while chewing gum. About ever Skywalker brat ended up being one of it's strongest peers in their time. Some of them became Sith, others Jedi, but let's face it, if you where in the galaxy, and you stood against a Skywalker, you knew you where screwed.

6: Honorary Mention : The Dark Woman An'ya Kuro

Mainly EU material. a Jedi turned grey Jedi, and if not for the fact that Vader simply had story advantage, this woman had the powers to literally destroy Vader. Now, she wasn't too powerful or anything. But this woman could Phase through solid objects, teleport (friggin teleport!), control plant matter at will And render herself completely invisible.

Now you tell me how that is not a straightcut blueprint into kicking and killing about everything that comes at you. But alas, Vader killed her, (which i still kinda dont understand how that happened) and as such, she only deserves a honorary mention.

Edited by DanteKardo

I hate to disagree but Jace Solo/Darth Ceadus are one and the same and I couldnt count him as one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith by any means. Also if you have a Sith Inquisitor then Darth Nox is you xD. As to Darth Jadus never liked him didnt seem like a true Sith to me and his Daughter was obviously mentaly unstable for a Sith. Agree with all your other choices even though I will stick with mine.

Just because you play as the SI doesn't mean its not an actual character in Canon. Nox is the canon name for the SI and if you have played as an SI you would know that they are pretty insane as well as the JK in this game.

Jadus may not seem powerful or whatever, but IMO he's pretty smart if not considered Genius. The Imperial Intelligence during the time of the Cold War was IMHO at its best ever before Sidious's Reign.

Really? I suggest you update yourself on the lore, Caedus is like Vader if he was never interred into the suit.

And obviously, Darth Nox is the currently canonical name to the Sith Inquisitor.

Oh and it is not about whether or not you 'like' them, it's about how powerful they are, and considering Darth jadus actually harmed people with his presence and is considered the second most powerful Sith in the empire, I can easily put him up there.

Allow me to help some people out here.

Sidious is canonically the most powerful Sith of all time. If you do not have him as number one, then your list is wrong.

If Luke isn't number one for Jedi, then you are laughably wrong.

Revan is NOT top 5 Sith or Jedi. He is in the lower end of the top tier, so the bottom 7-8-9 etc.

Edited by MaceTowani

Sidious is canonically the most powerful Sith of all time. If you do not have him as number one, then your list is wrong.

Revan is NOT top 5 Sith or Jedi. He is in the lower end of the top tier, so the bottom 7-8-9 etc.

Interesting, because Luke isn't even on my top10 list

Ironically we where asked about our opinions and not Canon-facts as claimed/declared by Lucas.

Ironically we where asked about our opinions and not Canon-facts as claimed/declared by Lucas.

I'm fairly sure my friend Brandon was also including the canonical facts, the reason he asked for opinions, wasn't so much as to pick and choose whoever you want, but to finally settle on a truly factual version of the lists.

Go to wookiepedia.org

Search Luke Skywalker Powers and Abilities

And now you know a little bit more about canon.

I don't really care, that's my opnion

If everything has to be as canon, then you would have to ask George Lucas about a list and not post on some random forum

That being said I can easily put Roan Fel and Cade Skywalker higher than Luke on my list

Edited by pudim

I don't really care, that's my opnion

If everything has to be as canon, then you would have to ask George Lucas about a list and not post on some random forum

That being said I can easily put Roan Fel and Cade Skywalker higher than Luke on my list

Then you'll be wrong. There's no way around it. Either you're right, or you're not. The top two or three spots on both sides are clenched. Luke, Yoda, and Mace. Sidious, Plaegus, and Vitiate. There's just no debating it.

*Sigh*

Every time someone asks the "most powerful X" question, the anti-EU haters always pull the whole "Lucas said so" or "Blah blah" from some novelization of the movies, and the thing is, MANY authors write books and MANY video games are made, so there are many details that they put in that people think is very credible but its not. George Lucas on the other hand did create the movie timeline himself and is probably against other people creating an enemy more powerful than his, but I see Vitiate and Sideous as near equals, but when we see what the emperor does after he regains his strength, then we can judge his strength versus Sideous

In the Jedi Knight story, you kill a weakened emperor's voice (the emperor controlling him like he did Kira), so when he is in his original form (if he has one, he may just take a new host) and is stronger, he wont be the same. Also, Revan isnt in the Maelstrom Prison to keep Vitiate at bay anymore, so that may change things. Really it can go as far as Bioware takes it

All that being said, here is my list:

Jedi:

1 Luke Skywalker

2 Hero of Tython (JK class)

3 Revan (Before capture)

4 Yoda

5 Mace Windu

6 Satele Shan

7 Anakin (as a jedi)

8 Galen Marek (TFU was way exaggerated)

9 Meetra Surik

10 Obi-Wan

Sith:

1 Vitiate

2 Darth Krayt

3 Darth Bane

4 Exar Kun

5 Darth Sideous

6 Darth Malgus

7 Darth Zannah

8 Darth Nihilus

9 Darth Traya

10 Darth Vader

(Dont know how some of the ancient ones like Ajunta Pall or Naga Sadow would fit, though they would most likely stack up pretty high)

Edited by BradyJohnston
forgot to delete a part of my post

Go to wookiepedia.org

Search Luke Skywalker Powers and Abilities

And now you know a little bit more about canon.

Oh yeah it's on wookiepedia it must be right and the OP said what's your opinions so no if we don't want sidious or Luke at the top we don't haft too. Some one thinks he knows everything.

actually if an article on wookieepedia is on it 'long' enough, it probably is right, because there's a plethora of people that double if not triple check sources and information. Wookieepedia's general accuracy might not be 100 percent, but it's high enough to say that the margin of error is about 7-8 percent at most. Which is, when you consider the massive amount of facts and information gathered there, minimal.

Besides, any article that has questionable information usually gets tagged on wookiee as being outdated or in dire need of a source-check, and almost all articles have references to sources that you can easily check up on yourself.

Also, regarding the holy EU vs non-EU discussion. Unless it's been explicitly stated that material is not considered Canon by lucasarts or anything like it, then sorry, it 'is' legit. I don't agree with everything included in the EU material, I consider some if it even extremely dumb (I was very annoyed with the Vong race) but nonethenless, I dont snuff it out as 'non-canon' material just because we didn't see it in the movies.

Ok, me saying some sources arent entirely credible may not be justified, but even with accurated information, two charater's abilities cannot be entirely compared the same. Some people bring up amazing feats that Palpatine, Vitiate, Luke, etc have accomplished, but unless they come from the same novel/game/movie, we cant realisticlly compare them. Just like we know Vader was much stronger than he appeared in his duel with Obi-Wan in episode lV and Starkiller's abilities were VERY exaggerated in The Force Unleashed, you have to realize that they are potrayed differently based upon what the author may write. Yes, he is said to have done this on Wookieepedia, and they stated it exactly right. And yes, he may have 5,000 novels accredited to him showing his abilities, but its just not the same. In the NBA, many people say that the quality of most players in the 80s was MUCH higher, but honestly, we will never know who would win the Lebron vs Jordan battle (I'd say MJ, but im VERY biased) because the style of the game and the competition has changed too much to tell. Hypothetically, an author, for storytelling purposes, could cause the hero to lose in a fight to the enemy at first but win later and think they made their hero better, but not know that years later, the enemy they used would appear in another author's book where he is wimpy, making the previous hero's accomplishment void. With so many different sources, you cant use pure accomplishments and expect to backup your opinion, no matter how accurate and more important it is. Sorry for rambling :mon_rolleyes:

Game mechanics are not canon for starters. Cutscenes and cinematics are.

Secondly, there are several sources that directly state Sidious as the most powerful Sith to have ever lived, and Luke Skywalker thrashed him in their fight in the EU, so by proxy Luke is the most powerful Force User to have ever lived.

Jedi:

1. Anakin Skywalker (well, I'm putting him here because he had potential to be the most powerfull Jedi ever as a chosen one),

2. Revan (at all he was much more Jedi than Sith, but he "found a clarity in the force" and at all was using both sides for good cause),

3. Luke Skywalker,

4.Yoda,

5. Meetra Surik aka Jedi Exile

6. Mace Windu,

7. Bastila Shan,

8. Galen Marek aka Starkiller,

9. Obi-Wan Kenobi,

10. Qui-Gon Jinn,

Sith:

1. Darth Bane (as Sith'Ari),

2. Vitiate,

3. Darth Sidious,