IMHO, this class is broken...

Yaboze

I'm level 44 and on Voss. My equipment is mostly orange, with item upgrades for my level that are blue/purple. My gear is better than any quest reward or what I could find on the GTN. The rest of my items are mostly blue (belt, bracers, offhand item, ear, etc), with 1-2 greens my level.

I have 11k health.

I have tried all 3 specialziations and I find that only the tanking spec is able to come out of most fights alive. I'm talking soloing here. I can't even tank two +1 or +2 "white" mobs without dieing, as a tank spec and that's with Talos! Oh, btw, I can't even function without Talos healing me. Forget using anyone else, I'll die.

This class is waaay to squishy. The damage-per-squishy ratio is way off. The double-ended saber damage is laughable for the 2-3 attacks you have and doing 1k damage from my biggest attack is laughable.

I have ditched this character because I can't take it anymore. For those below 30, there are tons of Gold elites in the future zones and there are many fights that are just frustrating.

This is the most frustrating class I have ever played in 10 years of playing MMO's. Seriously.

I love this game and have rerolled a Trooper and so far it's going very well. The Assassin is just an exercise in frustration.

Edited by Yaboze

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a troll, I'm serious. Khem stinks. I've geared up him up, I played other classes in beta and went with something I haven't played. This class is fail, probably unless you are 50 and PvPing as a stealther.

I could barely do some of my class quests, never had that problem with any other class.

This class is squishy like a mage but with healer dps. Fail. Lock it all you want. It sucks.

My pve experience is quite the opposite of yours. Strange.

I am lvl 43 and have never had to ask for help with any quest and I have been able to complete many heroics with less than the suggested amount of people.

So far I like what I see, although I think our burst damage is weak and against opponents that heal it can be a tough long fight.

I have ditched this character because I can't take it anymore.

I deleted mine when i realized that my stealth dpser was **** at dps.

Need to buff these guys to have good burst like ops/smugs. FFS assassin/shadow use a dbl bladed saber and ops use a knife and scoundrels do pistol whip, yet they do incredibly more burst than the dude whirling what should be a blazing staff of incinerating light.

such a disappointing class.

The only buff assassins need is make maul useful w/o spending 5 talents for it in deception, and maybe some armor pen in Deception somewhere. Give me operative burst and the class is beyond broken lmao Edited by Nocorras

The only buff assassins need is make maul useful w/o spending 5 talents for it in deception, and maybe some armor pen in Deception somewhere. Give me operative burst and the class is beyond broken lmao

maybe I didn't put enough time in or put points in the right trees, but either way, assassin was the most lack luster and disappointing of any of the acs I have played, and i have 7 slots filled on my main server.

regardless of the typical uber mighty forum warriors who always say "omg you must suck I solo'd a lvl 28 gold elite when I was lvl 10 lrn2play" The fact remains that this class is a huge disappointment and doesn't perform anywhere near expectations of what a dbl saber wielder should be like.

No class is not fine, in fact its catastrophic, funny i rerolled a trooper too, and enjoy it much more. Well except its boring to regrind all the levels again....

Theres plenty of things to fix, first massively , MASSIVELY, boost the damage . Remember you are a melee fighter, you do less than what other do at range, much less, do you think its normal ?.Fix maul , fix maul! too much power cost , too hard to position it , too long anmation, too few dps.

Darkness specs must be fixed, there's something wrong with the stats something is not applied, its just not doing its job for hard mode instance.Oh and fix force pull its bugs half the time.

Frankly theres hardly anything positive to say about the class, for every roles i can find another one doing a better job.Its mediocre at dps and mediocre at tanking.

Its like preaching in the desert, i bet we wont see any balance patch before a year.

You must be doing something wrong then, because I had no problems leveling my assassin to 50, and i used khem val as my companion, i could easily take on 2 or even 3 white mobs on special occasions and come out above 50% hp.

This. I bought Khem a full set of Juggernaught lvl 40 PVP gear and kept updating the mods when I found/looted some, I didn't specifically craft anything.

I levelled up purely as Deception up till I got to Voltaic Slash, then put the remaining points in Madness for the double Shock for the last few levels till 50.

The only times I felt squishy were the boss fights vs

Darth Thanaton, the first fight I barely survived with Khem as comp, the second at the Dark Council was impossible with him, I had to turn to Talos and kited the boss to death basically.

Imo you are doing something wrong, maybe your rotation isn't up to par, or you don't use all the tools you are given. For example I'd usually start fights with Mind Trapping the strongest mop of a group, then loading up Recklessness+Discharge+Shock's to dispose of the weaker ones. Just make sure Khem's AoE abilities are off, or he will break your Mind Trapped enemy early.

PvP is a different story though, where I'd agree on the squishiness on all specs except Darkness obviously.

Though I've yet to get a class to 50, cause I'm an altoholic and can't decide, I have an Assassin, Sorcerer, and Sentinel in the 30s-40s. The Assassin is by far my favorite. Sorcerer is way too faceroll easy. Send in companion, then heal. That's it. The Sentinel, is excruciatingly hard. I manage it, but its alot of work and thinking that most of the time I really don't wanna do in a video game. The Assassin is right in the middle. It's difficult, but FAR FAR from impossible to kill things. I'm not necessarily saying that it's a l2p issue. It's just that you don't like this class. Instead of whinging about it, play one of your other "7 characters," that are "soo" much easier to play. It's not that the class is broken, its that you don't have the mind for it. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. Go play a Sorcerer. Or a Bounty Hunter. Or heck, you all whine about Operative burst. GO PLAY ONE.... sheesh

Oh. AND. I really hope they don't make any big changes to the class, because I've never tanked in an MMO, ever, and I thought "Hey, this is apparently a hard class to tank with, so if I learn to tank well with it, I'll be set for future MMOs, when this one inevitably dies." I know I can heal well. I've been a healer in every MMO I've played, and I want a change, and a challenge. The Assassin will give that to me, and I'm happy.

Oh. AND. I really hope they don't make any big changes to the class, because I've never tanked in an MMO, ever, and I thought "Hey, this is apparently a hard class to tank with, so if I learn to tank well with it, I'll be set for future MMOs, when this one inevitably dies." I know I can heal well. I've been a healer in every MMO I've played, and I want a change, and a challenge. The Assassin will give that to me, and I'm happy.

Assassin isnt hard to tank with at all. I tank 3 HM Flashpoints yesterday in tank gear, dps spec, and tank stance.

I played my assassin non-stop till and loved it. Than when I hit the higher levels the game just decided to kick me in the nuts. I have been using the madness spec the whole time and now I can't even face a mob containing a strong and a standard without dying or losing my companion and nearly dying unless I have talos. Elites I survive with 2 health or so if I am lucky, and that's with stims medpacks and me running away and shocking them every so often. They should under power the assassin in lower levels so at least I'll know it'll be a hard class to play from the beginning or boost the damage output in higher levels.

I played my assassin non-stop till and loved it. Than when I hit the higher levels the game just decided to kick me in the nuts. I have been using the madness spec the whole time and now I can't even face a mob containing a strong and a standard without dying or losing my companion and nearly dying unless I have talos. Elites I survive with 2 health or so if I am lucky, and that's with stims medpacks and me running away and shocking them every so often. They should under power the assassin in lower levels so at least I'll know it'll be a hard class to play from the beginning or boost the damage output in higher levels.

You're problem is that you're madness spec. Seriously. Deception or Darkness with the proper companion will serve you just fine.

*side note, lol at whoever reported my earlier post.*

Edited by Abiza